Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Well with Proteus Betsy was starting to be pulled apart by the vortex that Proteus created and Warren pulled her out, with the them being torn apart thing Warren would this time not be able to save Betsy and she'd be taken into that pocket universe or whatever this upcoming event takes place in...

I don't mean that it'd have to be Betsy that would fix his mind, I almost still think that it'd be easier to just pull the darker version of Warren out of him and into some new body, leaving he real and true Warren behind, sure he'd have a darker side like anybody else but he wouldn't have that really dark side like he has now...

By strike team I don't mean an X-Force team, more a team of a jack of all trades kind of group so not a stabby stabby strike as in kill and blow things up team, sometimes a team that could sneak in and achieve their objective and then sneak back out without being noticed that they were even there at all...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Well with Proteus Betsy was starting to be pulled apart by the vortex that Proteus created and Warren pulled her out, with the them being torn apart thing Warren would this time not be able to save Betsy and she'd be taken into that pocket universe or whatever this upcoming event takes place in...

I don't mean that it'd have to be Betsy that would fix his mind, I almost still think that it'd be easier to just pull the darker version of Warren out of him and into some new body, leaving he real and true Warren behind, sure he'd have a darker side like anybody else but he wouldn't have that really dark side like he has now...

By strike team I don't mean an X-Force team, more a team of a jack of all trades kind of group so not a stabby stabby strike as in kill and blow things up team, sometimes a team that could sneak in and achieve their objective and then sneak back out without being noticed that they were even there at all...
    Okay, I get what you are talking about with Archangel and Psylocke getting pulled apart again. I have to say that I hope that that story wouldn't be reused again so soon as it happened recently in Astonishing.

Unless Archangel suddenly has a change of mind, I don't think that he would care about Psylocke being pulled into the Age of X-Man pocket universe. He pretty much stated that he would hate Psylocke forever, and never forgive her for turning him back into Archangel. I know that you still love Archangel/Psylocke, Logan, but I think that this should be the final nail in the coffin of their relationship. They should both move on to new and hopefully better stories. That's just my opinion, and feel free to disagree.

When I suggested that Archangel would end up on a team with the T O infected New Mutants, I wasn't really thinking of them acting as an X-Force type murder squad. I was thinking more along the lines of a Tech based team seeing as the New Mutants are currently infected with the T O virus. That and maybe some magic stories, seeing as Magik would be involved. I've got some ideas for it forming in my head, but nothing complete enough to offer in this thread yet.

Ultimate Member

I also think that Warren can be a hothead and say things off of his emotions and then later come to his senses, I mean how many times have X-characters gotten emotional and said things that they didn't mean later on. That and a different writer could easily have a VERY different take on that, so for a pairing as big for the characters involved I don't believe that it'll be the end of their pairing for good, this is comics, if the next writer wanted to ignore that Warren ever said that then they could, easily.

An X-Force type murder squad was my view of what I thought that you thought my strike team idea was...

As for them being pulled apart it all depends I guess on how the X-characters that get pulled or sent into that upcoming event get pulled or sent there...

I also think that Warren can be a hothead and say things off of his emotions and then later come to his senses, I mean how many times have X-characters gotten emotional and said things that they didn't mean later on. That and a different writer could easily have a VERY different take on that, so for a pairing as big for the characters involved I don't believe that it'll be the end of their pairing for good, this is comics, if the next writer wanted to ignore that Warren ever said that then they could, easily.

An X-Force type murder squad was my view of what I thought that you thought my strike team idea was...

As for them being pulled apart it all depends I guess on how the X-characters that get pulled or sent into that upcoming event get pulled or sent there...
    Alright, I still think that Disassembled is meant to end Psylocke/Archangel. That was some really harsh **** that Warren said. Their horrible break-up could be part of a new story that both characters need. That's just my opinion.
    I honestly think that this is the end of the road for them, unless Disassembled is generating a lot of sales, and the PSylocke/Archangel thing is seen as being part of the reason for the sales. And I find that to be a little unlikely.

And with that statement out of the way, I want to keep talking about some new stories for Archangel. I suggested the idea of Warren working with the T O infected New Mutants. Now that wont happen on panel, and it does seem as though the T O plot will be resolved in Uncanny, probably with most, if not all of the T O characters being cured. But it could still be fun to do a little bit of speculation on what might have happened.
    So what if while working with the T O infected New Mutants, the Phalanx version Candy Southern were to return, along with Cameron Hodge I didn't really care for when Hodge used her as part of the Phalanx story originally, as I thought that it undercut the original Archangel story, but maybe we could get something out of that. Candy could either as a T O infected villain, or maybe even as new partner for Warren.

