Page 73 of 216 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123173 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 3234
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    Sif doing that was out of character but it's typical for Aaron's writing.

this Odin is an imposter.

besides, when Thor became unworthy, he was literally drinking himself to death for an entire year, not comic year, but literal real life year.
    I especially thought so of sif even if it was supposed to be her trying to shock him out of himself, it didn't feel like it, very poor imo

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    I especially thought so of sif even if it was supposed to be her trying to shock him out of himself, it didn't feel like it, very poor imo
    she also called Odin an idiot.

how far did Thor lore has fallen LoL.

Astonishing Member

she also called Odin an idiot.

how far did Thor lore has fallen LoL.
    Given the current writing of him I can believe she felt that, of the Norse god of wisdom, but for her to day it and to get away with it

Given the current writing of him I can believe she felt that, of the Norse god of wisdom, but for her to day it and to get away with it
    no one respects Odin.

he should have stayed dead tbh.

why even revive him only for him to act out of character.

his death was done nicely.

Astonishing Member

no one respects Odin.

he should have stayed dead tbh.

why even revive him only for him to act out of character.

his death was done nicely.
    I totally agree, he was sent off well imo and could have been left there

I totally agree, he was sent off well imo and could have been left there
    but hey, like you said, we must have a Space Family Drama.

Thor got at least 3 family members over the last 10 - 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    before aaron's run writers did not know what the realms were supposed to be = the idea of the nine realms was meaningless because there was no consistent idea of what they were supposed to be aside from asgard, hel (which may as well have been its own realm) and sometimes jotunheim (and people didn't know what giants were supposed to be until aaron made frost and storm giants separate races) because no one cared and thor lore has never been consistent and always been sloppy, but this decade we have learned what every single realm looks like, who lives there, and that this is an actual like, world and not "asgard, and stuff outside of asgard"

the response is

before aaron's run writers knew what that thor was a name and mjolnir wasn't sentient = well, the first one isn't true, there was an entire ongoing plot thread in the 90's where odin decided that norvell was thor, and the second is that mjolnir is not real, it is a fictional object, its history and origins can be subject to retcons like everything else, therefore me saying that previous writers not knowing what the realms were is not the same as you saying that aaron didn't know what mjolnir is, that's you just not liking the additions he made to mjolnir's lore, because what mjolnir is isn't forever set in stone, because it's not real

it was a false equivalency
    that was the point
    Yeah, I read a chunk of that; nobody stopped calling Thor, Thor (at least out of ear shot of Odin); and even Red Norvell freely admitted he knew he wasn't actually Thor; the entire thing was framed as Odin being a petty old man, pissed that Thor wouldn't come back and do his job as heir. (Though here's a little interesting continuity, Norvell hammer Crusher, was created by Odin to be Mjolnir's equal.)
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Astonishing Member

Much impressed by the ending of wotr three

Much impressed by the ending of wotr three
    what happened?

BANNED

what happened?
    spoilers:
    the rescue party that came in search of thor found him amidst a pile of dead frost giants in a berserk warriors rage.
    end of spoilers

I wanted to do something creative with Thor as my muse. So I decided to digitally recreate the "Bring me Thanos" scene from Infinity War. I used the 3D model from Marvel Future Fight and the rest was all done using Photoshop.

Looks really good.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    spoilers:
    the rescue party that came in search of thor found him amidst a pile of dead frost giants in a berserk warriors rage.
    end of spoilers
    Thank you

It reminded me of Thor going against the hulk years ago, forget the issue, hulk throws Thor away from a gamma bomb but the fight was a total stalemate

Earlier someone asks Hercules why they didn't stop Thor and he just replied, it was not an option

Why he didn't do this against mangog I can only guess

This one panel in wotr 3 reminded me of how powerful and epic he can be, and should be

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    oh that.

I saw that panel where he lost his arm again and his hammer broke for millionth of time.

is there anything Jane did???

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Sounds better then what I was expecting.