Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

WOW what an issue!!!!!!! I was hesitant about this series but I love Spider-Man and decided to give it a shot. I am really glad I did! It was a very solid first issue and I love the way Taylor is writing Peter.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

I thoroughly enjoyed this issue. I don't know how popular this statement will be, but I like this comic more than I enjoy Amazing. This is why there should be satellite Spider-Man comics with different writers instead of one weakly comic by the same writer.

That's just my opinion, and feel free to disagree.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    Yes, I think the Aunt May story will ultimately be more of an inspirational tale and a way for Peter to grow closer with her again rather than a death watch. On another note, I know it has only been one issue, but this looks like the title that I though Zdarsky's PP:SSM was going to be. While I ultimately liked that book overall, his first 4 issues were pretty bad IMO; he quickly got better but---even then---spent a lot of time with time travel stories and very little on the street level stories we were promised when the title launched. Taylor seems to be poised to deliver just that and is off to a fantastic start.
    I totally agree with your point on Spectacular/Friendly. I really liked Spectacular but thought it missed an opportunity to give a different flavor than Amazing. I think the best bet is to generally leave the big action stories to Amazing and let Spectacular and now Friendly be a little smaller in scope and really focus on the supporting cast and Peter's character. If they both offer similar styles people are often going to just go with Amazing since it's the "main" book. And Taylor is really good at that kind of stuff, so I think he'll play to his strengths there. Despite not being on board with the general idea of the May health issue I still really liked the issue and am very much looking forward to issue two tomorrow!

Astonishing Member

Read FN S-M #1-2 and I right liked it especially Peter Parker/Spider-Man's voice, the greatest strength of the book by Tom Taylor. Good looking art to go with!