Page 77 of 216 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127177 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 3234

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Am I the only one who liked Wolverine and the X-Men? Sure, it wasn't very consequential, but it was a cute book.
    I liked it, especially when Chris Bachalo did the artwork.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I was actually big into Aaron's Thor during the Marvel Now era. Didn't care as much for his Wolverine and the X-Men.

I think there are different levels of trust depending on the reader.

Like, you trust Aaron more because you enjoy his stories, writing style, and approach to the mythos, but those who aren't would be less inclined to have faith in his handling of Thor.
    But those things are related. When one reads a really fascinating and well written story and then the story takes an abrupt turn in a new direction, there is a choice. Trust that the writer has a plan and look for details that might suggest what that plan is, or loose trust and assume the writer has somehow changed their approach.

This is precisely what I saw happen when Jane stepped up. Some just railed against it instinctively while those of us that had trust were trying to point out it was still the same story under the same writer, with the same goals and attitudes. With trust the question becomes ‘how is this new story a continuation, where are the common themes and the ongoing elements?’ without it the question becomes ‘why did this writer abandon me’. Luckily many did the former but those who didn’t showed many signs that they don’t trust the direction taken. There is still apparent deep suspicion.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 05-09-2019 at 12:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Am I the only one who liked Wolverine and the X-Men? Sure, it wasn't very consequential, but it was a cute book.
    It was one of those books that always ended up at the top of my reading pile. At first I thought it was just because it was light relief, but I began to realise it was deeper than it looked and that it was using characters in interesting ways, especially Morrison’s characters. Nothing demonstrates how well it was crafted more than how the story utterly disintegrated under a new writer.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    Accounting for recent goings on, I can't help but think "Squadron Supreme" when I see that.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    You're telling me, if this happens I will lose my ****. Imagine if they brought back Coipel for a single issue *swoon*

I doubt he returns to Thor. Plus I would not want Ed McGuiness drawing a Thor book.

BANNED

Talking Happy Thor's Day!

Thor #164 May 1969
    "Lest Mankind Fall!"
    Trapped in an apocalyptic future with Pluto, God of Death, Sif and Thor find themselves in dire need of back-up;

Back on Asgard, Balder continues to struggle with stray thoughts of Karnilla, the Norn Queen;

In true god-like fashion, Zeus makes his sweeping entrance;

Is the King of the Gods here to support the Asgardians, or Pluto?

Script by Stan Lee, pencils by Jack Kirby, inks by Vince Colletta

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

So I'm currently reading Simonson's run and knowing that I skipped so much stuff and I have no idea why some things are the way they are (Thor changing into a mortal, Sif no longer engaged to Thor or who most characters are) I'm currently enjoying it. Bill is awesome and Sif is badass. I'm rooting for these two.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    So I'm currently reading Simonson's run and knowing that I skipped so much stuff and I have no idea why some things are the way they are (Thor changing into a mortal, Sif no longer engaged to Thor or who most characters are) I'm currently enjoying it. Bill is awesome and Sif is badass. I'm rooting for these two.

BANNED

Talking Happy Mother's Day!

Gaea, Thor's biological mother..

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HaveAtThee View Post
    I doubt he returns to Thor. Plus I would not want Ed McGuiness drawing a Thor book.
    I agree, not a fan myself but that aside I really don't think his style would fit

I think McGuinnes *could* be a good fit.....with the right inker, approach, and the right story.

He does huge, god-like physical builds, he's great with crazy technology and spaceships......if he adjusted his style a little and had the right art people behind him (inkers and colorists) I could totally see McG working for a "MCU/Ragnarok" style story; bombastic and science fantasy and loud. But if you wanna do something a little closer to the Norse source myth, more "Tolkien" than "Kirby" and yeah he wouldn't be the best choice.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    I agree, not a fan myself but that aside I really don't think his style would fit
    I still like the artwork of McGuinness (especially during his time on Superman for DC), but I would have to agree with you about his style not being a fit. So, I would like to nominate Jose Ladronn as Thor's new artist. I would love to see him make a comeback, and Thor could benefit from his Kirby-like artwork.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 05-12-2019 at 10:28 PM. Reason: Added a few words.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I still like the artwork of McGuinness (especially during his time on Superman for DC), but I would have to agree with you about his style not being a fit. So, I would like to nominate Jose Ladronn as Thor's new artist. I would love to see him make a comeback, and Thor could benefit from his Kirby-like artwork.
    Yep, I'd be very happy with that