Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

I don't expect it to last past AoX as I can't see 616 Betsy ever dating him, so I'll hold off on the rioting unless they try to continue it after the event ends...as for Warren who knows how he'll be after AoX ends, hopefully better, and perhaps Betsy will need someone to cleanse any memories of Blob out of her mind and Warren would be perfect for that...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I don't expect it to last past AoX as I can't see 616 Betsy ever dating him, so I'll hold off on the rioting unless they try to continue it after the event ends...as for Warren who knows how he'll be after AoX ends, hopefully better, and perhaps Betsy will need someone to cleanse any memories of Blob out of her mind and Warren would be perfect for that...
    Well, it's always possible that at least some of these characters will remember AoXM. It is the actual 616 characters transported to another reality. The original AoA was an entirely different reality, and the characters would have no reason to remember what happened there. Being alternate reality characters was also how people like X-Man, Dark Beast, and Sugar Man were able to cross into the 616 reality. They didn't already exist in 616.

I've never really liked Blob. He's just a complete crap character, in my opinion. But, I think that it might be interesting to see Psylocke remember being in a relationship with someone who is a complete bastard, like Blob.

I am disappointed that we still don't know where Archangel will be appearing yet. I probably wont be able to afford all of these books, and I'd like to know what comic he will be in just so I know which comics to spend my money on.
    I don't know how Archangel would be able to cleanse any memories that Psylocke has of being with Blob. Sorry, Logan.

Extraordinary Member

You can check comicvine. It may be a day or two after the comic comes out, but you will knit if he's in a book or not.

Ultimate Member

I just meant that Warren could be how Betsy tries to distance herself from what happens in the AoX verse, as he's about as far from Blob as you can get and she actually loves him back without having her head messed with by Nate...

Or the Blob pairing is just a red herring or maybe the writer wanted to have a certain pairing but couldn't so then responded by writing Betsy into the most outlandish pairing that she could think of...or something along those lines...

Though more than likely the X-Men don't know that Nate messed with their heads, otherwise they wouldn't be acting the way that they seem to in the covers and such...

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    You can check comicvine. It may be a day or two after the comic comes out, but you will knit if he's in a book or not.
    Thanks. I wasn't even aware that comicvine even updated very much anymore. I could probably do the same thing here on CBR.

I guess that I would just know which comic Warren may be appearing ahead of time so I buy all of the issues. If Angel doesn't appear in a comic until issue #3 or something like that, I may have already blown my budget on something else, and wont be able to go back and get the other issues without going over budget.

I guess that I should hope that I get some kind of clue from that AoXM Alpha one shot before I cry my river.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I just meant that Warren could be how Betsy tries to distance herself from what happens in the AoX verse, as he's about as far from Blob as you can get and she actually loves him back without having her head messed with by Nate...

Or the Blob pairing is just a red herring or maybe the writer wanted to have a certain pairing but couldn't so then responded by writing Betsy into the most outlandish pairing that she could think of...or something along those lines...

Though more than likely the X-Men don't know that Nate messed with their heads, otherwise they wouldn't be acting the way that they seem to in the covers and such...
    If the writer couldn't have the pairing that she originally wanted, I'm sure that she would have had more time to come up with something that didn't require her to come up with something on the fly. I don't know. I could be wrong, but I think that the writer wanted to tell this story.

I think that it is reasonable to assume that the X-Men don't know that Nate is messing with their minds, Logan, but that doesn't mean that there cant be some kind of fallout. Including the idea that Psylocke remembers being in a relationship with a bastard like Blob, and whether or not that would effect her attitude towards him going forward.

Extraordinary Member

Comicvine's character summaries aren't updated a lot, but they keep character appearances updated pretty well.

Or, yeah, you can just ask on here.

This whole thing has got me thinking, so Nate really has just made "love" a crime? Because Blob and Betsy are both Nate's X-Men here, why should he care if they have a romance? This would also explain Nightcrawle's series.

I wonder why he would outlaw love of all things?

