Page 46 of 216 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696146 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    And mercifully it won't be for a long while yet.
    it will be a blessing indeed.

Astonishing Member

And mercifully it won't be for a long while yet.
    I saw an interview with the EIC said no departure had been planned date wise but it would be after this year, anything more concrete been heard ?

Just wondering coz I'm looking forward to buying a Thor book again

Incredible Member

This has been one of the best extended runs since Simonson. His Avengers.... readable but not so good. Nobody's perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by beetee View Post
    This has been one of the best extended runs since Simonson.
    It all depends on how he ends Thor's journey for me.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

This has been one of the best extended runs since Simonson. His Avengers.... readable but not so good. Nobody's perfect.
    I think his Avengers run improved by leaps and bounds after the first arc. But everyone's mileage may vary.

For me, it went from "Hmm. It's ok, I'm gonna stick it out" to "OMG, I can't wait for the next issue!"

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    I saw an interview with the EIC said no departure had been planned date wise but it would be after this year, anything more concrete been heard ?

Just wondering coz I'm looking forward to buying a Thor book again
    he will went out with a BANG which worries me...

I have a bad feeeling whoever writes Thor next, he will just continue his work.

Let’s not forget that when the latest Thor volume was solicited everyone moaned about how Thor had a magic hammer that changed into multiple versions, or that the story would be about him running around looking for artefacts and hammers for at least a trade. When some of us pointed out that we had no idea what the story would be because solicitations are never straightforward, or that the cover was perhaps not representative, that was equally dismissed.
    I don't really remember people complaining about the premise of the new volume, just Aaron still being on Thor. People were just happy he was the main character again and actually going by his name, even if they were worried how he was going to write Thor as the lead character again.
    Given we couldn’t even predict when Aaron was leaving, and it seems neither can Marvel, we are all notoriously bad at guessing the future. But it is great news that Aaron will be around for at least the rest of the year.
    I think most people guessed Aaron would be leaving not long after War of the Realms ended.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Fine by me. I'm in no hurry to see Aaron leave. It's going to be almost impossible to get anyone who's going to maintain the momentum of the book.
    True, which probably means a relaunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't really remember people complaining about the premise of the new volume,
    It is a matter of record in these threads, and it was a very similar tone to this. “I don’t like what I assume this will be about” which contains a big logical problem that our assumptions are based on next to nothing.

I think most people guessed Aaron would be leaving not long after War of the Realms ended.
    I can only speak for myself but I expected him to finish in June or July, but now it looks like maybe six or more issues extra and no actual announcement that he will leave then.

Personally I suspect Marvel are not keen on the idea of loosing Aaron from Thor. They are probably trying to entice him to stay because leaving represents a risk of an unsuccessful relaunch.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 04-09-2019 at 11:28 AM.

Personally this is the best run since Kirby left.

It is a matter of record in these threads, and it was a very similar tone to this. “I don’t like what I assume this will be about” which contains a big logical problem that our assumptions are based on next to nothing.
    I dunno. I don't remember much complaints about the premise.
    I can only speak for myself but I expected him to finish in June or July, but now it looks like maybe six or more issues extra and no actual announcement that he will leave then.

Personally I suspect Marvel are not keen on the idea of loosing Aaron from Thor. They are probably trying to entice him to stay because leaving represents a risk of an unsuccessful relaunch.
    I would like to think there are probably several writers who want a shot at Thor, but probably not many who can do Aaron numbers aside from Donny Cates.

I would like to think there are probably several writers who want a shot at Thor, but probably not many who can do Aaron numbers aside from Donny Cates.
    Personally I don’t relish a string of 6 to 12 issue runs, which seems par for the course for reboots.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    I think his Avengers run improved by leaps and bounds after the first arc. But everyone's mileage may vary.

For me, it went from "Hmm. It's ok, I'm gonna stick it out" to "OMG, I can't wait for the next issue!"
    Apart from the Vampire war, which I have found rather tedious and pointless, I have enjoyed all of it, but I live for the BC material.

But it is a lot better than No Road Home which I dropped quite quickly.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 04-09-2019 at 11:38 AM.

I dunno. I don't remember much complaints about the premise.
    They were mainly about Aaron making Thor "the God of Hammers" and his continuing obsession with needing a magic weapon rather than just upping his game.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    They were mainly about Aaron making Thor "the God of Hammers" and his continuing obsession with needing a magic weapon rather than just upping his game.
    yep.

the art was also criticized as well.

either way, the most boring and uninteresting run where Thor was the MC.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    And you know, Thor has always been the god of hammers. It’s kind of who he is.