Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Its time Warren got a storyline. Its really been all about Archangel for the past decade, but Warren the person, hasnt had anything to do
    Sorry, I left this one out of my last post. I wanted a storyline of Warren leading/ taking care of the the sleeper mutants, having to take some responsibility. It likely wont happen now with what Hickman is doing, but I'm fine with that. I like the new stories that he has been giving us.

What kind of story about Warren the person story do you want to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    Like Havok83 says, it depends on what version of Warren you are looking at. With his old halo costume, I think that he looks better with his hair exposed. With the Archangel costume, I prefer the skullcap.
    Great minds think alike.

I thought Warren looked off in the 90's wearing the halo costume in general. Those halo outfits just didn't go well with Archangel's metal wings/blue skin. Especially the red one. That's just my opinion. Some others may have liked the way that those colors looked togather.
    Agreed. If they were going to put Warren back in the halo outfits, they should have wiped away the blue from his skin.

As for the halo costume itself, I think that if Warren were to go back to wearing something like those, he should use some sort of new colors with them. Maybe it could be purple and black instead
    I hope that doesn't go back to the halo costume though.
    Agreed. Save the halo outfits for if and when the X-Men ever achieve peace and happiness.

Dazzler calls him blue-skinned and bald, and that it is a waste. I can see how it could be read that Warren was bald, but other stories have shown him to have hair under the skullcap.
    Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post

Agreed. If they were going to put Warren back in the halo outfits, they should have wiped away the blue from his skin.

Agreed. Save the halo outfits for if and when the X-Men ever achieve peace and happiness.

Thanks for the info.

With the 90's halo outfits the blue skin should have gone, and the metal wings remained. Instead, Marvel messed up badly by doing the opposite. That's just my opinion.

The X-Men will most likely never achieve permanent peace and happiness. You wouldn't really have any X-Men stories left to tell. If you leave the halo outfits unused until that happens you will never see the halo outfits again. That would make me happy .

I knew about the Dazzler statements about Archangel because I was actually reading the Inferno story when you posted about them. I couldn't resist the opportunity to mention them, because I would finally be right about something .
    And, I only mention the part about Warren having hair under the skullcap because I read most of Archangel's stories in hindsight, so he's always had hair to me.

With the 90's halo outfits the blue skin should have gone, and the metal wings remained. Instead, Marvel messed up badly by doing the opposite. That's just my opinion.
    I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will come along and correct me, but I was under the impression that Warren received blue skin for concealment purposes. In other words, to help blend into the darkness of night and strike his opponents while draped in shadows. It certainly wouldn't make much sense for him to wear flashy outfits, if that were the case.

The X-Men will most likely never achieve permanent peace and happiness. You wouldn't really have any X-Men stories left to tell. If you leave the halo outfits unused until that happens you will never see the halo outfits again. That would make me happy .
    Agreed. Good point.

I knew about the Dazzler statements about Archangel because I was actually reading the Inferno story when you posted about them. I couldn't resist the opportunity to mention them, because I would finally be right about something .
    Glad to be of help.

And, I only mention the part about Warren having hair under the skullcap because I read most of Archangel's stories in hindsight, so he's always had hair to me.
    Again, good point.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 08-24-2019 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Corrected grammatical errors.

It was never really mentioned why his skin was turned blue even when they questioned Louise Simonson. They just did a re-design of the character to make him edgier and darker. Warren goes through an entire trauma conga line before being seduced by Big A. For all I know, Apocalypse was just vain and said insta blue for Warren. I believe later writers made more like an apocalypse vanity project and then there is this modern take on the death seed. I am surprised how quickly Archangel resurfaced. Great looks will not die.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    It was never really mentioned why his skin was turned blue even when they questioned Louise Simonson. They just did a re-design of the character to make him edgier and darker. Warren goes through an entire trauma conga line before being seduced by Big A. For all I know, Apocalypse was just vain and said insta blue for Warren. I believe later writers made more like an apocalypse vanity project and then there is this modern take on the death seed. I am surprised how quickly Archangel resurfaced. Great looks will not die.
    Good point. Maybe Apocalypse just wanted all his horsemen to look like him in some sort of way, giving them that look of strength and superiority.

