Page 79 of 216 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389129179 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 3234

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Likes a character and uses him well, are two different things.

Because honestly, I've seen too many Atheist/religious strawmen in Aaron's Thor to ever believes he appreciates the God of Thunder as a God, let alone character.
    Illuminated comics said on his blog that Gorr was the superpowered version of a teenaged edgelord Atheist who spends too much time on Reddit, that Thor knew plenty of other gods who were worthy and noble besides himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Illuminated comics said on his blog that Gorr was the superpowered version of a teenaged edgelord Atheist who spends too much time on Reddit, that Thor knew plenty of other gods who were worthy and noble besides himself.
    Sometimes the means of attack is unwitting deflection isn't it. I mean that sentence also sounds like someone that has spent too much time on social media if ever I heard one. They also apparently don’t understand the story.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 05-14-2019 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Sometimes the means of attack is unwitting deflection isn't it. I mean that sentence also sounds like someone that has spent too much time on social media if ever I heard one. They also apparently don’t understand the story.
    Aarons themes/depictions can be so inconsistent that you could probably make a believable case either way .

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Aarons themes/depictions can be so inconsistent that you could probably make a believable case either way .
    I would disagree with inconstant. His tone is subtle with Thor before War of the Realms, but he does very much present Thor as an strawman for Atheist arguments on a regular basis. Thor's continued unworthiness is the best example, but not only.

And God damn does he ever miss an opportunity to dump on Gods during War of the Realms?

I'm not too passionate about Thor, but I find myself loving his scene in Endgame more, where Thor learns that he is still worthy, despite his failure to kill Thanos.

When Aaron's run is finished, if there's one thing that will mar it, it's his continued depiction as treating someone's worth with depression as their actual worth.

The more I think about it the more I really like Endgame's approach to Thor and their spin on "unworthy." I even find myself hoping that he stays chunky. Perhaps not quite as overweight as in Endgame but still heavy. Kinda-sorta like Aaron's "War Thor" Volstagg.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I would disagree with inconstant. His tone is subtle with Thor before War of the Realms, but he does very much present Thor as an strawman for Atheist arguments on a regular basis. Thor's continued unworthiness is the best example, but not only.

And God damn does he ever miss an opportunity to dump on Gods during War of the Realms?

I'm not too passionate about Thor, but I find myself loving his scene in Endgame more, where Thor learns that he is still worthy, despite his failure to kill Thanos.

When Aaron's run is finished, if there's one thing that will mar it, it's his continued depiction as treating someone's worth with depression as their actual worth.
    I dunno. I think he definitely looks at it with an atheist or agnostic bent which is why the gods are so flawed and generally useless except for a few exceptions, but he can't seem to make up his mind whether they're worth keeping around or do any good aside from a few unique cases (some of them only technically gods) and sometimes even that isn't enough because they're not doing as much as they could.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    The more I think about it the more I really like Endgame's approach to Thor and their spin on "unworthy." I even find myself hoping that he stays chunky. Perhaps not quite as overweight as in Endgame but still heavy. Kinda-sorta like Aaron's "War Thor" Volstagg.
    Is that how the Warriors Three will be "remembered" ?

Man, I hated that moment in Ragnarok.

Is that how the Warriors Three will be "remembered" ?

Man, I hated that moment in Ragnarok.
    Agreed. As much as I enjoy Ragnarok, the way they got rid of.....basically everything......was pretty awful.

Hey, speaking of the War Thor.....where's that hammer at now? I don't remember who has it/where it's stashed. Seems like the WotR might be a good time to hand that thing over to someone and point them at some elves.....
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Agreed. As much as I enjoy Ragnarok, the way they got rid of.....basically everything......was pretty awful.
    I enjoy Ragarnok as a Superhero comedy film but not really as a Thor film.

I mean, not only did they just get rid of anything with very little fanfare or care (and even when it did seem like somebody cared they usually had to throw in a punchline), but Thor basically became Hercules, Executioner wasn't really Executioner up until they recreated his most famous comic moment, and Loki got turned into a comedy relief character.

I don't blame anyone for enjoying that, but it's really not what I look for when it comes to Thor.

Ultimate Member

I dunno. I think he definitely looks at it with an atheist or agnostic bent which is why the gods are so flawed and generally useless except for a few exceptions, but he can't seem to make up his mind whether they're worth keeping around or do any good aside from a few unique cases (some of them only technically gods) and sometimes even that isn't enough because they're not doing as much as they could.
    He's consistent in that Gods suck

He's consistent in that Gods suck
    Except when they're humans .

BANNED

He doesn't hate Thor, but he simply does not get the character and his supporting cast nor does he approach godly characters as they should, I mean, ffs what's the excuse for him having Hela crying like a teenage girl because Thanos dumped her......

Hey, speaking of the War Thor.....where's that hammer at now? I don't remember who has it/where it's stashed. Seems like the WotR might be a good time to hand that thing over to someone and point them at some elves.....
    If I am remembering it right Mangog destroyed it.

Aaron is just trollin gwith Odin now lolol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Aaron is just trollin gwith Odin now lolol
    what did he do now???

Not the way I read them. His themes have remained very clear and unchanged from my perspective. What does it mean to be a god and specifically Thor. Just about every plot and subplot has addressed this in some way or other. Just about every antagonist and secondary character has served the exploration of this.