Page 6 of 216 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Oh look, it's a New Avengers reunion .

(Poor Thor ).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    (Poor Thor ).
    this will be his worst event since Avengers vs X-Men.

I've totally written-off any story penned by Aaron; my concern is that I can't imagine him stepping down until he'd lined up a writer he could be sure wouldn't be hitting the reset switch. I would brace yourself for more of the same, well, unless they have nabbed a big-name not buddy-buddy with the Architects, i.e. a Warren Ellis or Grant Morrison type who'll do their own thing regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    I've totally written-off any story penned by Aaron; my concern is that I can't imagine him stepping down until he'd lined up a writer he could be sure wouldn't be hitting the reset switch. I would brace yourself for more of the same, well, unless they have nabbed a big-name not buddy-buddy with the Architects, i.e. a Warren Ellis or Grant Morrison type who'll do their own thing regardless.
    well, he won't write Thor anymore after this.

Yes, reading my post back it wasn't clear what I meant. I know Aaron is stepping down, but I suspect the new writer will be Aaron 2.0, and that we will have Jane back and Thor will be the idiot Aaron version.

Yes, reading my post back it wasn't clear what I meant. I know Aaron is stepping down, but I suspect the new writer will be Aaron 2.0, and that we will have Jane back and Thor will be the idiot Aaron version.
    hopefully not.

Thor needs a writer of a certain caliber, like a Jonothan Hickman. Everything from the Asgardian characterization and mythos feels way too human. Nothing out of those preview pages reads like a "tale of the gods." More like a space family drama.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HaveAtThee View Post
    Thor needs a writer of a certain caliber, like a Jonothan Hickman. Everything from the Asgardian characterization and mythos feels way too human. Nothing out of those preview pages reads like a "tale of the gods." More like a space family drama.
    Absolutely agree

It's little more than a daytime soap opera to me

Amazing Member

HA! That was funny.
    I suppose all the drama does chalk up to be just the timeless struggles of humanity. We've got the power struggle between husband and wife, conflicts between father and son, and the overwhelming feeling of helplessness that all the "gods" are facing...it definitely feels like a bunch of human struggles. If you were gods that have lived for hundreds of thousands of years, you would have thought that they would've worked out these issues by now...
    Then again it is all about the story. Wouldn't be much fun if all the gods were just perfect and omniscient.

I dunno, I think it could go either way.

Like, whether Marvel wants someone on the title who will approach it like Aaron did or just give it to someone who genuinely wants to write Thor and would bring a fresh take, but even in the former situation there's always the chance that we'll get someone who will handle things a fair bit differently then Aaron did.

I have this feeling that Thor's origin will be retconned.
    Last edited by GodThor; 04-05-2019 at 04:22 PM.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    well, he won't write Thor anymore after this.
    Wait, when was this announced?

Hickman on Thor would be my dream, he made me care about the Fantastic Four and he captured the crazy Kirbyness of the First Family

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Wait, when was this announced?
    https://www.cbr.com/marvel-war-of-re...ron-interview/

first question.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    Ah, thank you for the link; totally missed it