Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

With the caption, take the last cookie will you!!!... heh...

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Why would he show up? His the blank persona that Warren's body took after he died. Warren is back and alive. I see no reason why Hippy should ever be a factor again

He was last seen in Bunn's Apocaypse Wars story. All aspects of Warren were left fully integrated into one being
    Well, that's why I'm a little bit afraid that NuAngel could come back.
    I thought that NuAngel was integrated into Archangel with the rest of Warren's aspects. I hope that you are right and that I am wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Sadly until some other writer wants to change things like Kyle and Yost did when they changed that his feathered wings were just techno ones to look like feathers and his metal wings came back, only saying that Warren is a character that writers mess with a lot...sadly...
    I'm glad that Kyle and Yost brought the metal wings back. They are my favorite version of Warren. And, he does seem to get used more often as Archangel than he does as regular, plain Angel.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post

Sorry, I meant to respond to this in previous post. That's a great picture of Archangel. Thank you for posting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    Well, that's why I'm a little bit afraid that NuAngel could come back.
    I thought that NuAngel was integrated into Archangel with the rest of Warren's aspects. I hope that you are right and that I am wrong.
    Me too. Not really interested in going through that again.

I'm glad that Kyle and Yost brought the metal wings back. They are my favorite version of Warren. And, he does seem to get used more often as Archangel than he does as regular, plain Angel.
    Agreed. Even without the skull-themed headgear/mask, Warren's Archangel is still an all-time favorite because of those killer wings.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Me too. Not really interested in going through that again.

Agreed. Even without the skull-themed headgear/mask, Warren's Archangel is still an all-time favorite because of those killer wings.
    Yeah, I really like Warren's metal wings. I prefer his black and silver, or blue and silver Archangel costume from Bunn's Uncanny to his original blue and magenta Archangel uniform. The blue and Magenta may be considered more iconic to many other fans though.

The Mutant Massacre and Fall of the Mutants are probably Archangel's most iconic stories. But I like Inferno, X-Cutioner's Song, Kyle/Yost's X-Force, and Bunn's Uncanny stories where Archangel is with the Sleeper mutants. What are your favorite Archangel stories ?

Its time Warren got a storyline. Its really been all about Archangel for the past decade, but Warren the person, hasnt had anything to do

Ultimate Member

Most of his recent run of non stories started with Kyle and Yost changing his feathered wings to not being actual feathers but just part of what Apocalypse did to him, so he needs stories that don't include two persona's in his head and needing anybody to control himself...

Yeah, I really like Warren's metal wings. I prefer his black and silver, or blue and silver Archangel costume from Bunn's Uncanny to his original blue and magenta Archangel uniform. The blue and Magenta may be considered more iconic to many other fans though.
    I'm rather partial towards Archangel's Horsemen outfit from Simonson's run on X-Factor.

As for my question: Do you prefer Warren with or without hair?

The Mutant Massacre and Fall of the Mutants are probably Archangel's most iconic stories. But I like Inferno, X-Cutioner's Song, Kyle/Yost's X-Force, and Bunn's Uncanny stories where Archangel is with the Sleeper mutants. What are your favorite Archangel stories ?
    Sadly, I really haven't been keeping up. I bowed out right after Olivier Coipel stopped doing artwork for the all-female team of Brian Wood's X-Men.
    However, I did read the classics and my list is very similar to your favorites. And my all-time favorite would be the exchange between Archangel & Apocalypse near the end of X-Cutioner's Song, where Warren gave his speech and left his "father" to perish. Such a triumphant moment for the Angel of Death.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 08-19-2019 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Made a correction.

I'm rather partial towards Archangel's Horsemen outfit from Simonson's run on X-Factor.

Whean has he ever been bald?

Whean has he ever been bald?
    IIRC, Dazzler was the one who made the bald comment during Inferno.

He wasnt bald; he had a skullcap. Were you asking if we prefer Warren with his hair exposed or covered up when in costume?

He wasnt bald; he had a skullcap. Were you asking if we prefer Warren with his hair exposed or covered up when in costume?
    Yeah, you're right. That's a much better question.

Yeah, you're right. That's a much better question.
    It depends. Warren has only worn a skullcap in the original O5 costume and I didnt like it. He looks better with hair exposed

Archangel is a different story. I think his costumes are better with a skullcap. He looked off in the mid 90s without it

It depends. Warren has only worn a skullcap in the original O5 costume and I didnt like it. He looks better with hair exposed
    Agreed. Hair exposed with the red & white costume and yellow halo on his chest.

Archangel is a different story. I think his costumes are better with a skullcap. He looked off in the mid 90s without it
    To the utmost, I agree. Walt Simonson knew what he was doing.

Like Havok83 says, it depends on what version of Warren you are looking at. With his old halo costume, I think that he looks better with his hair exposed. With the Archangel costume, I prefer the skullcap.

I thought Warren looked off in the 90's wearing the halo costume in general. Those halo outfits just didn't go well with Archangel's metal wings/blue skin. Especially the red one. That's just my opinion. Some others may have liked the way that those colors looked togather.

Agreed. Hair exposed with the red & white costume and yellow halo on his chest.
    As for the halo costume itself, I think that if Warren were to go back to wearing something like those, he should use some sort of new colors with them. Maybe it could be purple and black instead
    I hope that doesn't go back to the halo costume though.

Dazzler calls him blue-skinned and bald, and that it is a waste. I can see how it could be read that Warren was bald, but other stories have shown him to have hair under the skullcap.