Page 21 of 216 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    well, Loki is the God of Lies so he could be lying.
    He categorically did ‘lie’. He told a fictional story that he asserted to be true. He can’t be sure himself, but he appears to succeed. And then Doom killed the Beyonders, potentially sealing their fate forever. It is all interpretation. I wasn’t a fan of the run as a whole but the beginning and the end are very elegant.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
    Thanks, when I used to read Thor, I always saw Sif as they only one who one day could be his queen.

And It kind of depends when that was. Besides, Thor should just get it together with Amora. Their dynamic is always fun and entertaining. I like that dysfunctional dynamic that they had when they were last together.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    And It kind of depends when that was. Besides, Thor should just get it together with Amora. Their dynamic is always fun and entertaining. I like that dysfunctional dynamic that they had when they were last together.
    unfortunately, Amora is forgotten.

last time she had anything major was when Hela had the Twilight Sword iirc.

He categorically did ‘lie’. He told a fictional story that he asserted to be true. He can’t be sure himself, but he appears to succeed. And then Doom killed the Beyonders, potentially sealing their fate forever. It is all interpretation. I wasn’t a fan of the run as a whole but the beginning and the end are very elegant.
    well then, I'm on board for now.

Personally I think using Sif more prominently in the Jane run would have been awful. It would have taken away the focus and caused even more arguments in the fan base as they would have said she was being compared unfavourably to Jane. We had quite enough people getting confused over the comparisons with an absent Thor Odinson. But Sif was used as part of the crowd. She wasn’t absent.
    I mean, if she was depicted and utilized well and fairly, I don't see what would've been the problem from the fanbase. I don't see a book about empowering women and feminism not benefitting from prominently displaying Lady Sif and I think she could have potentially helped enrich the "Unworthy Thor" narrative in her own way.
    The problem with the ‘dynamic from the past’ is that they are effectively rivals for the attention of Thor. So suddenly the subtext is all about Odinson and Odin’s lies as highlighted by Roy Thomas.
    That didn't seem to stop them from getting along in Kathryn Immonen's Journey Into Mystery run.
    I wish more writers would do stuff with Amora.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That didn't seem to stop them from getting along in Kathryn Immonen's Journey Into Mystery run.
    Their relationship in that was entirely based on comedy and owed more to Dr Who: School Reunion than Thor continuity. Not sure that really counts.

unfortunately, Amora is forgotten.

last time she had anything major was when Hela had the Twilight Sword iirc.
    But she really doesn’t belong in this story. I don’t expect her to turn up anytime soon. I have little time for ‘woe my favourite character is missing’ sentiment. Marvel have far too many characters to weave them all in. She will be back eventually.

BANNED

This video is absolute gold.

Their relationship in that was entirely based on comedy and owed more to Dr Who: School Reunion than Thor continuity. Not sure that really counts.
    I dunno. It's probably been a while since they'd last had a really in-depth conversation and after everything they've been through I could see them coming to that kind of accord, and it was a humorous scene, so I thought it worked .
    But she really doesn’t belong in this story. I don’t expect her to turn up anytime soon. I have little time for ‘woe my favourite character is missing’ sentiment. Marvel have far too many characters to weave them all in. She will be back eventually.
    It would've been interesting to see her reaction to Thor in his "Unworthy" state.

She's in the War of Realms story as part of Malekith's forces although I doubt she'll get much to do storywise aside from being a general villain.

A nice Thor/Loki moment from Simonson:

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She's in the War of Realms story as part of Malekith's forces although I doubt she'll get much to do storywise aside from being a general villain.
    When she last popped up I thought we would see more of her, and I suspected she would switch sides, but she has somewhat faded into the background. It would be nice to see her used in a pivotal way but she needs to start being in the main narrative pretty soon for that to pay off, so I think you are right.

BANNED

For those debating about Thor's age, I believe Thor is at least 2,000 years old, at least before Aaron took over the title and made his many retcons, there was a one shot long ago called "Truth of History" where we see Thor visiting ancient civilizations and the date was 3000 BC. Not only based on that one shot though, he has said many times IIRC that he is thousands of years old, and just generally the way he speaks and address things about his life, you'd think he's lived for thousands of years.

I might be wrong but I kind of remember also Thor saying he was there at the dawn of humanity, and the most accepted theories are that the time period for that is from 35,000 BC to 8,000 BC, and there is another similar claim during Aaron's own run.
    Last edited by Wall-Crawler; 03-03-2019 at 05:31 PM.

So Asgardians stay in Elementary school for a long ass time?
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

A good writer can make everything work

That chapter with Roz was completely unnecessary.

It was basically a filler on the level of Naruto fillers.

Remove her and put Amora in.

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    For those debating about Thor's age, I believe Thor is at least 2,000 years old, at least before Aaron took over the title and made his many retcons, there was a one shot long ago called "Truth of History" where we see Thor visiting ancient civilizations and the date was 3000 BC. Not only based on that one shot though, he has said many times IIRC that he is thousands of years old, and just generally the way he speaks and address things about his life, you'd think he's lived for thousands of years.

I might be wrong but I kind of remember also Thor saying he was there at the dawn of humanity, and the most accepted theories are that the time period for that is from 35,000 BC to 8,000 BC, and there is another similar claim during Aaron's own run.
    You will note that I never focus on “before and after Aaron”. It is entirely false to think of Thor continuity like that.
    Until recently nobody cared how old Thor was. A few scattered references here and there don’t prove anything. This is all entirely up for grabs. If we have any marker to think about a before and after it should be before and after the ‘mini series era’ of Thor comics. Which was pretty much Marvel letting writers explore a difficult to sell character and work out what to do with him.

Many of these questions arose from this time.

A good writer can make everything work

That chapter with Roz was completely unnecessary.

It was basically a filler on the level of Naruto fillers.

Remove her and put Amora in.
    Sorry that’s thinking about story entirely backwards. That just isn’t how writers work unless heavily constrained by editors.

This isn’t a Roz vs Amora thing. Roz was set up for a number of reasons, the most obvious being her role as an early red herring, from which her name is derived. She is also a tribute to Kirby’s wife, a human perspective character, a way to bring in the underlying environmental themes, a specific type of dramatic foil for Jane, I could go on.