Ultimate Member

I didn't mean that Betsy would forget in the literal sense only that any memories that she had of Blob from the AoX would be ones that she would do anything to not think about, that she wouldn't think very nice of him as she'd know that it hadn't been the real him, and that her mind had been messed with again...

As for Warren he's probably going to do something that they don't want to hint at just yet in AoX...though I didn't mean that the writer made the pairing up on the fly just that it was one that could have been done just to do something different and such...

Comicvine's character summaries aren't updated a lot, but they keep character appearances updated pretty well.

Or, yeah, you can just ask on here.

This whole thing has got me thinking, so Nate really has just made "love" a crime? Because Blob and Betsy are both Nate's X-Men here, why should he care if they have a romance? This would also explain Nightcrawle's series.

Maybe Dani ran off with Warren.

Seriously though, I suspect Dani has something to do with it, especially given the mystery around her being in both realities at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post

Seriously though, I suspect Dani has something to do with it, especially given the mystery around her being in both realities at once.
    I would like to see Warren interact with other winged heroes and people. Especially the Angels from Heven. A winged man is an uncommon and rare sight that should be explored. It could also lead to hilarious situations.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Extraordinary Member

I am trying to figure this out. Is Nate mad that Dani isn't in love with? Why wouldn't that have been brought up before? I would honestly discredit Dani's involvement, except we already saw the Life Seed just be randomly brought up, so why not?
    Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    I would like to see Warren interact with other winged heroes and people. Especially the Angels from Heven. A winged man is an uncommon and rare sight that should be explored. It could also lead to hilarious situations.
    The Angels do have men, they're just cloistered away to live as nuns, except when they're brought out for sex.

While they might find Warren attracrive, they'd probably see him more as use as a pet or stud.

Ultimate Member

Then again they're in two different realities per se, sure they're in the Marvel U but comic book franchises only meet when they have to, otherwise in the X-world New York could be destroyed but in Spider-Man it's still fine and all...

It would make some sense if love played some kind of major role in how the X-Men defeated Nate. But, love didn't really play a big role in the Disassembled story. The closest that love came to it was the role that Psylocke and Archangel played in the story, and that didn't have a big impact in the outcome of Nate's defeat.
    The time that Jean spent trapped inside of Nate's mind had more to do with a mother's love for her son, not romantic love.

Love is meant to be determined by free will, and AoXM is meant to be a dictatorship. So maybe it is as simple as Nate seeing it as a threat to his supposed utopia.

I am trying to figure this out. Is Nate mad that Dani isn't in love with? Why wouldn't that have been brought up before? I would honestly discredit Dani's involvement, except we already saw the Life Seed just be randomly brought up, so why not?
    I think that Dani being involved in AoXM is going to be something of a clue as to why Nate has outlawed Love, seeing as she shouldn't even be in both realities. I doubt that Nate would make a copy of her just for the hell of it.

It's still a little hard to understand why Nate would have some kind of resentment towards Dani. If he could create a copy of her, surely he would create a copy that would be programed to do what he wanted her to.
    We just don't know how big of a role that Dani will play yet. She doesn't really come across as being all that important if you just go by the solicitations.
    Last edited by Thievery; 01-24-2019 at 03:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    I think that teen Angel met Angela in the Black Vortex crossover, if I remember correctly. So she already would know about Warren. And, I don't think that Angela would find anything new or unusual about Warren in any case. She's encountered plenty of super powered humans.

Ultimate Member

If memory serves teen Angel hit on Angela but she turned him down...

The Angels do have men, they're just cloistered away to live as nuns, except when they're brought out for sex.
    While they might find Warren attracrive, they'd probably see him more as use as a pet or stud.
    I am quite aware. However I mentioned winged man, they don't have those which is why I proposed it. It could lead to hilarious situations and a reversal of men fighting over women. Remember Callisto and Viper fighting over Angel in Excalibur? If there is one thing he is good at is having unwanted admirers. :P
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...