Page 93 of 216 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143193 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 3234

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    A 'twelve labours of Thor' arc where he goes out and tries to find himself as a hero again, sans Mjolnir, could have been intriguing.
    "Trials of Lion-O" .

BANNED

That's the sad part, the concept itself of Thor being unworthy and trying to find that worthiness again is excellent, so much potential for not only great, but amazing stories. Hell, like someone mentioned the "Twelve Labors of Thor", they could have done a mini-series inspired in "All-Star Superman" and apply that to Thor, such an idea, written by J. Michael Strazcynski, could very well rival "All-Star Superman", I'm sure.

Sadly, we got one of the worst Thors in history who constantly gets outshined in his own turf by a nurse.
    Last edited by Wall-Crawler; 06-04-2019 at 06:09 PM.

Ultimate Member

A 'twelve labours of Thor' arc where he goes out and tries to find himself as a hero again, sans Mjolnir, could have been intriguing.
    Eh, he' already Herc Thor under Aaron, we don't need more of it

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    this does seem like the obvious route the storyline should have taken but it was not to be as Aaron had to write a thor wallowing in the dregs as being the only way for thor to deal with his unworthiness. Hell he could have been shown to be taking epic quests to rediscover his worthiness or just be touring the nine worlds saving people whenever he can to assuage his feelings of being not worthy but Aaron was more interested in writing as a broken character who has lost faith both in himself and the whole universal Pantheons of God's.
    Gotta say, you're doing a great job of making Aaron's take sound like the more interesting and compelling of the two options there.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    WAR OF THE REALMS #5's Last Page Will 'Put a Big Smile on the Faces of A Lot of THOR Fans' Says EDITOR

Nrama: You read my mind. Lastly, any teases you can give fans to what's to come? I know you can only say so much....

Moss: I'll just say this: I think the last page of War of the Realms #5 is going to put a big smile on the faces of a lot of Thor fans - just in time for Jason, Russell and Matt to melt those faces off with the craziest final battle you've ever seen in War of the Realms #6!!!

https://www.newsarama.com/45441-war-...ys-editor.html

I gotta say they have my attention now.
    Prepare for another destruction.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Gotta say, you're doing a great job of making Aaron's take sound like the more interesting and compelling of the two options there.
    Glad you like it.

BANNED

yes he could have learnt about a god who regains his divine mantle after he had fallen from heavens grace through the Lord librarian who could have guided him onto each quest and what he must achieve in each quest. he could have approached Hercules and other heroic gods seeking their help on occasion in his quests rendering it a modern reinterpretation of the classic labour's. ultimately it could have ended in the limbo of God's where forgotten/dead gods without worshipers were disposed after their powers faded. There he could have encountered gorr who has become the very thing he loathes most and could have faced his
    accuser and refuted every word of the unseens proclamation by engaging in a final quest to fight for rescuing the sad twisted mockery from himself and gaining final divine insight after he achieved this but alas it wasn't to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess the question is "which Thor fans?"

Ordinarily I would assume it's Jane becoming Thor again or getting Mjolnir back, and it doesn't sound like Thor gets Mjolnir back in the post-WoTR issues, so I'm not sure what would make fans happy.

Thor, Odin, and family having a goofy family moment?
    LMAO he actually did.

Aaron did it again.

props to you man.

I checked WotR #6 because, I won't lie, it peeked my interest to see that awesome end for Thor fans and I immediately regret reading it.

it was just another BS by Aaron.
    Last edited by GodThor; 06-05-2019 at 06:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    WAR OF THE REALMS #5's Last Page Will 'Put a Big Smile on the Faces of A Lot of THOR Fans' Says EDITOR

Nrama: You read my mind. Lastly, any teases you can give fans to what's to come? I know you can only say so much....

Moss: I'll just say this: I think the last page of War of the Realms #5 is going to put a big smile on the faces of a lot of Thor fans - just in time for Jason, Russell and Matt to melt those faces off with the craziest final battle you've ever seen in War of the Realms #6!!!

https://www.newsarama.com/45441-war-...ys-editor.html

I gotta say they have my attention now.
    Oh so many fans will be smiling. Sadly not many here. Never mind I will have to smile for them. Teasing aside there should be some single splash pages that would put a smile on most Thor fans faces. And the original sin analogy seems to be slowly coming to fruition too.

And the smiling moment has been expected for months, many here have already moaned about its inevitability, so lets not all pretend to be shocked and outraged.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 06-05-2019 at 08:50 AM.

Not many will pretend to be shocked, as we have been predicting this outcome for ages and have been proven correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Not many will pretend to be shocked, as we have been predicting this outcome for ages and have been proven correct.
    Its not really the most important thing in the book. It's just the last page splash. The most important part is two pages previous. That's what I was hinting at for a while now when I would say that the gods being unworthy was an analogy to original sin. See my post over on the event thread.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 06-05-2019 at 09:25 AM.

I'm shocked that I am shocked.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    I'm shocked that I am shocked.
    spoilers:
    You probably don't go from being a mortal to being Valkyrie in one easy move, even if you are nominally All-Mother. She needs her heroic death scene. She needs to die in battle and she needs to be armed. She can't really do that in a silk scarf and a 'Straight out of Chemo' T-Shirt.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    spoilers:
    You probably don't go from being a mortal to being Valkyrie in one easy move, even if you are nominally All-Mother. She needs her heroic death scene. She needs to die in battle and she needs to be armed. She can't really do that in a silk scarf and a 'Straight out of Chemo' T-Shirt.
    end of spoilers
    oh she had one... well, I don't consider it heroic but from a narrative standpoint, I'll say she had but ofc Aaron can't help himself so he had to bring her back.

the story got even worse after that.