Page 74 of 216 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124174 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 3234
    Extraordinary Member

Considering Mjolnir is destroyed (or at least currently unavailable) and that they do not have enough Uru to make a new one...why not make a hammer out of a different metal like Olympian Adamantine??

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Considering Mjolnir is destroyed (or at least currently unavailable) and that they do not have enough Uru to make a new one...why not make a hammer out of a different metal like Olympian Adamantine??
    is this what this line of writing was supposed to bring us? thor with a lame hammer made of metal borrowed from the greek pantheon ? soooo exciting!
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    is this what this line of writing was supposed to bring us? thor with a lame hammer made of metal borrowed from the greek pantheon ? soooo exciting!
    they might as well go and live with them.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    they might as well go and live with them.
    can you imagine what (if anithing) will be left of the Thor franchise if we keep going this way for another 5 years?
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

can you imagine what (if anithing) will be left of the Thor franchise if we keep going this way for another 5 years?
    I don't wan't to imagine that, thank you very much.

I won't read it until some reboot happens.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    I don't wan't to imagine that, thank you very much.

I won't read it until some reboot happens.
    I imagine very soon we will see the restoration of Asgard.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I imagine very soon we will see the restoration of Asgard.
    I want to see Thor back with his arm and Mjolnir. Don't worry, it will happen, if not Jason Aaron then the next writer or one down the line will for sure. Or we could get thick Thor for a couple years if they want to copy the MCU which is possible.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    Thank you

It reminded me of Thor going against the hulk years ago, forget the issue, hulk throws Thor away from a gamma bomb but the fight was a total stalemate

Earlier someone asks Hercules why they didn't stop Thor and he just replied, it was not an option

Why he didn't do this against mangog I can only guess

This one panel in wotr 3 reminded me of how powerful and epic he can be, and should be
    I sort of figured that he didn't go into a rage with Mangog because he was too focused on Jane and losing her to lose control completely. He's gone into a rage here because there's no one stopping him.

art by Leandromatos

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    art by Leandromatos
    two characters butchered because Jane.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    Thank you
    Earlier someone asks Hercules why they didn't stop Thor and he just replied, it was not an option
    I remember this. This was after Herc was depowered - he was at like half his strength....half powered Herc had no hope...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by soxtalon View Post
    I remember this. This was after Herc was depowered - he was at like half his strength....half powered Herc had no hope...
    Yeah I recall, i quite liked his costume in that period

I liked Thor. I like seeing heroes broken down. Makes the relatable to me. I have no problem with this Thor going forward. Thoroughly enjoyed it. It’s a shame that other characters don’t have more realistic responses to trauma.

Quote Originally Posted by Stick Figure View Post
    I liked Thor. I like seeing heroes broken down. Makes the relatable to me. I have no problem with this Thor going forward. Thoroughly enjoyed it. It’s a shame that other characters don’t have more realistic responses to trauma.
    what's realistic about it? and are talking comics or movies?

Extraordinary Member

what's realistic about it? and are talking comics or movies?
    In the case of both the comics and movies, alcoholism is a way many, many people deal with trauma. Thor in the comics doesn't suffer the same sort of trauma movie Thor does.