Page 174 of 216 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174175176177178184 ... LastLast
Results 2,596 to 2,610 of 3234

Not gonna lie, gonna miss Thor rocking the beard. He’s one of the few characters that they gave a beard to recently that it really improves the look. Ultimate Thor gave me an appreciation for a bearded Thor and after so many years, a clean shaven Thor just feels incomplete.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Not gonna lie, gonna miss Thor rocking the beard. He’s one of the few characters that they gave a beard to recently that it really improves the look. Ultimate Thor gave me an appreciation for a bearded Thor and after so many years, a clean shaven Thor just feels incomplete.
    Hard disagree as he has traditionally only grown one to cover an injury and there was that one comic that I think Walt Simonson wrote where he said Asgardians aren’t Vikings and he doesn’t like having facial hair.
    Last edited by KurtW95; 10-05-2019 at 08:31 PM.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    You know they will never bring back the original inscription; especially after Jane Thor and of course Disney
    No reason not to. It wasn’t changed when she lifted in in the What If comic from a long time ago and traditionally he has been the pronoun of choice when referring to a theoretical person you don’t know the sex of. As opposed to they which has traditionally been plural. It is also now upside down.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I don't mind Thor with a beard but his current one felt too much like Hercules.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

So was this Thor on the Incoming cover a fake out?

incoming-1.jpg

I don't think so. I'm not sure what's going on. Either the change in look is further away than we had imagined, or there's some twist involved, such as the young Thor being from the future, or alternate timeline, or something.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    I don't think so. I'm not sure what's going on. Either the change in look is further away than we had imagined, or there's some twist involved, such as the young Thor being from the future, or alternate timeline, or something.
    I'm guessing something like this and old king Thor future is erased in some way

I am interested in how that plays out and hope I'm wrong with that

However, as everybody on these boards know I have a bit more of a charitable reading of Aaron - meaning I take the author's intention as well as the book itself into account before judging it.
    Which is a rare quality here but I would have thought would be a prerequisite for appreciating a story. I would love to think having a new writer would finally bring to an end all the negativity once and for all, but sadly we all know that can’t happen. Cates will inevitably do something that will trigger a portion of fans all over again.

Nevertheless, I do look forward to Cates run; but I fear this run may be riddled with crossovers. The one thing that was so amazing with Aaron's Thor, there were no crossovers; which if you think about is quite an achievement.
    Well, Aaron effectively rebuilt Thor into a title that is high profile again. Which is an achievement he shares with JMS. But Marvel seem to have allowed Aaron to mostly get on with it without major interference (if we don’t count the artificial shortening of Jane’s story forced by Legacy.) Which arguably they should have done with JMS because his story got somewhat twisted out of shape. Maybe Marvel learnt their lesson.

It is inevitable that a high profile title will be used to tie other books together at some point, but in the last couple of years they have been reluctant to mess with too many books in favour of events.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

So was this Thor on the Incoming cover a fake out?

incoming-1.jpg
    We now know Incoming to be an actual book, a little like Marvel 1000, and that in that book there will be multiple pages from outgoing 2019 creators and incoming 2020 creators. So it is possible there will be an outgoing Aaron page in that book. Perhaps an outgoing Aaron / Dauterman page.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Which is a rare quality here but I would have thought would be a prerequisite for appreciating a story. I would love to think having a new writer would finally bring to an end all the negativity once and for all, but sadly we all know that can’t happen. Cates will inevitably do something that will trigger a portion of fans all over again.

Well, Aaron effectively rebuilt Thor into a title that is high profile again. Which is an achievement he shares with JMS. But Marvel seem to have allowed Aaron to mostly get on with it without major interference (if we don’t count the artificial shortening of Jane’s story forced by Legacy.) Which arguably they should have done with JMS because his story got somewhat twisted out of shape. Maybe Marvel learnt their lesson.

It is inevitable that a high profile title will be used to tie other books together at some point, but in the last couple of years they have been reluctant to mess with too many books in favour of events.
    I totally agree, hopefully Cates can take the pressure from both fans and editorial like Aaron did and achieve great success. So many creators are driven off of social media because of the incessant badgering from "fans" and I hope that doesn't happen with Cates.

True Thor did rebuild Thor into a A-Tier book; I hope that Cates at least gets 1 or 2 arcs before Venom is tied into Thor or Cosmic Ghost Rider.

We now know Incoming to be an actual book, a little like Marvel 1000, and that in that book there will be multiple pages from outgoing 2019 creators and incoming 2020 creators. So it is possible there will be an outgoing Aaron page in that book. Perhaps an outgoing Aaron / Dauterman page.
    I didn't realize that was how the book is, I thought it was a one shot that lead to some event.

