Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 3234

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    what did he do now???
    spoilers:
    Iron Man Odin
    end of spoilers

hahahahahahahaha
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    spoilers:
    Iron Man Odin
    end of spoilers

hahahahahahahaha
    LMAO garbage

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Not the way I read them. His themes have remained very clear and unchanged from my perspective. What does it mean to be a god and specifically Thor. Just about every plot and subplot has addressed this in some way or other. Just about every antagonist and secondary character has served the exploration of this.
    Yeah, but not really consistently in my opinion. The message always seems mixed or different depending on the issue.
    spoilers:
    Iron Man Odin
    end of spoilers

hahahahahahahaha
    This is the level of ridiculousness and goofiness that I have come to expect from Aaron...

Amazing Member

I actually kind of liked this issue. The dialogue was complete trash but other than that, I thought it tied up some loose ends

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This is the level of ridiculousness and goofiness that I have come to expect from Aaron...
    I mean, I actually like Aarons run and Aaron in general except for his Odin, which I don't care for at all.

But I saw that and immediately giggled at the ludicrousness of it lol

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Amazing Member

I mean, I actually like Aarons run and Aaron in general except for his Odin, which I don't care for at all.

I mean the same effect could've been achieved
    spoilers:
    had Odin decided to take the Destroyer instead
    end of spoilers
    except it would have made a lot more sense

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

I didn't think this (event...) would get so stupid so fast.

Amazing Member

Also I have a question

spoilers:
    Assuming that Freya and Odin died in this issue, which I'm relatively sure that they did
    end of spoilers

Then what the heck is Cul supposed to be doing in the next thor issue?

Isn't that the point. This is glorious and silly, just like good event comics should be. I laughed too for much the same reason. But I loved every gorgeous page.

Quote Originally Posted by marge_23 View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Except then we don't get the last page reveal. And besides, ignoring possible continuity problems with Asgardians of the Galaxy, which could probably be explained away, it was ripped apart. Hence the last page reveal.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 05-15-2019 at 11:31 AM.

Isn't that the point. This is glorious and silly, just like good event comics should be. I laughed too for much the same reason. But I loved every gorgeous page.
    Aaron's Odin is a lost cause for me anyway so, might as well get stupid with it.

Well if you want to believe that a guy that has Thor tattoos and clearly has enough passion to negotiate extra time to finish his story satisfactorily ‘hates’ the characters he is working on then go ahead. However this is purely founded on personal taste and unnecessarily attacks the writer for doing his job. It would just be more polite to say ‘he sees these characters differently to me’.
    Who's attacking the writer? Popular or not I gave my honest opinion. It's funny to think some big budget movies and their directors can receive scathing denunciations for the final product but comic writers are somehow above criticism? How strange.

Rather than assume I'm attacking a writer and taking the time out to point it out to me why not just do what most do who disagree and ignore it. My opinion may not be a popular one but it's my honest appraisal.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by marge_23 View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Doesn't Odin have some kind of more regal and important armor? I might be thinking of something else.
    end of spoilers
    I dunno if that's "just like good event comics should be." I guess it depends on your standards or expectations.

BANNED

freja and Odin talking like they are in heat in battle seems to be bordering on Viking fan fic. also is Odin so much of a disappointment as a man that he couldn't satisfy his wife till now?!!! kidding aside the iron all father panel was ludicrous and priceless unlike the more huge final armour worn by a certain dark crusader in this week's issue.(seriously how many armour's is every writer going to make him wear?)

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    Who's attacking the writer? Popular or not I gave my honest opinion. It's funny to think some big budget movies and their directors can receive scathing denunciations for the final product but comic writers are somehow above criticism? How strange.

Rather than assume I'm attacking a writer and taking the time out to point it out to me why not just do what most do who disagree and ignore it. My opinion may not be a popular one but it's my honest appraisal.
    You didn’t just state an opinion, you said ‘It’s like he hates the character’ It is nothing like that in my opinion.

As to the rhetoric. How is it different to me walking up to someone wearing a Thor t-shirt, who loves Roy Thomas’ Thor and saying ‘well it’s like you are not a Thor fan’? I would expect to be punched in the face.

Is it purely because he happens to work for Marvel that the rhetoric is somehow ok?
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 05-15-2019 at 03:04 PM.