Page 208 of 216 FirstFirst ... 108158198204205206207208209210211212 ... LastLast
Results 3,106 to 3,120 of 3234
    Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Bendis' run on Guardians was a directionless mess that had really great art and movie hype behind it. The same for his X-men run. He's currently writing the Legion of Superheroes for DC. Much to my chagrin.
    LOSH are one of my favorite DC series next to Green Lantern and Superman. Bendis must be stopped no matter the cost (cue You got the Touch in the background).
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    Who really cares anymore

It used to be something special, now it's used as a joke (eg current avengers run), it's really no big deal with the way Thor and mjolnir have been written for years imo

They will keep trying to push cm to a position as their superman analogue especially with MCU next phase, I can understand that

But until cm sells consistent big numbers for an extended run (if marvel let's anyone have a long run these days), I would question if it will really work

And in all honesty, as with so much in life, the more you push, the more things push back

Since Thor is allfather now, if I were him, I'd definitely get that enchantment sorted out, no more lending his powers, I'd be getting it name tagged and family blood lined only at the most
    She is the John Cena/Roman Reigns of Marvel. Wake me up when Marvel editors and writers stop shitting on Thor.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Ya know, even in the 90s, people knew not to take covers on face value.
    I definitely hope it's te case here too.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    I definitely hope it's te case here too.
    I hope so too. I'm so done with Thor being humiliated and diminished at every turn.

what happened to Thor's axe? Where is it now? is there a worthiness spell to the axe? Who could he gift it to?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    what happened to Thor's axe? Where is it now? is there a worthiness spell to the axe? Who could he gift it to?
    ...Now that you mention it, did it just get knocked away after the fight with Mangog?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    So, one more to lift Mjolnir?! LOL.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/12...mjolnir-canon/
    Ugh, that's seriously painful, stop with the Carol wank, no one likes her, stop trying so hard to shove her down our throats.

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    Ugh, that's seriously painful, stop with the Carol wank, no one likes her, stop trying so hard to shove her down our throats.
    They should make Carol more weird and cosmic like Mar-Vell and Genis-Vell and not having her constantly compared to the other Avengers.

Fantastic Member Alpha to Omega's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Loki had it somehow in his series that was just cancelled.

Honestly, its crap like this that prevents me from picking up Thor anymore. I come to this thread to hear of stuff. When I hear good reports, I'll start actually reading stuff with Thor in it again.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    Honestly, its crap like this that prevents me from picking up Thor anymore. I come to this thread to hear of stuff. When I hear good reports, I'll start actually reading stuff with Thor in it again.
    I've made a thread about the finale of Aaron's run if you're interested.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...29#post4748329

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    You'd be better off just reading the book yourself and forming your own opinion.

You'll likely find that the actual content of the book itself doesn't match up with angry reactions on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    You'd be better off just reading the book yourself and forming your own opinion.

You'll likely find that the actual content of the book itself doesn't match up with angry reactions on the internet.
    We get it. You love Aaron's writing on Thor and he can do no wrong.

But this thread is about appreciating the character of Thor. And many of us don't like how he has been portayed as punching bag chump who can't do crap without that pesky hammer in both the Avengers and his own series.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post

And in some cases, you'll find that it matches perfectly

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    We get it. You love Aaron's writing on Thor and he can do no wrong.
    There's been plenty of things that Aaron has written that I haven't liked, like his Doctor Strange run, for instance.

So saying that people who enjoy his Thor run have a wholly uncritical view of Aaron as a writer is false.

But this thread is about appreciating the character of Thor.
    People who love or like Aaron's Thor actually do appreciate the character, including incoming writer Donny Cates.

And many of us don't like how he has been portayed as punching bag chump who can't do crap without that pesky hammer in both the Avengers and his own series.
    All I can say is I can't imagine being so fragile that I would ever get upset about a fictional character's feats of strength not being adequate enough. I really can't.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    And in some cases, you'll find that it matches perfectly
    If you're inclined to buy into the reductive thinking that Aaron's run has been about "Jobber Thor," sure.