Page 94 of 216 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104144194 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 3234

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    oh she had one... well, I don't consider it heroic but from a narrative standpoint, I'll say she had but ofc Aaron can't help himself so he had to bring her back.

the story got even worse after that.
    spoilers:
    All those letter pages about people going through chemo might just possibly have swayed Aaron from that path. It was either she stayed Thor and died heroically, or she gave up being Thor, got better, then became Thor again and died. The second option is less depressing for someone going through chemo with a comicbook role-model.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    spoilers:
    All those letter pages about people going through chemo might just possibly have swayed Aaron from that path. It was either she stayed Thor and died heroically, or she gave up being Thor, got better, then became Thor again and died. The second option is less depressing for someone going through chemo with a comicbook role-model.
    end of spoilers
    the second one is better without becoming Thor again.
    Last edited by GodThor; 06-05-2019 at 10:49 AM.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

LOL. Really, JA? What a lame "last panel".

BANNED

Man, this War of the Realms issue was so good........up until the last page which ruined it all, I can already see Jane being the hero of this event and once more eclipsing the real Thor.

So...not surprised, but with Jane getting her own Valkyrie book and Aaron leaving I am really ready for a Thor book that does not have to cater to Jane Foster.
    Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    spoilers:
    You probably don't go from being a mortal to being Valkyrie in one easy move, even if you are nominally All-Mother. She needs her heroic death scene. She needs to die in battle and she needs to be armed. She can't really do that in a silk scarf and a 'Straight out of Chemo' T-Shirt.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    The latter seems more true to the character of Jane Foster, to be honest.

And, I mean, if she needed a heroic death scene then they just should've stuck with her death at the end of last volume and been done with it.
    end of spoilers

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Hopefully the last page from #6 will amaze me. If #5 had ended two pages before, It would be enough to, so far, get me satisfied.

And lol at Roz and Jane beating the Minotaur who gave Thor trouble...

Jane saying Asgard is hers...

Cringe over 9000.

I don't know why I even got back to read this chapter.

Time to go back to not reading anything Aaron related.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So...not surprised, but with Jane getting her own Valkyrie book and Aaron leaving I am really ready for a Thor book that does not have to cater to Jane Foster.

spoilers:
    The latter seems more true to the character of Jane Foster, to be honest.

And, I mean, if she needed a heroic death scene then they just should've stuck with her death at the end of last volume and been done with it.
    end of spoilers
    Reconstructing the background shenanigans at Marvel now we see the story more clearly, the shift back to Thor Odinson was probably not the original plan. When Legacy came along the directive to all of the writers and editors was to sharpen the stories. Make the main theme more apparent. Let everyone know what your story is about. For Thor this necessitated Jane’s story coming to a head early. So Aaron’s solution seems to have been what we ended up with.

Legacy was always a stupid idea. I am convinced it came from the board and that Alonso had nothing to do with it. I wouldn’t be surprised if Alonso actually quit over it.

Aaron admitted in an interview that he would have continued the Jane as Thor story for longer. When I heard this I knew for certain that his new plan would be to bring Jane back in some capacity at the end of his run. This isn’t ‘catering to Jane’ this was always his story. Jane is and always has been a vital element of his plan. The ending of the War of the Realms needs her because she is the person who responded to it in the first place. It is her war.

Not having her return as Thor would be like Frodo being killed by Shelob and Sam carrying the ring to Mount Doom. It would be a broken story.

The essential fact is, complaining about her now is actually the same complaint as her ever becoming Thor. If you didn’t like that story then... this is that story. It always was that story.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 06-06-2019 at 01:10 AM.

BANNED

Talking Happy Thor's Day!

Journey into Mystery #105 Jun 1964
    "The Cobra and Mr. Hyde!"
    The Cobra meets Mister Hyde

and they join forces to defeat Thor;
    They track Thor to Dr. Blake's office, and demand that Blake help them find Thor;

Blake becomes Thor while their backs are turned and fights the two villains

until they manage to take his hammer from him.

Script by Stan Lee, pencils by Jack Kirby, inks by Chic Stone

BANNED

"Tales of Asgard" back-up:
    "When Heimdall Failed!"

In hope of attacking Asgard,

King Brimer and Queen Nedra

send a Vanna to pass by Heimdall

and spy on them.

Script by Stan Lee, pencils by Jack Kirby, inks by George Roussos (as "George Bell")

Amazing Member

And lol at Roz and Jane beating the Minotaur who gave Thor trouble...

Jane saying Asgard is hers...

Cringe over 9000.

I don't know why I even got back to read this chapter.

Time to go back to not reading anything Aaron related.
    jesus, when jane "aaron's pet" foster said asgard is mine... gouge out my eyes please, holy fck -_-

and ya, of course roz and jane can handle anything Thor can't~

then jane going to solve the problem thor's gone into a sun to try and do so, jane has the knowledge, wisdom and power of being... JANE FOSTER! so of course she will solve it. watch her end this war as well~

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    thank god, soon we shall be free~

Quote Originally Posted by voidox View Post
    jesus, when jane "aaron's pet" foster said asgard is mine... gouge out my eyes please, holy fck -_-

and ya, of course roz and jane can handle anything Thor can't~

then jane going to solve the problem thor's gone into a sun to try and do so, jane has the knowledge, wisdom and power of being... JANE FOSTER! so of course she will solve it. watch her end this war as well~
    I mean, you know how terrible of a character (as a person) she has been during Lee and Kirby days???

good God...

thank god, soon we shall be free~
    hardly.

all Valkyries got slaughtered just so that she can be the best Valkyrie there is.

is there another major power left she can take from Thor's mythos???

Amazing Member

all Valkyries got slaughtered just so that she can be the best Valkyrie there is.
    true... I'm so fcking angry at the way aaron just tossed away Brunnhilde and I am not looking forward to how she's going to be the "best valkyrie there ever was and will be"... but at least Jane will no longer be forced into the main thor book as aaron is going to be off writing there soon.

is there another major power left she can take from Thor's mythos???
    odinforce next

Quote Originally Posted by voidox View Post
    true... I'm so fcking angry at the way aaron just tossed away Brunnhilde and I am not looking forward to how she's going to be the "best valkyrie there ever was and will be"... but at least Jane will no longer be forced into the main thor book as aaron is going to be off writing there soon.
    as soon as Valkyrie book was announced, I immediately knew it will be Jane.

odinforce next
    true but I meant more in a place of power rather than raw power.

Thor, All-Mother, Valkyrie what's next???

Cosmic Entity???

Amazing Member

true but I meant more in a place of power rather than raw power.

Thor, All-Mother, Valkyrie what's next???

Cosmic Entity???
    after she gets the odinforce, she'll be the all-father, then she'll work her way through the cosmic entities... grab the phoenix force while she gets some beyonder and celestial powers... all until aaron has her as the OOA.