One can hope it is a Aaron/Dauterman page

I totally agree, hopefully Cates can take the pressure from both fans and editorial like Aaron did and achieve great success. So many creators are driven off of social media because of the incessant badgering from "fans" and I hope that doesn't happen with Cates.
    In general I prefer it when fans are mostly happy. It is notable that even taking a back step from this thread and focusing on the amazing X-Men stuff going on, this place has still been obsessing over Aaron in one way or another. He has left a huge impression on Thor for good or bad, and from my perspective mostly for good, judging by the wider buzz and chatter.

Cates is clearly a big fan of Aaron just as most writers seem to be, but inevitably he will forge a new path. He clearly wants to go more epic, and may even be moving towards single issue arcs with wider series arcs, like so many other high profile books seem to be doing.

I very much doubt this cover Thor is anyone other than the Thor we know. He probably reflects a new slightly darker and more serious Thor, who carries responsibility with determination. That’s what I see in that image anyway, but Coipel always brings that serious edge. There is a slight 90s sensibility to him, reminding me of Morpheus or The Crow, but these more intense characterisations are coming back to comics so I wouldn’t be at all surprised if we see that kind of feel inside the covers with a modern twist.

True Thor did rebuild Thor into a A-Tier book; I hope that Cates at least gets 1 or 2 arcs before Venom is tied into Thor or Cosmic Ghost Rider.
    I would like to think Cates will be handing over the Venomverse stuff and focus on this corner of the universe for a bit. Just as he is handing over his GotG stuff. Thor needs an overseer, we have Hickman overseeing X-Books, Ewing overseeing cosmic books and perhaps we will see more of this approach. I think that model helps with talent retention. Big name writers end up with more of a stake in the properties they work on and are less likely to be enticed away during their longer plans.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 10-06-2019 at 08:14 AM.

I didn't realize that was how the book is, I thought it was a one shot that lead to some event.

One can hope it is a Aaron/Dauterman page
    I am going by the NYCC Big New Thing panel, where they briefly mentioned it as ‘our Xmas present to you’ and made it clear the main narrative would be led by Ewing and Slott.

‘Many of the creators that are currently working for Marvel will be contributing pages relating to the titles they are working on.’

‘It’s an oversized 80 page giant’

‘It is going to tell you about everything that went forward in 2019 and everything that is coming up in 2020, but it’s not just that...’
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 10-06-2019 at 08:12 AM.

In general I prefer it when fans are mostly happy. It is notable that even taking a back step from this thread and focusing on the amazing X-Men stuff going on, this place has still been obsessing over Aaron in one way or another. He has left a huge impression on Thor for good or bad, and from my perspective mostly for good, judging by the wider buzz and chatter.

Cates is clearly a big fan of Aaron just as most writers seem to be, but inevitably he will forge a new path. He clearly wants to go more epic, and may even be moving towards single issue arcs with wider series arcs, like so many other high profile books seem to be doing.

I very much doubt this cover Thor is anyone other than the Thor we know. He probably reflects a new slightly darker and more serious Thor, who carries responsibility with determination. That’s what I see in that image anyway, but Coipel always brings that serious edge. There is a slight 90s sensibility to him, reminding me of Morpheus or The Crow, but these more intense characterisations are coming back to comics so I wouldn’t be at all surprised if we see that kind of feel inside the covers with a modern twist.

I would like to think Cates will be handing over the Venomverse stuff and focus on this corner of the universe for a bit. Just as he is handing over his GotG stuff. Thor needs an overseer, we have Hickman overseeing X-Books, Ewing overseeing cosmic books and perhaps we will see more of this approach. I think that model helps with talent retention. Big name writers end up with more of a stake in the properties they work on and are less likely to be enticed away during their longer plans.
    Agreed, I too step away for weeks at a time; I might go and visit the X-Forums cuz X-Men is hot fire right now and cannot wait for X-Men proper to kick off.

I read that Cates is on Venom for a while so I do not think he will be handing over those duties for a while, I'll have a wait and see approach.

I haven't read much of Cates only his Thanos run and the first arc of Venom because of his introduction of Knull and the All-Black. I do like how he quietly expanded the Thor mythos within his Venom run and it makes me wonder if Knull will be the big bad for Thor in the future especially after he learns that it was because of Knull that Gorr gained the power to slay the gods.

I am going by the NYCC Big New Thing panel, where they briefly mentioned it as ‘our Xmas present to you’ and made it clear the main narrative would be led by Ewing and Slott.

‘Many of the creators that are currently working for Marvel will be contributing pages relating to the titles they are working on.’

‘It’s an oversized 80 page giant’

‘It is going to tell you about everything that went forward in 2019 and everything that is coming up in 2020, but it’s not just that...’
    Interesting, cool; then I might pick it up. I hope it gives us more hints at Aaron's Avenger's run I wonder when he will wrap up the Avengers One Million story and his run in general he already has 24 issues under his belt I wonder how much longer he has.