Page 210 of 216 FirstFirst ... 110160200206207208209210211212213214 ... LastLast
Results 3,136 to 3,150 of 3234
    Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Did it ever really boost him? I thought it just kept him moving.
    I thought it made him more resistant to the attacks of powerful foes like Jormungand .
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

BANNED

What do you guys think about Siege ?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    Another example about why Bendis shouldn't be allowed to direct a big crossover?

I do love, however, how an event called Siege is just several issues of pointless fighting

Fantastic Member Alpha to Omega's Avatar

Aside from the art, it was complete **** like most of Bendis' events and non-street level books. It's also the main reason that JMS left Thor and led to Fracton's godawful run.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Another example about why Bendis shouldn't be allowed to direct a big crossover?

I do love, however, how an event called Siege is just several issues of pointless fighting
    Yet House of M and Secret Invasion were great, and I personally enjoyed Siege, though not nearly as good as the former two.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha to Omega View Post
    Aside from the art, it was complete **** like most of Bendis' events and non-street level books. It's also the main reason that JMS left Thor and led to Fracton's godawful run.
    To this day I still don't understand why Fraction missed the mark so bad, he is a pretty good writer and had glimpses of greatness (The Seed arc) but his run was very lackluster, especially for a writer on his caliber.

BANNED

Yet House of M and Secret Invasion were great, and I personally enjoyed Siege, though not nearly as good as the former two.
    house of M was awful for any wanda fan

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

They weren’t that good. Mediocre at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    he has never really got sick to my recollection unless he was weak for some reason
    poisons and potions do have some effect, but he can usually recover

i don't know how well he'd do against a brood. Wolverine was capable of rejecting the brood embryo, but wolverine has insane recuperative powers to the point of being able to regrow parts.

I remember he got taken over by a symbiote in a old what if, but i don't know if that counts.
    IIRC, Thor was stricken ill during Al Milgrom's Fear-Eater Saga from Marvel Comics Presents (1988).

To this day I still don't understand why Fraction missed the mark so bad, he is a pretty good writer and had glimpses of greatness (The Seed arc) but his run was very lackluster, especially for a writer on his caliber.
    Agreed. Things were never the same after Coipel left.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

It was really good. A culmination of everything Bendis had worked on, and a nice return to heroes vs villains

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha to Omega View Post
    This shows that i have plenty of reasons to hate Bendis. Everything he touches he destroys.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    Most of Earth diseases at least. And he used to be the last one standing when the Avengers are against a powerful villain and not the first one to be one-shotted by the monster of the week to show how dangerous the monster of the week is, like he's Worf from Star Trek.
    if this keeps out, he is gonna die from cancer while Jane will nurse him through it because she beat cancer already.
    Last edited by GodThor; 12-26-2019 at 04:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    if this keeps out, he is gonna die from cancer while Jane will nursing him through it because she beat cancer already.
    Ssssh. Don't give Aaron more ideas to wank his waifu.

Extraordinary Member

Yeahhh... I know it's a Thor thread, but folks at Scarlet Witch Appreciation thread hate it like people's hate here for Aaron if not more.
    You kinda need to ignore the entire House of M's motives and characterization for that story to move logically.

Extraordinary Member

Kinda the proof Bendis lacks imagination in terms of clash between the likes of Thor and Sentry.
    Detonate a Hellicarrier to weaken Sentry, yayyyyyy!