Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Agreed. Garth is just an all around good guy. He sometimes gets overshadowed by the other stronger personalities in the fab 5, like Wally and Roy, but he is essential to the team.

Not like his Namor personality they gave him in Rebirth.
    I really want another Jimenez type dive into his life like his Tempest mini. I want a story focusing on his life transitioning into Aqualad, what it meant to him to be Aqualad, falling in love with Tula, joining the Teen Titans, how Tula's death affected him, and so on. There is so much story to tell with Garth.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

More Garth would be amazing. Hopefully with the success of Aquaman we will see a resurgence of more of the aquafamily. Garth interacting with Aquaman over an arc, developing his relationship with Tula, meeting Dolphin, dealing with the Titans, or mentoring Jackson/Kaldur.

Just move away from the personality they currently have for him. I don't mind him being angry, that's consistently been a part of his character - but stop making him a meathead. I'd like to see a mix of spirituality/ism and pacifism instilled in Garth. He should struggle with his immense power and his desire to protect others. Of the Fab 5 I see him as the most naive, the one who believes in people and humanity but deeply understands their darkness - driven by their fears and tempted with power. I hope we get to explore Garth more - his history of being an outcast and mystical heritage, his time mentorship under Arthur, his relationships with Tula or Dolphin, being with the Titans, learning how to temper his anger with his compassion. There remains a lot of potential for Garth and hopefully he isn't ignored for too much longer.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Garth has been around for over 50 year and definitely has a rich history to explore.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

DC gimmie a damn Tempest book already.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Ibara View Post
    More Garth would be amazing. Hopefully with the success of Aquaman we will see a resurgence of more of the aquafamily. Garth interacting with Aquaman over an arc, developing his relationship with Tula, meeting Dolphin, dealing with the Titans, or mentoring Jackson/Kaldur.

Just move away from the personality they currently have for him. I don't mind him being angry, that's consistently been a part of his character - but stop making him a meathead. I'd like to see a mix of spirituality/ism and pacifism instilled in Garth. He should struggle with his immense power and his desire to protect others. Of the Fab 5 I see him as the most naive, the one who believes in people and humanity but deeply understands their darkness - driven by their fears and tempted with power. I hope we get to explore Garth more - his history of being an outcast and mystical heritage, his time mentorship under Arthur, his relationships with Tula or Dolphin, being with the Titans, learning how to temper his anger with his compassion. There remains a lot of potential for Garth and hopefully he isn't ignored for too much longer.
    That's another thing I want to see and has so much potential with Garth and the rest of the fab five in general. Interacting with their mentors and exploring their history and how they were influenced growing up.

Garth bonding with Arthur and reminiscing for a story would be great. As well as Donna with Diana which is very much needed. Wally and Barry they just recently screwed that up so that could be given a rest for now. Roy and Ollie has been touched on fairly often but it has so much drama involved I'd want to see more of it. Dick and Bruce though, like all things Batman, we've seen plenty of already.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

That's another thing I want to see and has so much potential with Garth and the rest of the fab five in general. Interacting with their mentors and exploring their history and how they were influenced growing up.

Garth bonding with Arthur and reminiscing for a story would be great. As well as Donna with Diana which is very much needed. Wally and Barry they just recently screwed that up so that could be given a rest for now. Roy and Ollie has been touched on fairly often but it has so much drama involved I'd want to see more of it. Dick and Bruce though, like all things Batman, we've seen plenty of already.
    I really want a story that has the Fab Five on a retreat kinda like in Grayson's run where they went to an island to camp and connect. At the same time we have their mentors doing the same thing, have the stories run parallel and we see just how similar and different they are with each other. You can dive into the different mentor styles, how they think of each other, etc. I want to see more character driven stories like this drama and character growth I find more interesting than heroes just hitting things.

Any interaction with Garth and Donna and their mentors is long overdue. With the successes of Aquaman and Wonder Woman outside of the comics, there could be a bit more traction in seeing them shed some light on their relationships in the comics. I think Garth in particular can play an interesting contrast to Mera for Arthur. While Mera believes in coexistence with the surface I think she inherently is of and for Atlantis first. Garth, unlike Mera, has formed very real and lasting bonds with those of the surface and perhaps epitomizes Arthur's dream of sea-to-surface relations.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I really want a story that has the Fab Five on a retreat kinda like in Grayson's run where they went to an island to camp and connect. At the same time we have their mentors doing the same thing, have the stories run parallel and we see just how similar and different they are with each other. You can dive into the different mentor styles, how they think of each other, etc. I want to see more character driven stories like this drama and character growth I find more interesting than heroes just hitting things.
    That sounds like fun I think character focus has been and should remain the strength of the Titans/Fab 5. Additionally, I think an adventure with Arthur, Diana, Donna, and Garth could be great as well. It would be especially interesting to see Diana and Garth, and Arthur and Diana interact - they could establish a dynamic where Donna finds she shares a lot in common with Arthur and Diana sees herself bonding with Garth. Cross franchise interactions are always great too - and the Amazon/Atlantis relationship has so much potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibara View Post
    That sounds like fun I think character focus has been and should remain the strength of the Titans/Fab 5. Additionally, I think an adventure with Arthur, Diana, Donna, and Garth could be great as well. It would be especially interesting to see Diana and Garth, and Arthur and Diana interact - they could establish a dynamic where Donna finds she shares a lot in common with Arthur and Diana sees herself bonding with Garth. Cross franchise interactions are always great too - and the Amazon/Atlantis relationship has so much potential.
    Garth and Donna is like the least explored of the Fab Five dynamics. Would love to see some focus on Garth, Donna and Roy. Considering Roy and Garth but heads the most I love seeing them together.

Finally caught Young Justice season 3's first episodes. I never thought of making Garth Atlantis' U.N representative but it does make sense given he spends more time on the surface world than most Atlantians.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Finally caught Young Justice season 3's first episodes. I never thought of making Garth Atlantis' U.N representative but it does make sense given he spends more time on the surface world than most Atlantians.
    It's a very cool direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Pretty cool.

With the inevitable sequel to Aquaman being a smash hit does anyone think there might be a chance that Garth might be in it?

Probably not imo.

Mighty Member

Pretty cool.

With the inevitable sequel to Aquaman being a smash hit does anyone think there might be a chance that Garth might be in it?

Probably not imo.
    Given how huge the movie has been in China, you might think that introducing Garth and having him portrayed by Asian-American actor would be considered.

Pretty cool.

Probably not imo.
    I highly doubt it, if we are gonna have an Aqualad it will probably be Kaldur/Jackson.