Would that work as the start of a new Archangel story for you, Logan?

Ultimate Member

I doubt that it's the end for W/B, if anything it'd be the end of it for a bit or Warren could easily just be said to have been not right in the head when he said all of that...I think that it's about as likely to be the true end of the road for them as whether Scott and Jean will never get back together again ever...so I don't think that it'll ever truly be over between them, just takes a writer that wants them together and they'd be fine, move them forward together and it'd be fine for them....

As for the rest nah they already did a Phalanx or robotic Candy and he's had to go through her death twice now, I'd rather they not do it for a third time...

Any new start for Warren for me would involve getting rid of the dark persona in his head and then starting anew with Betsy imho...away from Scott and Jean and Logan...

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngelSliver View Post
    Alright, I still think that Disassembled is meant to end Psylocke/Archangel. That was some really harsh **** that Warren said. Their horrible break-up could be part of a new story that both characters need. That's just my opinion.
    I honestly think that this is the end of the road for them, unless Disassembled is generating a lot of sales, and the PSylocke/Archangel thing is seen as being part of the reason for the sales. And I find that to be a little unlikely.
    You are not the only one. Psylocke/Angel has overstayed its welcomed. People at Marvel started realizing they are not that good for eachother for various reasons, especially since writers and editors can't decide which version of Angel to use. Using regular Angel = weak, Archangel = somewhat badass. Angel and Psylockes miniseries as a couple sold okay. Most media don't even bother to put them together. X-Men evolution- single, WATXM - single and angry, X-Men 3 - single and fan service, X-Men Apocalypse - single, dead, and Bryan Singer service. Outside the comics nobody even knows they are in a relationship opposed to the Jean, Scott, and Wolverine Drama. Even Storm and Kurt get into the action but not pigeon boy.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

I doubt that it's the end for W/B, if anything it'd be the end of it for a bit or Warren could easily just be said to have been not right in the head when he said all of that...I think that it's about as likely to be the true end of the road for them as whether Scott and Jean will never get back together again ever...so I don't think that it'll ever truly be over between them, just takes a writer that wants them together and they'd be fine, move them forward together and it'd be fine for them....

As for the rest nah they already did a Phalanx or robotic Candy and he's had to go through her death twice now, I'd rather they not do it for a third time...

Any new start for Warren for me would involve getting rid of the dark persona in his head and then starting anew with Betsy imho...away from Scott and Jean and Logan...
    Well, Logan, you are right that it only takes one writer to want Archangel/Psylocke back togather. But what has happened between Warren and Betsy in Disassembled thus far doesn't look like something that you get past. Well not in my opinion. It just looks like Marvel is trying awfully hard to spike these two. Well, in my opinion it does. We don't even know if Archangel will even survive Disassembled. We'll just have to keep reading to find out.

In regards to my story idea of T O Candy coming back, I just thought that she would fit in with the T O characters my story idea had Archangel working with. She wouldn't have to die, or even be Archangel's girlfriend. She could just be part of the story. Would that make you interested in my idea? Or are you just not interested in it in general. Nothing wrong if you don't like it.

I've said often that I want Warren to be rid of his dark persona, but that he should remain in his Archangel form permanently. I don't mind if he kills villains, though. So we agree there.

I want Angel to interact with characters that he isn't normally shown with, like Polaris, Moonstar, and Magik, and not just the usual suspects. But you seem to be particularly against Warren being near Scott, Jean, and Logan, I don't think you have to worry about Angel becoming involved in a triangle with Jean and one of the others, if that is why you are against them being around Archangel. Or is it something else about them that bothers you?

As far as your idea for Warren to lead his own strike team, what would make that team different from the current X-Force team? I'm not trying to criticize you. I'm just interested.

EDIT: If any other member likes the Psylocke/Archangel romance and wants to talk about it in this thread, go ahead. You wont be attacked for it. I promise. We only do that to LoganAlpha30X33. Any one else has some new ideas, don't be afraid to share them.
    Last edited by Thievery; 01-08-2019 at 06:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    You are not the only one. Psylocke/Angel has overstayed its welcomed. People at Marvel started realizing they are not that good for eachother for various reasons, especially since writers and editors can't decide which version of Angel to use. Using regular Angel = weak, Archangel = somewhat badass. Angel and Psylockes miniseries as a couple sold okay. Most media don't even bother to put them together. X-Men evolution- single, WATXM - single and angry, X-Men 3 - single and fan service, X-Men Apocalypse - single, dead, and Bryan Singer service. Outside the comics nobody even knows they are in a relationship opposed to the Jean, Scott, and Wolverine Drama. Even Storm and Kurt get into the action but not pigeon boy.
    Yeah, one of the big problems for Psylocke/Archangel is that writers keep changing which version of Archangel that Warren is. And it seems like every time that Warren is changed, Psylocke an Warren get put in another story where Betsy tries to fix Warren's mind.
    So, yeah, definitely time for these two to go.
    I don't know much about the X-Men outside of the comics, so I cant really comment on how Angel and Psylocke are used in other forms of media.
    Last edited by Thievery; 01-08-2019 at 06:35 AM.

