Page 203 of 216 FirstFirst ... 103153193199200201202203204205206207213 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,045 of 3234

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    Since when the asgardians from the 616 universe were aliens?
    Isn't that how they were as envisioned by Kirby?

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    As much as I like Ewing, I think he too has some issues.

Lately, too many writers are concerned about being meta, 'Are Gods Gods or stories' (usually going with the second), undercutting the concept of, ya know, Gods.

Did God create man or Man create God can be an excellent story yes, but is a moot point in the MU, where Gods exist as fact and flesh
    I think this is more of a thing for British writers than American ones. I recently read Vampirella Lives by Warren Ellis and the scene where Vampirella talks to Lilith before being killed by gods had what you are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I think this is more of a thing for British writers than American ones. I recently read Vampirella Lives by Warren Ellis and the scene where Vampirella talks to Lilith before being killed by gods had what you are talking about.
    Not to mention Neil Gaiman and Alan Moore...

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

As much as I like Ewing, I think he too has some issues.

Lately, too many writers are concerned about being meta, 'Are Gods Gods or stories' (usually going with the second), undercutting the concept of, ya know, Gods.

Did God create man or Man create God can be an excellent story yes, but is a moot point in the MU, where Gods exist as fact and flesh
    Gods are stories. They're fundamental myth aspects and laws of the Marvel U.

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Not to mention Neil Gaiman and Alan Moore...
    Don't forget Grant Morrison.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

I find the 90s Thor costume with the crop top super cool. Can anyone point me to the issues where it appeared?

Quote Originally Posted by Marblocks View Post
    I find the 90s Thor costume with the crop top super cool. Can anyone point me to the issues where it appeared?
    You are probably the only person on earth who likes that ugly thing from Warren Ellis run.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    No, Gods are Gods, flesh and super strong muscle and bone. Myth and history in the MCU are intertwined yes, but that doesn't make the Gods themselves stories.

And while it works in other mediums, making Thor et all nothing but elaborate figments of imagination, in works that are already fiction, comes off as lacking.

Gods should be larger than life, epics in acts and deeds.

No, Gods are Gods, flesh and super strong muscle and bone. Myth and history in the MCU are intertwined yes, but that doesn't make the Gods themselves stories.

And while it works in other mediums, making Thor et all nothing but elaborate figments of imagination, in works that are already fiction, comes off as lacking.

Gods should be larger than life, epics in acts and deeds.
    That's exactly the point of my criticism on Thanos Rising. We finally agree on something. Thanos is not space Jeffrey Dahmer but a mystical superhuman related to the titans of greek mythology and Mistress Death is not an hallucination.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...-Thanos-Rising
    Last edited by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree; 12-17-2019 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Isn't that how they were as envisioned by Kirby?
    I don't remember that. Thor is a GOD not some sufficently advanced alien, and he used to talk like Shakespeare.

BANNED

You guys might enjoy this, they namedropped Thor and Hulk in Doomsday Clock #12

RCO034_1576662486.jpg

It's interesting to see DC mention them, kinda makes me wish Marvel and DC still did crossovers.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    That would sort of contradict with the ohotmu description of they being the offspring of the demiurge

Sure there is grounds to show story and belief helped shape them, but they, at least the earth based mythos ones are definitely wellspring of the demiurge iirc from that book and several times since then, including the official marvel wiki

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    You guys might enjoy this, they namedropped Thor and Hulk in Doomsday Clock #12

RCO034_1576662486.jpg

It's interesting to see DC mention them, kinda makes me wish Marvel and DC still did crossovers.
    That is very cool

Astonishing Member

I don't remember that. Thor is a GOD not some sufficently advanced alien, and he used to talk like Shakespeare.
    The description marvel has given of god's, at least from earth myths is that they are the offspring of the demiurge

Several times at least since ohotmu and afterwards

Astonishing Member

That's exactly the point of my criticism on Thanos Rising. We finally agree on something. Thanos is not space Jeffrey Dahmer but a mystical superhuman related to the titans of greek mythology and Mistress Death is not an hallucination.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...-Thanos-Rising
    Are the titans thanos comes from just offsprings of the eternals

Not actually from the mythic titans of the Olympian myths?