Page 81 of 216 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131181 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 3234
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    freja and Odin talking like they are in heat in battle seems to be bordering on Viking fan fic. also is Odin so much of a disappointment as a man that he couldn't satisfy his wife till now?!!! kidding aside the iron all father panel was ludicrous and priceless unlike the more huge final armour worn by a certain dark crusader in this week's issue.(seriously how many armour's is every writer going to make him wear?)
    Now that ladies and gentlemen is how you roast Odin...

freja and Odin talking like they are in heat in battle seems to be bordering on Viking fan fic. also is Odin so much of a disappointment as a man that he couldn't satisfy his wife till now?!!! kidding aside the iron all father panel was ludicrous and priceless unlike the more huge final armour worn by a certain dark crusader in this week's issue.(seriously how many armour's is every writer going to make him wear?)
    I know you have your tongue in your cheek, but you presumably realise that Freyja wasn’t saying he couldn’t satisfy her before? It was a comment about it being a novelty that she was aroused by his words. In other words he doesn’t usually say romantic things. Like many of these things it was deliberately humorous so we are not supposed to take it too literally.

It is certainly true that seeing them clumsily flirt is a little cringeworthy. But it’s a bit like when ones parents flirt.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

It's crazy to think how much the Thor direction has changed between the God-Butcher to now; the former was deadly serious while the latter is pure bubble gum cosmic fun.
    Under Aaron's pen there is something for everyone.

I wonder if that Odin reveal has something to do with the Avengers FCBD future storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    It's crazy to think how much the Thor direction has changed between the God-Butcher to now; the former was deadly serious while the latter is pure bubble gum cosmic fun.
    Under Aaron's pen there is something for everyone.

I wonder if that Odin reveal has something to do with the Avengers FCBD future storyline.
    Did you think space sharks and Granddaughters were any less bubble gum fun?

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Did you think space sharks and Granddaughters were any less bubble gum fun?
    LOL, touche.

I meant in regards to Ribic's art to the scope and the all encompassing dread throughout the storyline. I mean you had young Thor terrified as to what he was seeing when he first encountered Gorr

Yeah, I really didn't care for the dialogue and characterization of the Odin/Freyja thing (I'm not even going to touch on Odin's situation), it just felt too over-the-top and reeked of Aaron's issues with writing Asgardian dialogue and I'm not really invested at all in their relationship at this point.

LOL, touche.

I meant in regards to Ribic's art to the scope and the all encompassing dread throughout the storyline. I mean you had young Thor terrified as to what he was seeing when he first encountered Gorr
    I think you make a more solid point about the art. I would just point out that if Dauterman drew God of Thunder it wouldn’t have the same tone. Aaron did write for the artist to some extent, but I see a similarity of approach.

I do think this event is deliberately lighter in tone than the current Thor books. There are many more jokes, the scope is more fitting for casual readers and fans not necessarily following the other books he has been writing. I imagine this is why Aaron wants to finish his run after the event is over rather than wrap it up here. He would presumably want the ending to be less high energy and crazy.

I do think this event is deliberately lighter in tone than the current Thor books. There are many more jokes, the scope is more fitting for casual readers and fans not necessarily following the other books he has been writing. I imagine this is why Aaron wants to finish his run after the event is over rather than wrap it up here. He would presumably want the ending to be less high energy and crazy.
    Sounds like an MCU movie .

I think you make a more solid point about the art. I would just point out that if Dauterman drew God of Thunder it wouldn’t have the same tone. Aaron did write for the artist to some extent, but I see a similarity of approach.

I concur, I can imagine the final issues of his Thor run will be his coda on Thor and Norse myth in the Marvel Universe. I have to imagine it will dovetail back to Fury's whisper and a God's worthiness and truly address it (hopefully).

I concur, I can imagine the final issues of his Thor run will be his coda on Thor and Norse myth in the Marvel Universe. I have to imagine it will dovetail back to Fury's whisper and a God's worthiness and truly address it (hopefully).
    Probably the most positive note his run could end on at this point.

(And then we can finally move on ).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Probably the most positive note his run could end on at this point.

(And then we can finally move on ).
    Seriously, I will be so disappointed if he doesn't address it.
    Last edited by charliehustle415; 05-15-2019 at 05:04 PM.

You didn’t just state an opinion, you said ‘It’s like he hates the character’ It is nothing like that in my opinion.

As to the rhetoric. How is it different to me walking up to someone wearing a Thor t-shirt, who loves Roy Thomas’ Thor and saying ‘well it’s like you are not a Thor fan’? I would expect to be punched in the face.

Is it purely because he happens to work for Marvel that the rhetoric is somehow ok?
    The "rhetoric" is okay because it's an opinion. Just as you clearly state about your statement quoted above...another opinion. You seem to have an emotionally vested interest in defending Jason Aaron as a writer. Congratulations. Everyone here is utterly thrilled for you. I happen to be one of those that dont care for his writing. Sorry this is troublesome to you. I'm sure he's a fine human being and Marvel seems to think he's doing just fine. Beautiful.

Doesn't change my opinion of his rendition of Thor. I dont like it.

EDIT- had to double check to see if I wandered into the "Jason Aaron" appreciation thread.

Nope. Definitely the God of Thunder appreciation thread.
    Last edited by Cronus; 05-15-2019 at 05:32 PM.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    The "rhetoric" is okay because it's an opinion. Just as you clearly state about your statement quoted above...another opinion. You seem to have an emotionally vested interest in defending Jason Aaron as a writer. Congratulations. Everyone here is utterly thrilled for you. I happen to be one of those that dont care for his writing. Sorry this is troublesome to you. I'm sure he's a fine human being and Marvel seems to think he's doing just fine. Beautiful.

Doesn't change my opinion of his rendition of Thor. I dont like it.

EDIT- had to double check to see if I wandered into the "Jason Aaron" appreciation thread.

Nope. Definitely the God of Thunder appreciation thread.
    That's the feeling I have when I enter here sometimes.

BANNED

I want to rip my eyes out.

Screenshot (464).jpg
    Screenshot (465).jpg

Get out of there Jane, the least experienced "warrior" leading actual seasoned warriors and excellent leaders, she really is Aaron's pet character, wish fulfilment smh.
    And what's up with Odin using an armor made by Stark in order to be useful ? He just keeps confirming it, Aaron is a freaking cancer to all things Asgard.
    Last edited by Wall-Crawler; 05-15-2019 at 06:58 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    That's the feeling I have when I enter here sometimes.
    I don't know why though, it's just the one dude always defending Aaron against a dozen who point out his flaws in the way he approaches Thor and all related characters, it actually makes me feel calm that the majority sees these flaws and eagerly awaits for a new writer to take over Thor.
    Last edited by Wall-Crawler; 05-15-2019 at 07:58 PM.