Page 66 of 216 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116166 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    Just came home from re-watching the movie with my mother who hadn't seen it, she loved the movie, but one of her comments was "I'm so disappointed with Thor, he's supposed to be the god of thunder".

Yesterday I was also chatting with a friend of mine about the movie and she loved it as well, I asked her "who was your favorite Avenger in this movie" and she said "everyone except Hulk and Thor, they did nothing"........
    Whilst I wouldn't say nothing, they were let downs for me too

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Absolutely agree, writers have to walk a fine line between authentic character development and corporate oversight
    I'm sure it's very challenging at times

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    I'm sure it's very challenging at times
    I bet, I'm pretty sure Aaron wasn't expecting his magnum opus War of The Realms to become a giant line wide event; especially, because it's a bi-weekly one.

To me it's so odd for such a short event to derail all the ongoing Marvel books.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Absolutely agree, writers have to walk a fine line between authentic character development and corporate oversight
    "Authentic character development" is the key thing for me when it comes to Thor these days...

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Another thing is Hemsworth next project is the Hulk Hogan biopic and he said in an interview that he will be changing his training style which right now is mostly functional stuff into that of a powerlifter who usually results in some serious muscle mass gains so if he doesn't changes much to play the next Thor, thick Thor could probably look massive in the next Guardian.

https://youtu.be/ToKcVR9KyBo?t=20
    Not really a plus for me. I like my heroes to look agile, not hulking.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Not really a plus for me. I like my heroes to look agile, not hulking.
    This actually shouldn't be bad, I think it's good.

Realistically, Thor should be even bigger looking than Hemsworth.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Everyone I've talked to so far who's seen Endgame - from comic fans to general audience types - have said across the board that Thor was their favorite character in the movie so I'm gonna say the Russo's instincts on this were solid.
    I wont pretend to speak to any kind of consensus, as most of the people I know haven't had a chance to see it yet, but I consider myself a solid Thor fan, I have really enjoyed Hemsworth in the role, especially since Ragnarok, and while a part of me is rubbed wrong by it a much bigger part is quite satisfied with how it played out and what it might be setting up in the future, if the gods are kind.

Honestly I think a big part of my issue with "it" (I'll try to be spoiler free) is that it reminded me so much of the whole Unworthy thing. I think I subconsciously apply my opinions on Unworthy to the film, which is unfair. Trying to look at it objectively, the "joke" doesn't last long. As soon as the team has an objective, Thor largely returns to his old self. Less confident and still shaken by events, he's certainly not fully recovered.....but compare Thor's first scene to his final one; he clearly made tons of progress in a short time. He's still worthy.

It's a fascinating character arc for him and I think the concept feels "right" given everything that happened to him. Ultimately, this is a good thing for the character. I just struggle with that a little because it "tastes" so close to Unworthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    I have no idea how to do the spoiler box, so don't read below if you don't want to know very mild spoilers.
    >
    >
    >

People may not like how Thor was represented in the film (especially women, as all the women in my life were appalled they didn't get to see handsome hero Thor lol) but I did enjoy him, and I feel this was MCU's version of the "unworthy" Thor. Despite his appearance and condition, the strength of character, humour and warmth of Thor's personality still shine through and you cannot help but like him.
    Absolutely true. I think this was Hemsworth's strongest performance in the role, by miles. Great range, solid pathos, relatable motivations. And the best beard he's had yet!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Thor at the end of the movie

spoilers:
    armored up, with the braided beard and long hair, looking thick instead of crossfitter lean, probably symbolizes a viking better than any previous looks

Dude basically kinda looked like blond version of God of War Thor
    end of spoilers
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Thor at the end of the movie

spoilers:
    armored up, with the braided beard and long hair, looking thick instead of crossfitter lean, probably symbolizes a viking better than any previous looks

Dude basically kinda looked like blond version of God of War Thor
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Maybe the Hollywood version of a Viking, but I think the real thing would have been lean - the Vikings were raiders who had to move fast after all. And forget what films like The Thirteenth Warrior tell you about Viking swords being heavy monsters, they were largely one-handed designs that weighed in at well under 3 lbs.
    end of spoilers

Ultimate Member

It probably doesn't help him look impressive when several other characters were made to look so freaking powerful as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    Just came home from re-watching the movie with my mother who hadn't seen it, she loved the movie, but one of her comments was "I'm so disappointed with Thor, he's supposed to be the god of thunder".

Yesterday I was also chatting with a friend of mine about the movie and she loved it as well, I asked her "who was your favorite Avenger in this movie" and she said "everyone except Hulk and Thor, they did nothing"........
    I was mostly fine with hulk and thor but I wish that spoilers:
    Hulk went one on one with Thanos instead of Captain Marvel, her no selling the headbutt was cool, but it really should have been the hulk. I would have liked it if Thor did a little more too.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Hulk went one on one with Thanos instead of Captain Marvel, her no selling the headbutt was cool, but it really should have been the hulk. I would have liked it if Thor did a little more too.
    end of spoilers
    I think they botched Hulk's arc in IW/EG personally.

Screentime wasn't worth the payoff.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member

end of spoilers
    I agree, some response was needed, it felt a let down to me

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I think they botched Hulk's arc in IW/EG personally.

Screentime wasn't worth the payoff.
    I was generally disappointed as well

end of spoilers
    I can agree with this as well. spoilers:
    Hulk had more reason to get back at Thanos, I would have liked to see Banner tap back into being angry. We all know he still can.
    end of spoilers