Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

So many people **** on the New 52 but it really was a great time for DC’s supernatural heroes. Animal Man, Swamp Thing, Frankenstein, etc all had some fantastic books. Not to mention the start of the Justice League Dark.

Etrigan has always been one of my favorite DC supernatural hero. Garth Ennis’ run was pretty great. Obviously Kirby will always be the best. I prefer Etrigan to be a good guy or an antihero. Not a fan of pure evil Etrigan.

Gone, gone the form of man. Rise the demon Etrigan!

Last edited by Robotman; 01-06-2019 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    Live Action:

The Creeper. Would he count? He's gotten his powers through scientific means after all.
    Apparently they retconned him as a demon that inhabits Jack Ryder's body. If they go with that origin, I suppose he would qualify.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 01-07-2019 at 03:20 AM.

Does Tora Olafsdoter (Ice) count as mystical? I think her ability to control ice was magical in nature.

"Lashed by the searing fires of Hell, to undo what he has done!"

@Gato^ - https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post2516704

The fallen gang-member cliche is a hard sell. Also whenever there is any kind of Supernatural team-up or event, he tends to be ignored and left out.
    Wish DC could find a way to re-purpose El Diablo legacy into something viable.
    Last edited by Güicho; 01-08-2019 at 06:38 AM.

My first venture into this side of DC was Amethyst starting with the N52 and I enjoyed the worldbuilding a lot.

The animated shorts they did for DC Nation way back when could definitely turn into a fleshed out animated series on DC Universe now.

Other than that my reading limits itself to Demon Knights and the Witching Hour as well as some random Issues of other comics. I never quite got into JLD.

Despite that I always wanted to see a limited series featuering Xanadu, Zatanna and Raven. I think all three of them understand magic at a fundamentally different level and that would be fun to explore, especially if they are treated like three different generations of magic to boot.

Anyone got any ideas for the following characters?

Nightmaster

Enchantress

Empress (Anita Fite)

Nightshade

Khalid Nassour

I wanted Tim Drake to take over as Nightmaster after Det. Chimp gives it up.

Khalid just needs a season 2 of his solo. Have him readjust to normalcy after being stuck as an urn in Tynion's JLD. He could join JLD or go somewhere else. I wanted him to explore the Sandman Universe.

Empress just needs to be rebooted. Just have her be a modern day Buffy but with exploring Voodoo lore. I was fond of her and Lil Lobo so I'd bring that back.

Nightshade was a government operative in Deathstroke so I'd just develop that aspect more
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-08-2019 at 08:37 AM.

Has there ever been a nature based mystic team? If not, I'd like to see one.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Has there ever been a nature based mystic team? If not, I'd like to see one.
    Wasn't that the premise of Primal Force coming out of Zero Hour?

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Does Tora Olafsdoter (Ice) count as mystical? I think her ability to control ice was magical in nature.
    Yep. She's from a tribe of magic-wielding Norsemen. I think her specific power should be called 'Esoteric Cyrokinesis' or 'Cyromancy' so it could differentiate between normal-based and mystic-based abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Wasn't that the premise of Primal Force coming out of Zero Hour?

-M
    From what I've read of it, no.

That said, Primal Force would be a good name for a mystical, nature based team.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    We've been spoiled by a great visual on the TV, but if they really needed to save some money, animal vocalizations in the background when she channels the strength of a gorilla, or flight of an eagle, would be acceptable to me. (Some power uses would be more problematic, obviously. They'd probably be inclined to have her adopt the swimming ability of a dolphin over that of a shark, for instance, since dolphins make easily recognizable sounds, and sharks, not so much...)

Anywho, for mystical characters, I want to see more of Dr. Mist, in a Dr. Fate-like or Phantom Stranger-like role, less a front-liner and more someone who alerts the others of the impending mystical threat and / or assembles them and / or crafts a mcguffin to empower some other person (as he's been said to do, in the past).

More of Jason Blood, as an occultist. The other side of Etrigan doesn't get much play, and is an interesting character in his own right.

A return of Black Orchid. She's pretty buff, as occult heroines go, but seems to get sidelined for spellcasters like Zatanna or the Enchantress or Madame Xanadu, or higher-profile 'magic tanks' like Wonder Woman.
    For a Vixen show, I think perhaps the best thing they could do is have her do voiceovers for the animals she is mimicking...that way she can specifically say which animal/species of animal she is mimicking...is she mimicking a Brown Recluse Spider or a Black Widow Spider? A python, an anaconda or a cobra? A bullet ant or a fire ant? These voiceovers would be like the voiceovers used in the classic 1980's "MacGyver" TV series where MacGyver would explain to the viewers what he was doing as he was doing it.

Example: "I decide to mimic a Bullet Ant, which has a sting so painful it makes you feel as though you've been shot with a bullet. Combined with the striking speed of a pistol shrimp, I can have him down for the count before he even knows what's happening."

Maybe in addition to voiceovers, or instead of voiceovers, they could just flash the name of the specific animal on the screen that is Vixen is using...although you would lose the informative bit about the animal that a voiceover would provide.
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 01-12-2019 at 09:47 PM.

Incredible Member

This may be random but I recently watched the Danny Phantom series and I really enjoy his powerset. I would love to see someone with a similar powerset of Danny Phantom. Maybe someone comes out of the phantom zone that wants to be a hero and can be intangible, invisible, can posess people and can shoot energy plasma rays.

From what I've read of it, no.

That said, Primal Force would be a good name for a mystical, nature based team.
    I keep thinking Vixen should lead it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    This may be random but I recently watched the Danny Phantom series and I really enjoy his powerset. I would love to see someone with a similar powerset of Danny Phantom. Maybe someone comes out of the phantom zone that wants to be a hero and can be intangible, invisible, can posess people and can shoot energy plasma rays.
    Maybe Secret or Infinity could come back and do that ?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secret_(Greta_Hayes)

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Infinity_(New_Earth)

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I keep thinking Vixen should lead it.

Maybe Secret or Infinity could come back and do that ?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secret_(Greta_Hayes)

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Infinity_(New_Earth)
    Infinity needs to make a return.