Page 19 of 36 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Given that we see that Warren is apparently the one keeping the secret about the Life Seed, my theory is that Nate turned him into something like Archangel, just with a Life Seed or something to make him crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Given that we see that Warren is apparently the one spoilers:
    keeping the secret about the Life Seed, my theory is that Nate turned him into something like Archangel, just with a Life Seed or something to make him crazy.
    end of spoilers
    Um spoiler warnings!

Ultimate Member

Or it puts Warren back to his good old self somehow and he's finally free from the dual personalities in his head thing and all...

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Um spoiler warnings!
    More like an educated guess that has a 60% chance of being true. Some stories are like that.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    Yeah, I'll wait until I see some more stuff or info about the story.
    I don't want to jump the gun, but the preview art does seem to indicate some alternate reality stuff. I haven't read much of Hickman's work, but I have read that he does like alternate reality and time travel stories. I could be wrong just going off of the preview picture though, and like I said, I don't want to jump the gun on what the story will be like just based off of one piece of promow art.
    Hickman is known for his Alternate Timeline, Alternate Universe, Time Travel, Secret Conspiracies (Maybe we get who the sleeper agent was), and Science!!!
    So my speculation has to do with him writing two books; House of X and Powers of X, with a secret conspiracy that affected the X-Men in the past - considering the multiple Wolverines and such. Hopefully, my Johnathan Hickman Bingo card is still functional with all the god killing and death. I wonder what he is going to do this time? It feels like he was made to write X-Men.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Ultimate Member

Then again it could all get messed up during the event only to then be fixed again by the end, it being everything X related including Warren...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Then again it could all get messed up during the event only to then be fixed again by the end, it being everything X related including Warren...
    You really need to read Hickman. May I suggest Secret Warriors, Avengers: Time Runs Out, and Secret Wars. Just so you get what he does. You are really grasping at straws its never going to get fixed. Writers like messed up Warren for a reason and we love buying it for his misery. Sad but true... Also since this is Hickman any bets on who dies and have the characters be affected?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Or it puts Warren back to his good old self somehow and he's finally free from the dual personalities in his head thing and all...
    No, he isn't allowed to be happy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    Hickman is known for his Alternate Timeline, Alternate Universe, Time Travel, Secret Conspiracies (Maybe we get who the sleeper agent was), and Science!!!
    So my speculation has to do with him writing two books; House of X and Powers of X, with a secret conspiracy that affected the X-Men in the past - considering the multiple Wolverines and such. Hopefully, my Johnathan Hickman Bingo card is still functional with all the god killing and death. I wonder what he is going to do this time? It feels like he was made to write X-Men.
    I'm not sure there are going to be tons of multiple characters. My interpretation of that cover was that those are all characters at different points in time.

No, he isn't allowed to be happy!

I'm not sure there are going to be tons of multiple characters. My interpretation of that cover was that those are all characters at different points in time.
    It's a compilation of all the best storylines of events, alternate realities, and versions of characters. The problem being people who take it too seriously. Hickman loves this stuff, so the cover is no surprise. Its most likely going to be the new starting off point for X-Men and fix their place in the MU a bit. If anything some characters are going to be relegated to cameo status or extension of something. My two cents is that Angel is going to do something related to Apocalypse because at this point its his most iconic and why not status.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    It's a compilation of all the best storylines of events, alternate realities, and versions of characters. The problem being people who take it too seriously. Hickman loves this stuff, so the cover is no surprise. Its most likely going to be the new starting off point for X-Men and fix their place in the MU a bit. If anything some characters are going to be relegated to cameo status or extension of something. My two cents is that Angel is going to do something related to Apocalypse because at this point its his most iconic and why not status.
    I enjoy Warren and Apocalypse, so I would be fine with this.

BANNED

i always felt Warren doesn’t get enough of the spotlight that the other 05 gets. He’s either lobotomized or an afterthought.

Quote Originally Posted by Retcon View Post
    i always felt Warren doesn’t get enough of the spotlight that the other 05 gets. He’s either lobotomized or an afterthought.
    In order of importance it goes, Scott, Jean, Hank (though his Avengers stints might bump him), Bobby, then Warren

BANNED

Warren deserves more. He got some shine in Bendis Run but then he became a background character again.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Retcon View Post
    The thing is, what do you do with Warren? Is he really the right character for a leadership role? Especially when part of his worth as a character is his Archangel form?

Archangel as he is now is not someone who should be leading anyone. And as the Dark Angel Saga pointed out, Archangel could be a truly devastating force if he had the opportunity.

I actually enjoyed Angel's fate after he was brought back with the Life Seed because it was just so awful. Yes, it basically protected him from anyone trying to arrest or punish him for his actions, but it also represented what could be seen as the worst outcome for any character who has the same thing happen to them.

The thing is, what do you do with Warren? Is he really the right character for a leadership role? Especially when part of his worth as a character is his Archangel form?

Archangel as he is now is not someone who should be leading anyone. And as the Dark Angel Saga pointed out, Archangel could be a truly devastating force if he had the opportunity.

I actually enjoyed Angel's fate after he was brought back with the Life Seed because it was just so awful. Yes, it basically protected him from anyone trying to arrest or punish him for his actions, but it also represented what could be seen as the worst outcome for any character who has the same thing happen to them.
    He doesnt need to be leader to get in the spotlight. The writers can start by moving beyond the Archangel persona being a thing and treat him as a fully integrated being with a story that moves past that. Even being a supporting player in another person's story or important figure in an X-men plot would be better than the default Warren must fight against is dark side which is what everyone has done since UXF.