Page 173 of 216 FirstFirst ... 73123163169170171172173174175176177183 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,595 of 3234

he looks like a blonde elf from LotR.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

I also wonder if the we will continue to have a introspective Thor - the one who looks inwards before acting and not just brute force and violence.

I know a lot on these boards hate that because it makes Thor look "weak" but I do hope that Thor doesn't revert back into non-thinking man of violence.

I really enjoyed JMS introducing that into Thor's characterization and then, of course, Aaron taking that baton and running with it.

I think action and sensitivity can exist in Thor and I hope Cates keeps it and doesn't discard it for Heavy Metal action.

Quote Originally Posted by Wally West View Post
    I love the new look

What’s wrong with a fresh costume for awhile?
    Totally agree, I think within Aaron's run alone we had like 5 redesigns for Thor: God of Thunder Thor, Viking Thor, King Thor, Unworthy Thor, Golden Armed Thor.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    he looks like a blonde elf from LotR.
    I agree. Even though I'm happy he seem to have regained his full anatomy, missing an eye and arm doesn't looks badass, it looks weak, cripple, old and worn. Now Thor doesn't needs armor and the super long hair looks bad imo. Its good to see him clean shaven though as it makes him look younger. Thor exposed arms are a staple too as he always looks more badass when he is not wearing sleeves, not a fan of this costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    The new look is SO bad
    I usually like Cates, but I don't know how anyone could have approved that new design.
    I actually like it. It has a very cosmic vibe, especially with the eternity/quasar like Galaxy template. It's a classic sign of power in Marvel, and combined with the white energy of Moljnir, it just makes it look like Odinson got a recent amp of next level power.

Considering all the "jobber-thor" hate I'm surprised people aren't more excited over this. He's getting a clear appeal to the fans of a massive power spike not only on page but by the chosen writter (Cates _lives_ to write over the top power fights). Physically healed on top of that, this is an almost direct response to the whining that was becoming an eye-rolling regular feature of Thor discussion.

I'm all for some Galaxy busting feats and maybe a cosmic rematch between Thor and Hulk (as he's going through a crazy power spike right now as well). Bathe in the audacity.
    Last edited by GrandEleven; 10-05-2019 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I also wonder if the we will continue to have a introspective Thor - the one who looks inwards before acting and not just brute force and violence.

I know a lot on these boards hate that because it makes Thor look "weak" but I do hope that Thor doesn't revert back into non-thinking man of violence.
    I don't know where you're getting that from. Most of us in this thread disliked Aaron's Thor because he tended to be portrayed as stupid and thuggish. Introspective is good. Thinking is good .Meat-head god of blunder: bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    I don't know where you're getting that from. Most of us in this thread disliked Aaron's Thor because he tended to be portrayed as stupid and thuggish. Introspective is good. Thinking is good .Meat-head god of blunder: bad.
    I think the problem was his "introspection" usually just amounted to being depressed, drinking mead, or just swaggering around like an oaf.

Spectacular Member

Love the creative team, love the new look. Hel yeah.

Fantastic Member

Based on the cover I guess the Legacy Numbering is disappearing. :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the problem was his "introspection" usually just amounted to being depressed, drinking mead, or just swaggering around like an oaf.
    One person's meat-head is another's poet; but I get your point.

I suppose what I mean is vulnerable as well as introspective. We see that in the Unworthy Thor mini, a little bit in the Jane Thor books, and then fully fleshed out when he gets his mantle back all the way up to War of The Realms.

However, as everybody on these boards know I have a bit more of a charitable reading of Aaron - meaning I take the author's intention as well as the book itself into account before judging it.

Nevertheless, I do look forward to Cates run; but I fear this run may be riddled with crossovers. The one thing that was so amazing with Aaron's Thor, there were no crossovers; which if you think about is quite an achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Definitely trying his hand at the All-Father thing
    Last edited by charliehustle415; 10-05-2019 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wally West View Post
    I love the new look

What’s wrong with a fresh costume for awhile?
    Well yeah it is way better than what we’ve had recently. That said I still hope for the helmet to return at some point and the hammer to have its classic look with the original inscription on it.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Well yeah it is way better than what we’ve had recently. That said I still hope for the helmet to return at some point and the hammer to have its classic look with the original inscription on it.
    You know they will never bring back the original inscription; especially after Jane Thor and of course Disney

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GrandEleven View Post
    I actually like it. It has a very cosmic vibe, especially with the eternity/quasar like Galaxy template. It's a classic sign of power in Marvel, and combined with the white energy of Moljnir, it just makes it look like Odinson got a recent amp of next level power.

Considering all the "jobber-thor" hate I'm surprised people aren't more excited over this. He's getting a clear appeal to the fans of a massive power spike not only on page but by the chosen writter (Cates _lives_ to write over the top power fights). Physically healed on top of that, this is an almost direct response to the whining that was becoming an eye-rolling regular feature of Thor discussion.

I'm all for some Galaxy busting feats and maybe a cosmic rematch between Thor and Hulk (as he's going through a crazy power spike right now as well). Bathe in the audacity.
    In regards the level of excitement

Speaking only for myself, and I have to admit, from the rather pessimistic aspect of me

I would have more excitement if I hadn't had my enthusiasm and energy for Thor books ground down by about a decade of Thor books I haven't enjoyed generally

That it's another marvel relaunch, so it must be a weekday

That he looks like he's Uber powerful again, so I expect something will turn up and knock his block off

That I was a bigger fan of cates, I'm more indifferent

I accept that whilst I love Thor, I haven't loved a Thor book for a very long time and I just don't have the faith in marvel to fix any of the problems I (I accept that's me not everyone) have had for so long

That said, I really hope this book reinvigorates my love for Thor books just as my love of the character remains