Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Thanks, Ross has always been a hit or miss for me personally...just have the kids get aged up somehow and then not hate their parents and they'd be fine...

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Probably the most iconic image of Warren ever. And it gets you right here.
    It's a nice piece of art by Ross, the way he saves that little girl. But, it's not one of my favorites. I prefer the Metal winged Archangel version of Warren, and the one with out the Archangel split personality. I'm not fond of Warren as the guardian Angel type. I think that he works better as Archangel. The aloof, standoffish, more violent version of the character, who is more willing to kill enemies.

Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyyyke View Post

I think that these two pictures are better than the Ross one.

But, that is just my opinion. And, art is a subjective thing.
    Last edited by Thievery; 02-20-2019 at 09:37 AM.

Ultimate Member

I like Warren's wings to look less like the feathered wings when he's in his Archangel mode, would love to see the whole dual personality thing be gotten rid of immediately and moved on from, so then I liked the 90's look of his wings rather than the more recent ones...

Aside from that he could be both the guardian angel and the avenging angel, just depends on if the other character is a friend of his or not...Warren was the rich proud arrogant jerk that learned a fair amount of humility over the years, most of it literally beaten into him...

I fear after AoX is over they'll keep the dual minds thing or just relegate him to the background and focus on Jean and Scott and such...that and any characterization that Betsy gets will be few and far between...

I finally was able to read Age of X-Man:NextGen #1. I thought that it was a really nice issue. I think that it might be my favorite AoXM comic that I have read so far. I felt that did some nice work with the students. I'm still not not to fond of Glob, though. For a story about teens rebelling against authority and school propaganda, I thought it was all right.

I was disappointed that Angel didn't appear though. All that he got was a mention by Pixie. I was really hoping to see more of his role in the comic. I guess that he will end up being the teacher that the students rebel against.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I like Warren's wings to look less like the feathered wings when he's in his Archangel mode, would love to see the whole dual personality thing be gotten rid of immediately and moved on from, so then I liked the 90's look of his wings rather than the more recent ones...

Aside from that he could be both the guardian angel and the avenging angel, just depends on if the other character is a friend of his or not...Warren was the rich proud arrogant jerk that learned a fair amount of humility over the years, most of it literally beaten into him...

I fear after AoX is over they'll keep the dual minds thing or just relegate him to the background and focus on Jean and Scott and such...that and any characterization that Betsy gets will be few and far between...
    I still like to see Warren get lessons beaten into him.

I think that I have said this before, but after AoXM ends, I wouldn't mind seeing Warren carry on in some sort of mentor role for the New X-Men characters. It wouldn't be a role that I would expect him to take on, and it would give him some new stories.

Ultimate Member

Or be a way to shunt him off into the background, and before AoX those same New X-Men characters weren't that interested in having a mentor iirc...

Just not the same lesson over and over again...

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Deleted post!
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 02-24-2019 at 10:14 PM.

And as I have been rediscovering the X-Books I'll be making my way to Warren soon but as I understand it he has died and been resurrected again and white (flying "Joseph") and then blue and bad again now. Oye Vey. Which Angel do you prefer?

Nifty desktop wallpaper. I can see why so many prefer Archangel as no one really knows what to do with original Angel outside of the X-Men's bank and just flying around, though I loved him in the Defenders.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 02-24-2019 at 10:45 PM.

Another deleted post by me. %!@#!

And as I have been rediscovering the X-Books I'll be making my way to Warren soon but as I understand it he has died and been resurrected again and white (flying "Joseph") and then blue and bad again now. Oye Vey. Which Angel do you prefer?

Nifty desktop wallpaper. I can see why so many prefer Archangel as no one really knows what to do with original Angel outside of the X-Men's bank and just flying around, though I loved him in the Defenders.
    I would like his happy persona with his Archangel look. It is okay to be serious and down but it does not always define you, there are other emotions.
    Also yay on Defenders!!!
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    I would like his happy persona with his Archangel look. It is okay to be serious and down but it does not always define you, there are other emotions.
    Also yay on Defenders!!!
    Very true!

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    It's a nice piece of art by Ross, the way he saves that little girl. But, it's not one of my favorites. I prefer the Metal winged Archangel version of Warren, and the one with out the Archangel split personality. I'm not fond of Warren as the guardian Angel type. I think that he works better as Archangel. The aloof, standoffish, more violent version of the character, who is more willing to kill enemies.

Just my opinion.

I think that these two pictures are better than the Ross one.

But, that is just my opinion. And, art is a subjective thing.
    Whoops! I feel kind of dumb now. Not seeing this. Well, I didn't post it out of preference as I enjoy both incarnations. But Archangel is obviously the version you prefer.

Ultimate Member

Archangel is his edgier and darker look and the version that marvel seems to really prefer...

Or be a way to shunt him off into the background, and before AoX those same New X-Men characters weren't that interested in having a mentor iirc...

Just not the same lesson over and over again...
    I just like the idea of Warren becoming a teacher figure. If you don't like the idea of Angel working with the New X-Men kids, then that is fine. It likely wont be followed up on any way.

I don't know how that it is an automatic ticket to Limbo for Angel, or becoming a background character, though. It seems more likely to actually drag Angel out of the background to me. It's not like Angel had anything better going on anyway.

Well, I prefer the metal winged Archangel design without the psychotic split personality. I think that it helps him stand out from the pack more.

All you have to do is go to sites like Pininterest and Deviant Art to find better looking angel designs than Warren's plain Angel costume and look. Compared to other pieces of art of other angels, I really think that Warren's Archangel design is the only one that stands out next to the art pieces of the non-Warren angel characters. That's just my opinion.

But, if you prefer the Defenders version of Angel, that's fine. It's a free forum, and we are all entitled to our own opinions.
    And, I did enjoy many of Warren's Defender's stories.

Archangel is his edgier and darker look and the version that marvel seems to really prefer...

Again, I think that the Archangel version of Warren helps him to stand out of the pack more. I think that Marvel probably has an easier time coming up with better stories for the Archangel version of Warren than his plain Angel version. I think that there is more to work with Archangel. That's just my opinion.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    I just like the idea of Warren becoming a teacher figure. If you don't like the idea of Angel working with the New X-Men kids, then that is fine. It likely wont be followed up on any way.

I don't know how that it is an automatic ticket to Limbo for Angel, or becoming a background character, though. It seems more likely to actually drag Angel out of the background to me. It's not like Angel had anything better going on anyway.
    I'm not saying that its automatic but just that it could be an easy way for Marvel to do that if they wanted to...