Ultimate Member

Well it's not like either one of the pair went off and cheated on the other or started dating somebody else and in the X-comics the big relationship are rarely ever gone if at all so I'd say that there's nothing that's happened that the two can't get over, just as long as they're both alive afterwards...

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngelSliver View Post
    Yeah, one of the big problems for Psylocke/Archangel is that writers keep changing which version of Archangel that Warren is. And it seems like every time that Warren is changed, Psylocke an Warren get put in another story where Betsy tries to fix Warren's mind.
    So, yeah, definitely time for these two to go.
    I don't know much about the X-Men outside of the comics, so I cant really comment on how Angel and Psylocke are used in other forms of media.
    Its the reason why I feel that either a writer or an editor should merge the two into one distinct being. They should write Warren as a former Horseman of Apocalypse who is doing his best to the superhero he always wanted to be before losing his wings thing. Also give him an interesting relationship with Apocalypse where he is not angry and murderous all the time when they meet. For once I want to see some meta commentary when he does lose his wings and be like here it goes again why do they always mutilate/attack the wings. Even the writers lampshaded the weird way Psylocke was paired with Warren. First they get rid of Charlotte, she only appeared for 6 issues in X-Men, then they at least give Candy Justice, after that they were like hey you are a couple now... It felt awfully disjointed. I also want to add that Angel's treatment outside the comics is just abyssmal. He is the Aquaman of the X-Men. Hopefully Deadpool can fix it or the new Marvel merger.
    The majority of comic readers aren't excited for Psylocke and Angel, even outside these forums the same opinion stands. It has been driven to the ground and people were more excited for other relationships Betsy has had than with Warren. Of course this is before the whole Fantomex mess happened with Humphries. Warren however I feel nobody knows who to pair him with because they somehow made it a rule that x-men must date x-men. Glad Bobby dodge that. They need to pair him with a human character where he doesn't have to encounter the problem of being overshadowed or being plain. Its the same reason why the Black Panther and Storm relationship was horrible for Storm. They took away her strength so she could be saved by T'challa. Same thing with Warren and people are just tired.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Ultimate Member

It'd all work out fine if they just allowed Warren to move beyond the having two minds in his head or however they'd describe it and then both could move on beyond that, over the years Warren has dated at least two women that weren't X-ladies but those relationships didn't work and aren't about to change...and I wouldn't want Warren to always be saving Betsy or vice versa...

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    Its the reason why I feel that either a writer or an editor should merge the two into one distinct being. They should write Warren as a former Horseman of Apocalypse who is doing his best to the superhero he always wanted to be before losing his wings thing. Also give him an interesting relationship with Apocalypse where he is not angry and murderous all the time when they meet. For once I want to see some meta commentary when he does lose his wings and be like here it goes again why do they always mutilate/attack the wings. Even the writers lampshaded the weird way Psylocke was paired with Warren. First they get rid of Charlotte, she only appeared for 6 issues in X-Men, then they at least give Candy Justice, after that they were like hey you are a couple now... It felt awfully disjointed. I also want to add that Angel's treatment outside the comics is just abyssmal. He is the Aquaman of the X-Men. Hopefully Deadpool can fix it or the new Marvel merger.
    The majority of comic readers aren't excited for Psylocke and Angel, even outside these forums the same opinion stands. It has been driven to the ground and people were more excited for other relationships Betsy has had than with Warren. Of course this is before the whole Fantomex mess happened with Humphries. Warren however I feel nobody knows who to pair him with because they somehow made it a rule that x-men must date x-men. Glad Bobby dodge that. They need to pair him with a human character where he doesn't have to encounter the problem of being overshadowed or being plain. Its the same reason why the Black Panther and Storm relationship was horrible for Storm. They took away her strength so she could be saved by T'challa. Same thing with Warren and people are just tired.
    thats how he is now

Ultimate Member

It's simple, get rid of the "troubled" version of Warren and he's fine and as much of an action junkie as Betsy is or he can be, they can make each other better if they're just given the chance to...

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    thats how he is now
    The problem is they keep retconning it. :/ He is just a massive revolving door.

I miss these two.