Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    I keep envisioning Warren locked away in a basement somewhere in Prisoner X. Possibly because he remembers reality, though I don't know why he would.
    That would be interesting. He could be a game changer for a characters story arc or for one of the titles. Unless he is just a cameo. :/
    Keep on doing random speculations cause regardless of how his role is at least we have some sort of imagination.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Ultimate Member

The upcoming event isn't long enough for most of what people are expecting or wondering if this or that could happen as it's only 5 issues long though as of yet we're still not sure he's even apart of this upcoming AoX event or if he got left back in the normal reality, I would guess that Nate has bigger fish to fry than Warren so to speak...though maybe if Warren were to remember the truth he'd be the on that could then start the revolt or whatever against Nate perhaps by going to Betsy and her team since he'd want to stay away from Nate imho...

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    My line of reasoning here is that we don't actually see Warren have his Death Seed removed. In fact, you probably can't actually remove them at all. Warren's Death Seed was just overwritten by a Life Seed. I think...

But it does seem odd that we haven't seen Warren at all in any of these solicits.

Would he work with Apocalypse in this universe? Even if that Apocalypse is seemingly not the monster he normally is? I mean, he probably is and he's just better at hiding it.
    I tend to think that the Life seed destroyed the Death seed in Warren completely. In Bunn's Uncanny, and this most recent Uncanny series, Warren has had control of himself as Archangel.
    But,Warren could have always gained a new Death Seed in AoXM. Warren could be one of the few antagonists for this event that doesn't have a story that doesn't involve free will or some kind of connection to love or free will.

I think there must be a reason they aren't saying where Warren is in the AoXM. Rebelling against Nate and therefor ticking him off seems a logical conclusion. I guess he could be in the Apocalypse series...
    I think that I have seen somewhere that the Apocalypse series is about free love. Warren was a playboy type when he was first introduced in X-Men. He could fit into a story like this. That or maybe he is the antagonist here.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    But would Warren being an antagonist to Betsy and her team be a shock right now really, not sure that you could destroy love in such a short time with perhaps neither character even remembering that said love exists if they both wouldn't know that they were even in a different reality...so I don't see it destroying their love, and yeah if Nate was angry at Warren he wouldn't let him just run around free...
    I wasn't sure if I wanted to go back to the Psylocke/Archangel thing again, but I'll respond. Just because Angel and Psylocke don't remember the main reality, that doesn't mean that they couldn't have had a relationship in the AoXM one as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    I could see him being some sort of Villain or the new stand-in for Apocalypse. I am interested to see him interact with Bishop and Polaris. It has been a long time. Either that or he is more of a cameo role. :/ Oh well. When hasn't he been on the shitty end of the stick. Also congrats on Dani participating in Thor's event.

I keep envisioning Warren locked away in a basement somewhere in Prisoner X. Possibly because he remembers reality, though I don't know why he would.
    I can also envision Archangel being a cameo locked away in the Prisoner-X basement. He may not be important to the story at all.
    Or maybe he is the one in charge of the Prisoner-X basement.

Extraordinary Member

OK, so, I just remembered, Warren was converted back from one of Nate's Horsemen by becoming Archangel.

So why is that? Because Archangel is Death. Meaning that he's been influenced by the Death Seed, so unless Nate stabs him with his Life Seed, he's immune to some of Nate's powers!

I think...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngelSliver View Post
    I tend to think that the Life seed destroyed the Death seed in Warren completely. In Bunn's Uncanny, and this most recent Uncanny series, Warren has had control of himself as Archangel.
    But,Warren could have always gained a new Death Seed in AoXM. Warren could be one of the few antagonists for this event that doesn't have a story that doesn't involve free will or some kind of connection to love or free will.

I think that I have seen somewhere that the Apocalypse series is about free love. Warren was a playboy type when he was first introduced in X-Men. He could fit into a story like this. That or maybe he is the antagonist here.

I wasn't sure if I wanted to go back to the Psylocke/Archangel thing again, but I'll respond. Just because Angel and Psylocke don't remember the main reality, that doesn't mean that they couldn't have had a relationship in the AoXM one as well.

I can also envision Archangel being a cameo locked away in the Prisoner-X basement. He may not be important to the story at all.
    Or maybe he is the one in charge of the Prisoner-X basement.
    I wasn't sure if we know whether they remember the main reality or not if Warren is indeed in the AoX series, and if he remembers then naturally he'd go to Betsy whether she remembered or not...that maybe it'd be him trying to save her rather than the opposite...that if she didn't remember then she'd be his "enemy" even though he loved her or something along those lines...the free love thing would have worked better with the hippie Angel, Warren now wouldn't really work imho...

