Page 213 of 216 FirstFirst ... 113163203209210211212213214215216 LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,195 of 3234
    Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

That was pretty badass. Can't wait to see Thor getting rid of that metal arm.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    Re the marvel god's

I think you are totally correct, imo his work on Thor was heavily affected by his own beliefs

He did say in an interview that he would need to work on that in some way iirc though I don't recall where I saw that

Now his own beliefs are entirely his right, as are anyone's, and I support people having that freedom

I do think it affected his work on Thor, in my opinion negatively because the Asgard characters came across all too human and normal for me most of the time

And there was a lot of god's being rubbish, humans being as good, god's not being worthy, heck gorr is entirely about this

That's okay, I'm just not going to pretend it's not a key point to the work, because it really was

Imo

Again I stress, this is not a comment on anyone's beliefs, I support the right to have as you will,

It is a comment on whether I think the writers beliefs directly impacted on the work, which I feel they did

The positive or negative of that is really in the reader
    Aaron also made Thanos and the Titans too human and lame.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

not a bad start.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    not a bad start.
    Is this finally the end of the Jobber Thor (Thobber) saga?

Don't let your guard down. You know Cates has said he sees Thor as a jerk. I've always said that Marvel would put someone on the book who'd carry on in the vein of Aaron's Thor, and I'm sure that's who Cates is.

I feel bad for Sif getting stuck on Bifrost duty. She deserves better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Don't let your guard down. You know Cates has said he sees Thor as a jerk. I've always said that Marvel would put someone on the book who'd carry on in the vein of Aaron's Thor, and I'm sure that's who Cates is.
    Yeah, that scene of him talking to Sif sounded a little too much like he's trying to show off his manliness with his hammer (if you know what I mean).

Hopefully this "retirement" at least means he's finally off The Avengers. And broken up with She-Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel bad for Sif getting stuck on Bifrost duty. She deserves better.

Yeah, that scene of him talking to Sif sounded a little too much like he's trying to show off his manliness with his hammer (if you know what I mean).

Hopefully this "retirement" at least means he's finally off The Avengers. And broken up with She-Hulk.
    Thor hasn't been the same since JMS left. Fraction sort of turned him and Odin into boorish brutes with psychological issues. Aaron then flanderized Fraction's take on Thor, so i wouldn't be surprised if Cates' Thor turns out to be a thuggish meathead, i mean, this is the guy who named his archvillain with the swedish word for ''f***''.

Astonishing Member

I will retain all hope of improvement untill I actually see some

His line of seeing Thor as a jerk really means I hold little hope

And I really don't like the new look

BANNED

The artwork looks great, not sure why the hammer leaves a rainbow behind it, but everything looks great so far.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    Is this finally the end of the Jobber Thor (Thobber) saga?
    As i said before i think under Cates Thor will no longer be a jobber, he will probably get the Immortal Hulk treatment where he is written as a badass that just smacks everyone, my only concern is Aaron will still be writing him in the Avengers and i am hoping that will end soon as well, cause there he will most certainly job. And also Aaron is using the new Thor in the Valkyrie series and if he has the 2 of them fight where Jane even holds her own let alone beats him then Aaron can honestly go screw himself, just leave Thor alone for god sake....

Does anyone know if Aaron will be off the Avengers soon? I mean he has written it for over 30 issues so far, they really should change it to another writer.

Fantastic Member Alpha to Omega's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I rather doubt it. Thor writers seemed more inclined to cut off their own ears than acknowledge Jurgens or any writer than Walt.
    Back when Aaron started he said he read the whole Jurgens run and was inspired by it, since people rightfully pointed out not only the similarities between Desak and Gorr but also his King Thor clearly being inspired by Jurgens' The Reigning arc with the missing arm and eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    The artwork looks great, not sure why the hammer leaves a rainbow behind it, but everything looks great so far.

As i said before i think under Cates Thor will no longer be a jobber, he will probably get the Immortal Hulk treatment where he is written as a badass that just smacks everyone, my only concern is Aaron will still be writing him in the Avengers and i am hoping that will end soon as well, cause there he will most certainly job. And also Aaron is using the new Thor in the Valkyrie series and if he has the 2 of them fight where Jane even holds her own let alone beats him then Aaron can honestly go screw himself, just leave Thor alone for god sake....

Does anyone know if Aaron will be off the Avengers soon? I mean he has written it for over 30 issues so far, they really should change it to another writer.
    I'm more worried about Aaron ruining Mistress Death even further in the next issues of Valkyrie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    I'm more worried about Aaron ruining Mistress Death even further in the next issues of Valkyrie.
    Aaron is on a mission to ruin every single character he can.

Except Jane.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    Ill try to find the run but was there some explanation that weakened him or was it just some ultra powerful contagion?
    Please excuse the lateness, but I was observing the holidays.

I'll try my best to explain: the Fear-Eater entered Thor through extra-dimensional means, without causing any physical damage. Fear-Eater forms a mental/emotional link from within, which allows it to "read" Thor. With its newfound knowledge, Fear-Eater is now able to project and generate Thor's greatest fear. Thus, leaving the mighty one completely incapacitated.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Kkallakki
    Last edited by K7P5V; 12-28-2019 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Added link.

Aaron is on a mission to ruin every single character he can.

Except Jane.
    It reminds me of Bendis' crush on Kitty Pryde.

Aaron was actually asked about Who would win in a fight, Thor or Valkyrie (Jane)?

and he said Jane would give him a run for his money LOL.