Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Default I Summon The Power Of The Tempest!: Garth Appreciation 2019

A new year, a new thread for the original Aqualad, Garth.

First appearance: Adventure Comics #269 (February 1960)

Created by: Robert Bernstein and Ramona Fradon

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Mighty Member

I'd love to write a Garth series, just nothing but 100% high fantasy, with a lot of pulp and weird horror influences.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I first saw Garth in the Super Friends, but I have no memory of it except his appearance. Didn't even know his name.

Al.jpg

I think I first found out his name during the New 52 when people were discussing Titans, but at that time I was still confusing the name Gar and Garth.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Another great , very under rated character.

I think they made a great move by giving him his magic powers instead of just keeping him Aquaman lite. It's too bad they never actually utilize that.

I'm not going to call for him getting his own series, because I'm trying to be realistic, but I would like for Garth to become a regular on a team. Or at least become part of the supporting cast for Aquaman in his comic.

I said this in the Titans thread, we have the green for plant life and Swamp thing as the avatar. The red for animal life with Animal man as the avatar. I think they should make the blue for the aquatic life and tempest as the avatar. I think that would be pretty cool.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Happy New Year to OG! Aqualad .

tempestswimwp.jpg

My current background.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    tempestswimwp.jpg

My current background.
    Awesome. Great costume.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Awesome. Great costume.
    Garth for as underrated as he is has had a lot of great costumes.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Nice surprising seeing Garth in a new Young Justice episode .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Nice surprising seeing Garth in a new Young Justice episode .
    Garth AND Donna!!

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Garth AND Donna!!
    Ha! Yeah .

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Another great , very under rated character.

I think they made a great move by giving him his magic powers instead of just keeping him Aquaman lite. It's too bad they never actually utilize that.

I'm not going to call for him getting his own series, because I'm trying to be realistic, but I would like for Garth to become a regular on a team. Or at least become part of the supporting cast for Aquaman in his comic.

I said this in the Titans thread, we have the green for plant life and Swamp thing as the avatar. The red for animal life with Animal man as the avatar. I think they should make the blue for the aquatic life and tempest as the avatar. I think that would be pretty cool.
    I think they have something called The Clear.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

I also would like to see more of Garth. There definitely needs to be more cohesion with the Aqua-Family. I would love for Garth to be a regular in the Aquaman title. His mystical abilities need to be explored more as well. He is overall the most powerful member of the Aqua-Family.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    I'd love to write a Garth series, just nothing but 100% high fantasy, with a lot of pulp and weird horror influences.
    This is what I REALLY want for Garth this upcoming year. I'm hoping some writers really wants to focus on his magic and Atlantis and kind of give him the weird parts of the Kingdom to look over. Especially after the Abnett run which introduced a ton of the sea creatures and beasts they keep around.