I think that the writers just use Warren however they want and don't bother trying to make much sense right now...

As per Thompson and Nadler, Warren shows up in Alpha and he's their favorite character in that issue. Also very different from his regular self.
    https://twitter.com/ZacBeThompson/st...71472324456448

Ultimate Member

Not sure which one is Alpha unless it's just like a one shot that sets up that whole universe and then after that...who knows maybe Nate ends up fixing Warren finally...

he's gonna be the pope he's gonna be the pope he's gonna be the pope
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Not sure which one is Alpha unless it's just like a one shot that sets up that whole universe and then after that...who knows maybe Nate ends up fixing Warren finally...
    That's exactly what it is.

Ultimate Member

Ah okay thanks, that makes sense, just wonder how different he'll be and why, as if he's under Nate's control somehow then it's him but not really as any change would have been forced on him or if he's been pushed to the darker side as being different, or he's back to his old self that we all know and love...

Extraordinary Member

I wasn't sure if we know whether they remember the main reality or not if Warren is indeed in the AoX series, and if he remembers then naturally he'd go to Betsy whether she remembered or not...that maybe it'd be him trying to save her rather than the opposite...that if she didn't remember then she'd be his "enemy" even though he loved her or something along those lines...the free love thing would have worked better with the hippie Angel, Warren now wouldn't really work imho...

I think that the writers just use Warren however they want and don't bother trying to make much sense right now...
    I think Remender gave us the best villain Angel we could ask for and I'm not sure anyone can top it.

Really, Warren is just sort of a weird character. He really should be more important than he is, yet, again, unless you have just the right story for him, what are you supposed to do with him? Then his job is just to stand around or fly around and look beautiful.

Of course, hippie Angel always freaked me out, even when Bunn used him. As I've said before, there's just something very scary about a guy like Warren-a superhero vet who's been doing this since he was a teenager-just completely break and revert to almost a childlike mentality. The scary thing is that while the Life Seed was initially blamed, you can't get over some of the feeling that Warren might have actually been in the grips of a total breakdown.

Which means it could happen again. And again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    he's gonna be the pope he's gonna be the pope he's gonna be the pope
    I would be cool with this. Give him a pope hat and all is fine.
    Last edited by Rosebunse; 01-18-2019 at 07:47 AM.

Ultimate Member

I'd rather mental problems not becoming a thing for Warren like the Phoenix is for Jean, he's had them for the last several years, mental problems or dual personalities, he needs to get back to his old self and maybe time spent in the AoX can do that for him...or it all started with Kyle and Yost when they made his wings metal again and that they weren't really feathered again...

Extraordinary Member

I'd rather mental problems not becoming a thing for Warren like the Phoenix is for Jean, he's had them for the last several years, mental problems or dual personalities, he needs to get back to his old self and maybe time spent in the AoX can do that for him...or it all started with Kyle and Yost when they made his wings metal again and that they weren't really feathered again...
    Technically, he hasn't has truly organic wings for quite a while.

But I'm not sure he's a character who should go back to being just happy and healthy. Besides, this didn't just start with X-Force. Sure, he had a long stable period, but he's had these issues since he became Archangel off and on.

Ultimate Member

Well back when he was still blue Austen had Black Tom suck out the rest of what Apocalypse did to Warren and he had feathered wings, then Kyle and Yost came along and changed that to the feathered wings just being an illusion that the wings were still techno organic or whatever and then came the X-Force years and Remender with the two minds in his one head thing that hasn't let up since then...in the 90's though he'd finally moved on past that being his whole world and then sadly got sent right back into it...

And by happy and healthy I didn't mean that he'd have no problems just that said problems wouldn't be trying to control his darker side or whatever...

I'm definitely among those who thinks that Warren shouldn't keep going back to being healthy or happy. I just don't like the idea of the dark persona coming and going constantly. I wouldn't mind if he did become a Punisher type of vigilante, though. It could help make him a little more distinct from the other X-characters.

In regards to earlier speculation as to weather it was the Life Seed, or a mental break down due to all the people he killed while being Apocalypse that caused the Hippie Angel personality, I would say it was a little bit of both. I didn't like the Hippie version of Angel very well, and I don't know if I would want that to come back repeatedly. He can just go some what out of his mind without going that far.

As for what might make Angel appear to be a little different in AoXM, perhaps Warren could be put in his form of The Fallen, from the Mutant X reality. We haven't seen it in a while, and it could cause Angel to be unhappy. It probably isn't likely if AoXM is meant to be a happy utopia, but I think that would be interesting