Page 99 of 154 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109149 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 2298
  1. #1471
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't see Millar writing for the Big Two ever again if he can help it (not that I'd really want him on Thor to be honest).

    Cates is a Thor fan so if he has the time/opportunity I can see him wanting it.

    Although I hear he writes a weird Beta Ray Bill.
    Millar: Civil War needs the Big 3 in it, we gotta have Thor!

    Editor: So like, bring him back after Disassembled?

    Millar: Nah, Tony clones him, and kills one of Cap's guys.

    Editor: So your plan is for Tony to create a slave clone of Thor, violating the trust of his oldest friend and countless real world and science fiction, that he then loses control of, making him responsible for the death of a fellow hero. And during this, we really don't have the Trinity back during Civil War, just a robot that looks like Thor.

    Millar: Yup!

  2. #1472
    Astonishing Member Jekyll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    2,812

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't see Millar writing for the Big Two ever again if he can help it (not that I'd really want him on Thor to be honest).

    Cates is a Thor fan so if he has the time/opportunity I can see him wanting it.

    Although I hear he writes a weird Beta Ray Bill.
    I love his beta ray bill, but I never read the original bill.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), The Atom (Ray Palmer) , Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), Iron Fist, Doctor Strange, Ant-Man (Scott Lang), & Iron Man.

    Current Pulls: Daredevil, Amazing Spider-Man, Venom, Immortal Hulk, Shazam,Guardians of The Galaxy, Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man, & Spider-Man Life Story.

  3. #1473
    Man or Monster? Immortal Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    701

    Default

    I'm 99% sure Cates will be the next writer, and it will be great.

  4. #1474
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't see Millar writing for the Big Two ever again if he can help it (not that I'd really want him on Thor to be honest).

    Cates is a Thor fan so if he has the time/opportunity I can see him wanting it.

    Although I hear he writes a weird Beta Ray Bill.
    I'm also doubtful on Millar. He's living the dream right now for a lot of writers. I really like his stuff but it's hard to get excited about it knowing it will likely only be six issues. Still, can't recommend Huck, Empress, the Magic Order and especially Reborn enough.

    Cates seems to be telling a big story with Gotg and Silver Surfer, with Venom probably tying in at some point... And with Venom playing a big role in War of Realms and the Asgardians by being the Necro Sword... I can definitely see him easily tying that all into the Asgardians if he wants, or just start a completely new story.

    Don't remember where he wrote Bill... but I'm behind on Gotg, so maybe there? I also don't care about him at all so no worries for me in that department.

  5. #1475
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    I'm 99% sure Cates will be the next writer, and it will be great.
    Agreed. Cates is so good. I have loved everything he's done, even with characters I don't really care about. He's so good at blending character work with comic book action.

  6. #1476
    Fantastic Member Wall-Crawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    274

    Default

    So.

    War of Realms 1 $5.99 04/03/19 Marvel 187,851

    War of Realms 2 $4.99 04/17/19 Marvel 70,704

    War of Realms 3 $4.99 05/01/19 Marvel 77,664

    War of Realms 4 $4.99 05/15/19 Marvel 73,026

    Compared With...

    The First Thor Event

    Siege 1 $3.99 Marvel 108,484

    Siege 2 $3.99 Marvel 108,429

    Siege 3 $3.99 Marvel 113,073

    Siege 4 $3.99 Marvel 113,752

    The Last Thor Event

    Fear Itself 1 $3.99 Marvel 128,595

    Fear Itself 2 $3.99 Marvel 96,318

    Fear Itself 3 $3.99 Marvel 95,621

    Fear Itself 4 $3.99 Marvel 93,435

    Fear Itself 5 $3.99 Marvel 90,914

    Fear Itself 6 $3.99 Marvel 93,032

    Fear Itself 7 $4.99 Marvel 95,599

    Aaron's Last Event (Before Female Thor)

    Original Sin 1 $4.99 Marvel 147,045

    Original Sin 2 $3.99 Marvel 92,643

    Original Sin 3 $3.99 Marvel 93,351

    Original Sin 4 $3.99 Marvel 88,508

    Original Sin 5 $3.99 Marvel 91,420

    Original Sin 6 $3.99 Marvel 89,324

    Original Sin 7 $3.99 Marvel 91,291

    Original Sin 8 $4.99 Marvel 90,478

    Marvel's Last Event

    Secret Empire 1 $4.99 Marvel 157,517

    Secret Empire 2 $4.99 Marvel 100,983

    Secret Empire 3 $3.99 Marvel 91,611

    Secret Empire 4 $3.99 Marvel 91,621

    Secret Empire 5 $3.99 Marvel 87,675

    Secret Empire 6 $4.99 Marvel 85,887

    Secret Empire 7 $3.99 Marvel 81,365

    Secret Empire 8 $4.99 Marvel 81,488

    Secret Empire 9 $4.99 Marvel 77,072

    Secret Empire 10 $4.99 Marvel 86,123

    So many years of propaganda about how Aaron was the most successful thing that comic Thor ever had, that in the end were nothing but that... propaganda...

