Page 204 of 216 FirstFirst ... 104154194200201202203204205206207208214 ... LastLast
Results 3,046 to 3,060 of 3234
    Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    Are the titans thanos comes from just offsprings of the eternals

Not actually from the mythic titans of the Olympian myths?
    They were originally the titans from greek mythology before Gruenwald and Stern retconned them into being related to Earth's Eternals. This still doesn't make Thanos any less mystical and larger than life.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    You guys might enjoy this, they namedropped Thor and Hulk in Doomsday Clock #12

Attachment 90406

It's interesting to see DC mention them, kinda makes me wish Marvel and DC still did crossovers.
    I love that they say Hulk Is potentially stronger than Doomsday.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    I love that they say Hulk Is potentially stronger than Doomsday.
    Not even potentially, they just straight up say he is stronger than even Doomsday lol. Not gonna like that put a smile on my face, especially when it's coming from DC.

Oh man how i wish Marvel and DC still did crossovers...

Not even potentially, they just straight up say he is stronger than even Doomsday lol. Not gonna like that put a smile on my face, especially when it's coming from DC.

Especially after Screwattack having Hulk getting killed by Doomsday in a Death Battle.

I could swear there was a crossover where Hulk beat Doomsday...or maybe he fought Superman.

Astonishing Member

They were originally the titans from greek mythology before Gruenwald and Stern retconned them into being related to Earth's Eternals. This still doesn't make Thanos any less mystical and larger than life.
    Okay cool, so he isn't Olympian myth now, so that would mean he is less mystical than when he started if at that point he was related directly to those Olympian myths

Thanks for the clarification

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I could swear there was a crossover where Hulk beat Doomsday...or maybe he fought Superman.
    There was a panel in pads run where hulk one shotted doomsday in a danger room simulation, mostly off panel

There was a book where superman did meet the hulk too

Astonishing Member

Yep, just straight up stronger

It's not ambiguous at all in the panel

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Savage Hulk fought pre-crisis Superman in an old crossover; it was something of a stalemate. Professor Hulk fought Clark, who barely won, in Marvel vs DC (winner was decided by votes); I don’t think Hulk ever met Doomsday.

In the Justice League/Avengers comic Thor and Clark fought with the latter winning, but by the end he was so exhausted the other Avengers made short work of him. I think Thor beat Doomsday in that crossover.
    Last edited by underfist; 12-18-2019 at 09:58 AM.

I'd be cool with it as long as fights are not governed by fan votes.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

did anyone read King Thor #4, Aaron's final chapter???

Quote Originally Posted by underfist View Post
    Savage Hulk fought pre-crisis Superman in an old crossover; it was something of a stalemate. Professor Hulk fought Clark, who barely won, in Marvel vs DC (winner was decided by votes); I don’t think Hulk ever met Doomsday.

In the Justice League/Avengers comic Thor and Clark fought with the latter winning, but by the end he was so exhausted the other Avengers made short work of him. I think Thor beat Doomsday in that crossover.
    Clark also said Thor was one of the thoughest opponents he ever fought.

PS: Supes met Hulk in one of the old Superman/Spider-Man crossovers.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    did anyone read King Thor #4, Aaron's final chapter???
    I did. The absolute best I can say is that it’s a mixed bag. There are some cool moments and the overall idea might be interesting in a vacuum, but Aaron’s lack of respect for continuity and his inability to resist sniping at Odin (and religion in general I feel) bring the whole thing down.

Quote Originally Posted by underfist View Post
    I did. The absolute best I can say is that it’s a mixed bag. There are some cool moments and the overall idea might be interesting in a vacuum, but Aaron’s lack of respect for continuity and his inability to resist sniping at Odin (and religion in general I feel) bring the whole thing down.
    Who else but Jason Aaron?

Good riddance. I don't hold my breath for Cates though.

Amazing Member

Who else but Jason Aaron?
    When I read something like "the lack of respect for continuity and his inability to resist sniping at religion in general bring the whole thing down" the first person I think of is Jim Starlin, who is the godfather of that particular type of 'approach'. So, forgive me, but I'm somewhat amused by truly cosmic irony of the whole situation...
    "The critics? No, I have nothing but compassion for them. How can I hate the crippled, the mentally deficient, and the dead?"