Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Garth so far has more of an edge when it comes to dialogue. Not necessarily power like he was depicted in Titans Hunt where he was basically a meat-head. Garth is the power house of the sidekicks right now, basically the prince of Atlantis at 14-16 years old, and now Tula and Him have gotten together. That's gonna change anyone, that's one hell of a confidence boost. How I have my current direction for Garth is goes from normal heroic Garth trying to become an Atlantean sorcerer when he helps Aquaman and becomes Aqualad. I want him to feel like he made it, his life's goal was reached and now he's reaping the rewards. This complacency is Garth's hurdle to deal with. Realizing that just being Aqualad following Aquaman isn't the answer and that the battle is never ending. Garth will be be one of the first to really want the team as a way to grow beyond. This is a very important story beat that I want to keep with the team.
    OK that is pretty cool. You are giving him challenges without actually altering Garth's personality, background or any other fundamentals. A mistake a lot of "pro" writers make.

Nice job.

My Garth shirt has got some milage to it if you can't tell. His hands and legs are gone.

Lol. Looks pretty cool. Now I want a Garth shirt too to add to my collection.

I'm sure it's not east to come by his merchendise.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Aqualad_Garth.jpg

Really old school.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Some really cool Tempest shots .

Does anyone know if Garth will be reappearing anywhere on a regular basis? I feel like of the O5 he has been the least developed as a character. I want to know more about his mystical abilities and his own life experiences.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Does anyone know if Garth will be reappearing anywhere on a regular basis? I feel like of the O5 he has been the least developed as a character. I want to know more about his mystical abilities and his own life experiences.
    He was in HiC for a couple panels drinking and passing out.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

He was in HiC for a couple panels drinking and passing out.
    Definitely not a good look.

I would like to see more of Garth's people to be explored and to see how they differ from Atlanteans in the capitol.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Hard to believe, but Garth is apparently in the new DC Super Hero Girls series:

He's listed as "Garth Bernstein," next to Pam Isley, and I think his last name is a nod to Robert Bernstein.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hard to believe, but Garth is apparently in the new DC Super Hero Girls series:

He's listed as "Garth Bernstein," next to Pam Isley, and I think his last name is a nod to Robert Bernstein.
    Garth having a last name is weird to me.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Definitely not a good look.

I would like to see more of Garth's people to be explored and to see how they differ from Atlanteans in the capitol.
    I think during Johns and Parker’s new 52 run they were really building toward Garth and his people. Mentions of the boy with purple eyes, and later the woman with purple eyes thanking Atlantna for all she had done for her people. Unfortunately Bunn came on, plopped Garth in with no intro or anything, and since then no ones followed up on Johns or Parker’s foreshadowing.

Really, just a crime to what they’ve done to Arthur’s and Garth’s relationship or lack there of post new 52. Garth is really nothing more to Arthur than any other Atlantan. We need a long story arc that features Arthur and Garth on some quest or adventure to restablish their bonds.

Quote Originally Posted by soccerguy951 View Post
    I think during Johns and Parker’s new 52 run they were really building toward Garth and his people. Mentions of the boy with purple eyes, and later the woman with purple eyes thanking Atlantna for all she had done for her people. Unfortunately Bunn came on, plopped Garth in with no intro or anything, and since then no ones followed up on Johns or Parker’s foreshadowing.

Really, just a crime to what they’ve done to Arthur’s and Garth’s relationship or lack there of post new 52. Garth is really nothing more to Arthur than any other Atlantan. We need a long story arc that features Arthur and Garth on some quest or adventure to restablish their bonds.
    It would be nice to see some classic adventures when Garth was Aqualad with Arthur.

Quote Originally Posted by soccerguy951 View Post

Agreed 100%. I always liked the way Aquaman and Garth worked together as a team/duo. Now the two of them barely know one another and as you stated Garth is just another Atlantean to Aquaman unfortunately.

Doesn't seem to be much of a push for Aquaman and the Aqualad's, both current and former, to interact unfortunately .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Doesn't seem to be much of a push for Aquaman and the Aqualad's, both current and former, to interact unfortunately .
    Very true. The entire Aqua-family needs to be reunited and act as a cohesive unit with some actual interaction with one another.