  7. #1477
    Mighty Member GodThor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1,492

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    So.

    War of Realms 1 $5.99 04/03/19 Marvel 187,851

    War of Realms 2 $4.99 04/17/19 Marvel 70,704

    War of Realms 3 $4.99 05/01/19 Marvel 77,664

    War of Realms 4 $4.99 05/15/19 Marvel 73,026

    Compared With...

    The First Thor Event

    Siege 1 $3.99 Marvel 108,484

    Siege 2 $3.99 Marvel 108,429

    Siege 3 $3.99 Marvel 113,073

    Siege 4 $3.99 Marvel 113,752

    The Last Thor Event

    Fear Itself 1 $3.99 Marvel 128,595

    Fear Itself 2 $3.99 Marvel 96,318

    Fear Itself 3 $3.99 Marvel 95,621

    Fear Itself 4 $3.99 Marvel 93,435

    Fear Itself 5 $3.99 Marvel 90,914

    Fear Itself 6 $3.99 Marvel 93,032

    Fear Itself 7 $4.99 Marvel 95,599

    Aaron's Last Event (Before Female Thor)

    Original Sin 1 $4.99 Marvel 147,045

    Original Sin 2 $3.99 Marvel 92,643

    Original Sin 3 $3.99 Marvel 93,351

    Original Sin 4 $3.99 Marvel 88,508

    Original Sin 5 $3.99 Marvel 91,420

    Original Sin 6 $3.99 Marvel 89,324

    Original Sin 7 $3.99 Marvel 91,291

    Original Sin 8 $4.99 Marvel 90,478

    Marvel's Last Event

    Secret Empire 1 $4.99 Marvel 157,517

    Secret Empire 2 $4.99 Marvel 100,983

    Secret Empire 3 $3.99 Marvel 91,611

    Secret Empire 4 $3.99 Marvel 91,621

    Secret Empire 5 $3.99 Marvel 87,675

    Secret Empire 6 $4.99 Marvel 85,887

    Secret Empire 7 $3.99 Marvel 81,365

    Secret Empire 8 $4.99 Marvel 81,488

    Secret Empire 9 $4.99 Marvel 77,072

    Secret Empire 10 $4.99 Marvel 86,123

    So many years of propaganda about how Aaron was the most successful thing that comic Thor ever had, that in the end were nothing but that... propaganda...
    nice debunk fam.

    Aaron the Savior

    LoL

  8. #1478
    Mighty Member GodThor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1,492

    Default

    possible King Thor comic in September

    https://twitter.com/IfSheBeWorthy/st...42234495746050

  9. #1479
    Man or Monster? Immortal Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    701

    Default

    Now, that could be a return to greatness!

  10. #1480
    Mighty Member GodThor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1,492

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    Now, that could be a return to greatness!
    King Thor is actually the only good thing Aaron currently writes... except that part where he said Jane was the best wielder of Mjolnir.

  11. #1481
    Man or Monster? Immortal Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    701

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    King Thor is actually the only good thing Aaron currently writes... except that part where he said Jane was the best wielder of Mjolnir.
    The last part is bs, of course, my friend.

    But, yes, I'd love to see a "somber" Thor-Force Thor, with a new role in the MU. It has a lot possibilities!

  12. #1482
    Mighty Member GodThor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1,492

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    The last part is bs, of course, my friend.

    But, yes, I'd love to see a "somber" Thor-Force Thor, with a new role in the MU. It has a lot possibilities!
    do you think Aaron will write it if the book's existence is true???

  13. #1483
    Man or Monster? Immortal Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    701

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    do you think Aaron will write it if the book's existence is true???
    What I think is that it will not be an ongoing, but a transition to a new ongoing (with the new status quo) by Donny Cates! I'd say it's more than 90% sure He will take over the book. Just wait and see.

  14. #1484
    Mighty Member GodThor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1,492

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    What I think is that it will not be an ongoing, but a transition to a new ongoing (with the new status quo) by Donny Cates! I'd say it's more than 90% sure He will take over the book. Just wait and see.
    Cates would be a GREAT choice as well as Ewing.

    there will be a final Thor arc for Aaron starting in August I think.

  15. #1485
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    So many years of propaganda about how Aaron was the most successful thing that comic Thor ever had, that in the end were nothing but that... propaganda...
    bahahahahaha, yup... aaron defenders and comic journalists spreading this BS that Aaron "saved thor" and "immensely successful" for years~

    Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    except that part where he said Jane was the best wielder of Mjolnir.
    oh no no no, you must remember, Aaron made sure that she was the best wielder of Mjolnir FROM DAY ONE, literally as soon as she picked it up she was the bester there ever was and will be.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •