Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Maybe the whole Death persona is "infecting" Warren and it's actually part of the original horseman of death and when Apocalypse brings them back it fixes Warren back to his old self for good...or something like that...

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    After looking at this wonderful cover, I nearly forgotten how many great costumes (and some major duds) Warren had. The best is still Neal Adam's dark blue and white one. Can't be beat. But I do love his X-Force (Black and Silver) Archangel look. While I can appreciate Walter Simonson's creation, blue and magenta are not very intimidating.

The worst is definitely the red, yellow and blue look from the 60s.
    This cover is amazing ! My favourites are the classic Neal adams I also loved the "reboot warren" costume. Funny how they nailed his costume so early in his career.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Maybe the whole Death persona is "infecting" Warren and it's actually part of the original horseman of death and when Apocalypse brings them back it fixes Warren back to his old self for good...or something like that...
    Maybe. But, we don't know what the original Death's personality was like. And, every X-Man character who became Death still had their personality and memories intact. Just a little bit of brainwashing was in effect.

Also, Archangel actually became Apocalypse. If Apocalypse wanted the original Death Horseman to take his place, shouldn't he have just had that Death take over Warren's mind and body entirely. We saw during Dark Angel Saga that there was still some of Warren in that Archangel version of Apocalypse. Warren was even allowed to choose his own Death to act as his successor, and he chose Psylocke, a character he had ties with.

Or Apocalypse could have even had some sort of backup plan that would have freed original Death from his/her imprisonment if he wanted that Death to take over if Apocalypse was killed. I don't see why you would use a proxy to take that Death's place, and let the new death run things.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

I didnt realize Warren used to wield a gun
    I looove this cover. Who illustrated this? I want a poster of this!

Quote Originally Posted by Mapangahas View Post
    I looove this cover. Who illustrated this? I want a poster of this!
    I believe that the artist is Juan Cabal

So
    spoilers:
    he's not blue anymore
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    So
    spoilers:
    he's not blue anymore
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    He hasnt been blue in ages. He only turns that way when in Archangel form and wasnt like that in this issue
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    He hasnt been blue in ages. He only turns that way when in Archangel form and wasnt like that in this issue
    end of spoilers
    Really? Last I recall he was still blue. Like in Bunncanny and this year before AoX. Also, in HoX 3. Since I haven't seen his non blue, thought it was new. Guess I was wrong. Anyway, I'm still happy to see this blonde looking less disturbed.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    Really? Last I recall he was still blue. Like in Bunncanny and this year before AoX. Also, in HoX 3. Since I haven't seen his non blue, thought it was new. Guess I was wrong. Anyway, I'm still happy to see this blonde looking less disturbed.
    Archangel is Blue but plain ol Warren has white skin. He had it in Iceman's solo and Astonishing X-men last year. He also had white skin in Disassembled

Last edited by Havok83; 09-18-2019 at 11:01 AM.

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Warren doesn't need metal wings or fire wings or light wings to be interesting. His feathered wings are enough.

The healing blood thing was OK and I liked how in First Class he was shown to have the potential to have a healing touch.

Even though I love Archangel as well as his Angel version, I hate how some of the creators thinks he has to have more than regular wings to be cool.

I do love his ability to transform between Angel and Archangel. The best of both worlds approach tends to be the best alternative with characters like this with very different versions. Wish they would do the same with Jean.

It would also be cool if they gave his feathered wings super strength and invulnerability. Then he wouldn't even need the metal wings to fight sentinels or powerful enemies.

Archangel is Blue but plain ol Warren has white skin. He had it in Iceman's solo and Astonishing X-men last year. He also had white skin in Disassembled
    I like the blue skin version of Archangel with the metal wings the best, but I am hoping that we get a new version of Archangel out of this. He could keep the metal wings, but not have the blue skin or the Death split personality. Maybe he is willing to still use the metal wings for lethal purposes, but he would remain in complete control of himself, with out the split personality influencing him.

Or maybe there is a better idea for what looks to me to be a new version of Warren, just going off of what happened in HoX #5. We still don't know how Hickman plans to write him.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    Warren doesn't need metal wings or fire wings or light wings to be interesting. His feathered wings are enough.

The healing blood thing was OK and I liked how in First Class he was shown to have the potential to have a healing touch.

Even though I love Archangel as well as his Angel version, I hate how some of the creators thinks he has to have more than regular wings to be cool.

I do love his ability to transform between Angel and Archangel. The best of both worlds approach tends to be the best alternative with characters like this with very different versions. Wish they would do the same with Jean.

It would also be cool if they gave his feathered wings super strength and invulnerability. Then he wouldn't even need the metal wings to fight sentinels or powerful enemies.
    Well, I prefer the metal wings. Partly because they just look better, and partly because they are part of his most famous stories, the Mutant Massacre, and his transformation into a Horseman by Apocalypse. And, really, the large majority of Warren's best stories come from being Archangel. Including the Kyle/Yost X-Force.

I have to say, I think that Warren receives more stories from writers when he has the metal wings is because he is just a more interesting character with those wings and story background.

Warren being more interesting as Archangel is just my opinion, and if you like the feather wings better that's fine. It's a free forum for every one.

I've stated this in the past, but while I used to like the Angel/Archangel split personality and his ability to transform back and forth, I've become tired of it. It just seems to lead to him repeating the same stories over and over again.
    That's Just my opinion.

I'm indifferent to the healing blood and energy wings. The healing blood seemed a little bit impractical, and we already have to many mutants with the ability to heal already. But, if you like them, that's cool. It's a free forum.

I have to say though that it seems strange that you don't think that Warren needs the metal wings, but then you suggest that Warren's feathered wings should be given super strength to make him more useful in combat.
    But, it is a new idea, and if you like it, then role with it.
    Last edited by Thievery; 09-18-2019 at 11:18 PM.

Ultimate Member

Yeah the whole split personality mess should be done away with as soon as possible, done away with and stayed away from...

Warren was white with metal wings in the last issue of HoX. That may mean that the split personality really is gone. If that's the case, then Marvel will likely have to come up with something new for Warren to take the split personalities place. We haven't seen Warren appear in any of the Dawn of X titles. I guess that he might fit in with the Hell Fire Club, but I think that I would rather see him get a spot in one of the Wave Two. Would Warren's attack on the Orchis station cause all of his wealth and assets to be frozen?
    X-Men comics.

There's also still the possibility that Orchis having Warren's complete body and DNA could be used in a story.

Ultimate Member

Let's hope the split personality junk is truly gone, though I would be okay with the darker side of him getting its own body and being like his opposite, the two would not be close enough that anybody would confuse the two though...

BANNED

Love the split personality for the character since both Angel and Archangel are engaging to read about like Mary Walker, Typhoid Mary and Bloody Mary!