Page 22 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

I just meant that if he didn't have any romantic feelings towards the twins mother then him meeting her wouldn't be that big of a deal to him especially if the twins are now fully out of the picture, and Warren could just be playing along while looking for a way out of AoX...

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    The camera was too clearly focused on to be meaningless.
    Sorry that it took me a while to respond to your answer.

The camera panel looks like an obvious plot point to me, but I've seen other panels in the past that looked way more obvious to me to mean something important, only to be wrong. I've ended up completely misinterpreting a story.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I just meant that if he didn't have any romantic feelings towards the twins mother then him meeting her wouldn't be that big of a deal to him especially if the twins are now fully out of the picture, and Warren could just be playing along while looking for a way out of AoX...
    I'll try to explain myself one more time.

I doubt if Warren would find the Twins to be completely meaningless to him. They were the result of a story that has haunted Angel for a long time now. And, I kind of doubt that most parents would be completely disinterested in their kids. You do have deadbeat parents know and then, but I think that a super hero type character would be interested in a pair of his kids that did as much damage as the Twins ended up causing.

Angel doesn't have to have any sort of romantic feelings for Ichisume for her to be a good villain for him. I think that she would be the one obsessed with him because they did have kids togather.

I guess that I am just more interested in Ichisume and the twins than just about everyone else on this forum.

Ultimate Member

Then again without the Apocalypse bit within him she might not want to have anything to do with him...and not sure how much Warren really views himself as their father rather than being taken advantage of in a sense...

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post

But, if Angel does have role in the story, which side do you think that he is on? Before it felt for sure that he was on Nate's side, and had the life seed. But, there was a camera watching Angel as he ripped of some of the propaganda from the bulletin board. The video camera could have been placed there by Nate to keep an eye on things, or it could have been placed there by Apocalypse. Or I could be reading to much into things, and the camera is meaningless.
    The camera was too clearly focused on to be meaningless.
    Well, I was kind of wrong. The camera was put there by Angel himself. See, I really do get things that should be obvious wrong more often than not.

Then again without the Apocalypse bit within him she might not want to have anything to do with him...and not sure how much Warren really views himself as their father rather than being taken advantage of in a sense...
    Well, okay. I just thought that if Marvel was going to use Archangel with Apocalypse in another story, using Ichisume and the Twins would be a new way of doing that story.

But, since the Hickman stuff is being advertised as being new ideas, we may not get Archangel stories that lean so heavily on Apocalypse, wich means the Twins wouldn't probably be needed much anymore. And that wouldn't bother me. I would be perfectly happy if Warren's stories didn't rely on Apocalypse so often. Just so long as he keeps his metal wings.

Ultimate Member

I'm just going to guess that Hickman will get rid of the twins completely and it looks like he's going to keep the blue skin and metal wings...kind of always thought that the metal wings and blue skin and Betsy being in the different body was one reason that Betsy and Warren worked...a shared similar traumatic change to them...

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

I imagine Hickman will have him be able to switch, which really is the best option.

Ultimate Member

Just as long as Hickman doesn't keep up the two personalities within Warren then that'd be fine by me...

Comic Geek in General

Seems like by the covers Warren is back as Archangel.......maybe his time in AoX was that bad......(while Kurt doesn’t seem that different , Jean went back to the Marvel Girl Costume......) Either that or Stryfe messes up history, Cable does what he can but things are different......or Warren Lost then ability to switch......

I imagine Hickman will have him be able to switch, which really is the best option.
    I used to like the ability for Warren to switch, with different personalities. It helped him stand out from the other X-Men. But, and I've said this before, I think that his ability to switch back and forth could lead to him becoming a villain again. It could lead to another story about Archangel being possessed by Apocalypse, and becoming a mass murderer again That is some thing that I would most definitely not like.

Just as long as Hickman doesn't keep up the two personalities within Warren then that'd be fine by me...
    I'm not sur what the point would be if Warren were able to switch back and forth between the two forms without the multiple personalities. He'd just use the Archangel form every time that he got into a fight. Really, I don't think that there would be any drama or story involved otherwise. Not that I want the multiple personalities back.

But, I want to keep an open mind about what might happen in Hickman's X-Men. He may have a great story in mind for Warren's split personalities, if that is the direction that he wants to take Warren in. Maybe he has a new idea for how to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Decoy View Post
    Seems like by the covers Warren is back as Archangel.......maybe his time in AoX was that bad......(while Kurt doesn’t seem that different , Jean went back to the Marvel Girl Costume......) Either that or Stryfe messes up history, Cable does what he can but things are different......or Warren Lost then ability to switch......
    Warren still had the ability to switch back and forth between his to forms before disassembled.
    I haven't really read anything by Hickman that I can recall, but from what I have heard about his stories, he seems to like time travel and alternate realities. So you could easily be right about history being messed up by one of the characters.

We will just have to read the comics to find out what is going to happen. And, I want to keep an open mind about the upcoming stories, and not make a decision as to weather I like them or not based on interviews alone.
    Last edited by Thievery; 05-18-2019 at 06:11 AM.

accidental post
    Last edited by Snoop Dogg; 05-18-2019 at 06:40 AM.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

bring normal hot warren back and make archangel a super mode/limit break
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Comic Geek in General

I always thought the Metal Wings of Archangel made him more of a threat amongst the Original Team (after Cyke’s Optic Blasts), as a way to make him stand out when compared to say Wolverine

I always thought the Metal Wings of Archangel made him more of a threat amongst the Original Team (after Cyke’s Optic Blasts), as a way to make him stand out when compared to say Wolverine
    Its easier to write him offensively with them. With just his feathers, he's primarily used for recon, carrying people and feats where he's dodging things. Giving him an offensive power works better for the types of fight scenarios that writers tend to do. Dodge and punch is pretty specific and more boring

Hope Hickman remembers that Warren is still charge of an army of mutant soldiers

Ultimate Member

With the maybe changing history and such it sounds a lot like AoX in many ways, and maybe the metal winged version could only be used for short bits of time or his armored up form or something...