I read somewhere that Angel's Skin was colored blue to make him look more unhealthy. The Biblical version of Death rode a pale horse that is described as ashen, pale/pallid, pale green, and or sickly. The color of the horse is often described as having the sickly color of a corpse. It was therefore decided that Warren would now have a sickly color that fit the description of the horse from the bible. According to this story, the reason that Archangel is blue is that the printing press that was used back then wasn't able to capture the exact shade that was desired for Archangel. He wasn't meant to be the bright blue that we see in later stories. His skin was meant to be sickly looking. And they couldn't use a sickly shade of green because it was already being used for pestilence.

Now, I cant guarantee that this account is true or not. I have seen this story a couple of different places, but without any quotes or some other confirmation that this story is true from the people who designed Archangel's look, or were working on Archangel at the time. This is all coming from secondhand stories.

Well, I was finally able to read House of X 3. Warren got all of one line. It was hard to interpret what his personality was meant to be going off of that one line only. But, it seemed to me that Warren was in his Archangel form, and seemed as though it was Warren in control of it. Archangel was somewhat subdued and did act all not all violent. Obviously, I could be reading to much into one line, and the Archangel personality could still have been around and in control. But, I may end up getting my wish and Warren will be in his Archangel form and without multiple personalities.

What did other readers think could be gleaned from his one line.

Also, and I know that Husk and Archangel only had one line, and it could happen next issue, but their previous relationship wasn't brought up. Made me happy.

So read HoX 3 and was a bit lost, last time I checked, Warren was amnesic and a student again. What has happened to him since then ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Jacket View Post
    So read HoX 3 and was a bit lost, last time I checked, Warren was amnesic and a student again. What has happened to him since then ?
    Hickman's run is in a different timeline from the most recent comics. So Angel and everyone are in a slightly different place from when we last see them. Why they are in a different timeline is a subject of House of X#2.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Hickman's run is in a different timeline from the most recent comics. So Angel and everyone are in a slightly different place from when we last see them. Why they are in a different timeline is a subject of House of X#2.
    Isn't this up to debate ?

Isn't this up to debate ?
    Sort of. Which timeline we're in is the debate but Hickman's era is a soft reboot with the last ten years is known as the "lost decade".

It's a little hard to explain.

I'll start with Cullen Bunn's Uncanny X-Men. During the Apocalypse Wars issues of his run, Warren and his personalities seemed to merge into a new form of Archangel. It appeared to me as though Warren's usual personality was in control of the Archangel. This happened in the second arc of Bunn's Uncanny, and I believe that issues were numbers 5 to 8. Warren was also put in charge of a number of an army of Sleeper Mutants who had tried to avoid the Inhuman Terrigan cloud by going into some form of hibernation. This was my favorite version of recent Warren.

Next in Charles Soul's Astonishing X-Men, Warren seemed to be back to fighting against his Archangel split personality. Archangel wanted to kill, Warren did not. During this series of comics, it appeared as if X had cured Warren of having a split personality.

Later, in the Astonishing X-Men annual by Rosenberg, Warren was back to having to try to control his Archangel personality. He was scared of losing control of his Archangel personality.
    This was also his status in X-Men Disassembled, but it read to me as though Warren had a little more control of Archangel.

It's to early to tell where Hickman might take Archangel, but from his one line in HoX 3, it read to me as if Warren was in control of Archangel. He seemed less Psychotic to me. But, it is still only one issue to go off of.

Also, different readers have interpreted these stories in different ways. Some readers believe that the Archangel split personality was still present all the way back to Bunn's Uncanny, and has remained ever since then.
    I would disagree though.

BANNED

It is so LAZY to me that a 'writer' feels a need to have the comicbook character Warren suddenly develop a split personality. To me, it is very lame.
    I feel the seem about some 'writer' deciding that the comicbook character Marc Spector's disguises: Steven Grant, Jake Lockely and Moon Knight are instead split personalities.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Good point. Maybe Apocalypse just wanted all his horsemen to look like him in some sort of way, giving them that look of strength and superiority.
    Works for me, since I believe the comicbook character Apocalypse regarded the comicbook character Warren as a 'son'.