Page 61 of 216 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161 ... LastLast

Endgame totally butchered Thor's character and turned him into a joke. What a waste of character growth since Infinity War.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Superfan90 View Post
    Endgame totally butchered Thor's character and turned him into a joke. What a waste of character growth since Infinity War.
    Actually Endgame furthered Thor's character development quite a bit. He has his own emotional journey in the film and is changed during the course of it. It may be my favorite Thor performance by Hemsworth.

I don't fully agree with this but understand the sentiment.

I think they took "the joke" a bit too long/far at certain points but it totally made sense to me, as did his "ending."

I mean, ****, dude has had a ROUGH 10/15 years which is like a couple months to him considering how hold he is. He simply spoilers:
    mentally broke after already being mentally broke in IW. Vengeance only works as a "fix" when you succeed. If you fail, it sends you to an even worse mental state
    end of spoilers

I thought his look at the end of the movie was pure spoilers:
    viking god, God of War type stuff.
    end of spoilers
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Im happy with how Thor turned out, he got a good ending.

Indeed, I really enjoyed Thor in Endgame. I am sure some will be upset, but overall I think the movie fans will love it. Judging by the reaction in my cinema everyone was having a great time with his portrayal. We have to acknowledge that Hemsworth’s performances have steered the character in this direction much like the Iron Man portrayal has been dominated by RDJ’s performance. Hemsworth is turning into a bankable star based on his dry comedic delivery.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

I'm back! Avoided all spoilers and ohhh boy, Thor was amazing in Endgame; but some will be pretty mad.

Thor is Marvels personal laughing mood, be it comics or cinematic version.

it started with Aaron.
    Last edited by GodThor; 04-26-2019 at 10:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Indeed, I really enjoyed Thor in Endgame. I am sure some will be upset, but overall I think the movie fans will love it. Judging by the reaction in my cinema everyone was having a great time with his portrayal. We have to acknowledge that Hemsworth’s performances have steered the character in this direction much like the Iron Man portrayal has been dominated by RDJ’s performance. Hemsworth is turning into a bankable star based on his dry comedic delivery.
    I'm fine with that so long as they stick it to the movies and don't try and alter Thor in other media and the comics too much to match it (well, any more then I guess they already have done in the comics).

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I'm back! Avoided all spoilers and ohhh boy, Thor was amazing in Endgame; but some will be pretty mad.
    It is one of the stand-out performances. His final scene is comic timing personified. Some people will always be mad about something. Most won't.

It is one of the stand-out performances. His final scene is comic timing personified. Some people will always be mad about something. Most won't.
    I'm getting bad Ragnarok vibes .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm getting bad Ragnarok vibes .
    The good Ragnorak humor, not the "throw ball and hit self in face" or "drunk and fall off ramp" slapstick stuff

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    The good Ragnorak humor, not the "throw ball and hit self in face" or "drunk and fall off ramp" slapstick stuff
    I guess I'll just have to see it.

I'm not a fan of super-comedic Thor but I can appreciate when it works in context because Hemsworth sells it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess I'll just have to see it.

I'm not a fan of super-comedic Thor but I can appreciate when it works in context because Hemsworth sells it.
    Like I said, I think it went a little long in spots but Hemsworth sold 90% of it.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Like I said, I think it went a little long in spots but Hemsworth sold 90% of it.
    Clearly a three hour movie about averting an apocalyptic disaster needs some comic relief. There were moments where the Thor scenes just seemed to be there to provide this. But he is just so watchable. They played the Men In Black trailer before the movie and I wanted to watch it despite not really being a big fan of the franchise, just because he was good in it.

Clearly a three hour movie about averting an apocalyptic disaster needs some comic relief. There were moments where the Thor scenes just seemed to be there to provide this. But he is just so watchable. They played the Men In Black trailer before the movie and I wanted to watch it despite not really being a big fan of the franchise, just because he was good in it.
    Felt the movie as awhole was waaaaaaaaaaay more comedic than I expected. In a good way, as I like mcu humor