Page 183 of 216 FirstFirst ... 83133173179180181182183184185186187193 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,745 of 3234
    Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    he has a soft spot for Jane.

in other words, he likes her the most which was clearly showed when he was writing her while he was destroying Thor.

Oh and he wears her shirt most of the time.
    Kinda like when Frank Miller has fun having his version of Batman beating up and humiliating the other DC heroes.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Hasn't done the character justice!

Sometimes I wonder what books people have actually read. I mean, what does that even mean? Spoken as if everyone who has been here for decades will just nod along.

We get it, some people don't like Aaron's incredibly popular and successful run. But to try and somehow claim that "old" fans are somehow at odds with "new" fans is just crazy talk.

There are many thousands of "old fans" of Thor that appreciated and enjoyed Aaron's run. How do I know? Well apart from being one of them, a book can't sell in those numbers without it being true. Aaron didn't somehow wave a magic wand and bring huge numbers of teenagers into comic book stores.

Every time I come back here to catch up with what is happing people are still banging on about this. Let it go!
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post

Sometimes I wonder what books people have actually read. I mean, what does that even mean? Spoken as if everyone who has been here for decades will just nod along.

We get it, some people don't like Aaron's incredibly popular and successful run. But to try and somehow claim that "old" fans are somehow at odds with "new" fans is just crazy talk.

There are many thousands of "old fans" of Thor that appreciated and enjoyed Aaron's run. How do I know? Well apart from being one of them, a book can't sell in those numbers without it being true. Aaron didn't somehow wave a magic wand and bring huge numbers of teenagers into comic book stores.

Every time I come back here to catch up with what is happing people are still banging on about this. Let it go!
    Aaron's fans got into his run because of the movies and because they care more about Jane Foster than Thor, and they are perfectly okay with Thor and Odin being nerfed and acting like drunken rednecks.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

BANNED

Talking Happy Thor's Day!

Journey into Mystery #110 Nov 1964
    "Every Hand Against Him!"
    Loki sends the Cobra and Mr. Hyde to kidnap Jane;

Thor confronts them but is forced to back down and let them go after they threaten to hurt her;
    Odin, witnessing the scene, expresses his displeasure at Thor's "weakness" and banishes him from Asgard;
    Thor explains that his former actions were a result of Loki's trickery;
    Odin allows Thor to return to Earth where he battles the villains again;

He rescues Jane but she is critically ill;

Whirling his hammer, Thor creates a vortex around Jane in which time stands still;
    This will afford him the opportunity to finish his battle with Cobra and Hyde.

Script by Stan Lee, pencils by Jack Kirby, inks by Chic Stone

Fantastic Member Alpha to Omega's Avatar

Man, those pages remind me how much I miss the days where Thor was written to do more than just shoot lightning and throw his hammer.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    Aaron's fans got into his run because of the movies and because they care more about Jane Foster than Thor, and they are perfectly okay with Thor and Odin being nerfed and acting like drunken rednecks.
    Are the numbers all that special really, they compare relatively equally to the JMS run, I'll accept he's held the interest for a long time, but the numbers aren't extraordinary are they

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post

I agree,I too wonder what people have been reading, coz it sure hasn't been a good Thor book imo

I'll let my dislike, and right to voice that opinion, go when he's gone from Thor's book and when Thor isn't being written as a flying Hercules of old in the avengers

And I'll be glad when the persistent rehashing of the Gor idea is gone too, it's dead well repetitive and just an excuse for creative to expound personal views, in my opinion

As For numbers and popular, well the big Mac sells millions, but it sure isn't prime steak

But as I've said, opinions vary

On a positive note of appreciation, the art in the king Thor book is outstanding imo
    Last edited by kilderkin; 10-31-2019 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha to Omega View Post
    Man, those pages remind me how much I miss the days where Thor was written to do more than just shoot lightning and throw his hammer.
    Now that I think about it, Jane was written to have the more impressive hammer feats that didn't involve just smashing something or blasting lightning.

Fantastic Member Alpha to Omega's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Now that I think about it, Jane was written to have the more impressive hammer feats that didn't involve just smashing something or blasting lightning.
    Well of course, Aaron had to make it clear that Jane was the bestest to ever to wield the hammer so of course she'd use it more intelligently than the dumb barbarian that was his version of Thor. Remember, during his run he also made Mjolnir sentient and had it help Jane protect her secret identity even though it didn't do a damn thing to help when Thor lost his freaking arm.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha to Omega View Post
    Well of course, Aaron had to make it clear that Jane was the bestest to ever to wield the hammer so of course she'd use it more intelligently than the dumb barbarian that was his version of Thor. Remember, during his run he also made Mjolnir sentient and had it help Jane protect her secret identity even though it didn't do a damn thing to help when Thor lost his freaking arm.
    And now that it's back, Thor can't control it like a guided missile.

Though looking back, she didn't use that much, did she?

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    And now that it's back, Thor can't control it like a guided missile.

Though looking back, she didn't use that much, did she?
    She didn't even really use it. It was mostly her letting Mjolnir do it on it's own from what I remember (specifically the She-Hulk fight).

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    Are the numbers all that special really, they compare relatively equally to the JMS run, I'll accept he's held the interest for a long time, but the numbers aren't extraordinary are they
    Thor never had the same appeal of Spider-Man and X-MEN sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    I agree,I too wonder what people have been reading, coz it sure hasn't been a good Thor book imo

I'll let my dislike, and right to voice that opinion, go when he's gone from Thor's book and when Thor isn't being written as a flying Hercules of old in the avengers

And I'll be glad when the persistent rehashing of the Gor idea is gone too, it's dead well repetitive and just an excuse for creative to expound personal views, in my opinion

As For numbers and popular, well the big Mac sells millions, but it sure isn't prime steak

But as I've said, opinions vary

On a positive note of appreciation, the art in the king Thor book is outstanding imo
    Thor will always be written as Hercules because of Hensworth.

Ultimate Member

Thor will always be written as Hercules because of Hensworth.
    He's not to blame. His Thor is serious, intelligent and driven. After his time on earth, he's the serious Thor we all know from comics.

The problem is that the MCU doesn't want to really address magic, or Gods. It's more grounded than comics are, which combine every genre.

So instead, we have a serious Thor in unserious situations.

Astonishing Member

Thor never had the same appeal of Spider-Man and X-MEN sadly.
    No too true, but the numbers are still very much of a muchness for other periods of the character outside of the mega sales most books used to get