Page 20 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    He doesnt need to be leader to get in the spotlight. The writers can start by moving beyond the Archangel persona being a thing and treat him as a fully integrated being with a story that moves past that. Even being a supporting player in another person's story or important figure in an X-men plot would be better than the default Warren must fight against is dark side which is what everyone has done since UXF.
    But that's the thing, can you do that? Do a lot of writers want to?

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    But that's the thing, can you do that? Do a lot of writers want to?
    Yea you can but most writers don’t which is why we keep getting the same rehashed plot with him

Ultimate Member

Without his darker side yeah Warren is fully capable of being a great leader and certainly has the experience and talent to be a formidable fighter and leader all on his own, then if paired with someone like Psylocke imho the two could do very well together in more ways than one...

BANNED

He doesn’t have to be a leader to have good development.

Ultimate Member

True but he's been sidelined so often that he deserves a chance to be a leader imho...

BANNED

Yeah he should get a shot at being a field leader when they go on missions. But permanent leader of his own team with there own Book im not sure about. He’s never been cast in that position yet.

Ultimate Member

I thought that he had in non X-books, and back when Stacy X first showed up wasn't Warren leading that team...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I thought that he had in non X-books, and back when Stacy X first showed up wasn't Warren leading that team...
    I thought we all agreed not to speak of that?

Yes Warren was leader over in UXM for a few years in the early 00s

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    My two cents is that Angel is going to do something related to Apocalypse because at this point its his most iconic and why not status.
    I enjoy Warren and Apocalypse, so I would be fine with this.
    I enjoy Warren/Apocalypse stories, and I agree that his Morlock Massacre and original Horseman stories are his most iconic. I'd say that those stories are what put him on the map. The Archangel look and costumes are definitely his most iconic. I think those should be used for the character going forward. I just wish that Marvel would put a new spin on his Apocalypse related stories, if those are the ones that the writers want to use.

In order of importance it goes, Scott, Jean, Hank (though his Avengers stints might bump him), Bobby, then Warren
    He doesnt need to be leader to get in the spotlight. The writers can start by moving beyond the Archangel persona being a thing and treat him as a fully integrated being with a story that moves past that. Even being a supporting player in another person's story or important figure in an X-men plot would be better than the default Warren must fight against is dark side which is what everyone has done since UXF.
    I think that Warren has gotten a decent amount of panel time lately. He was in Bunn's Uncanny, Extermination, and Disassembled story that started the Uncanny relaunch. I think that it just seems as though he get's less panel time because writers keep on rehashing the " Archangel must fight against his dark side" story. It makes him feel as if he is being less used than what he actually is since they are just reusing the same stories I would still like to see him used more often though. And a great way to see him would be if he was used more in the AoXM NextGen series. He is meant to be the headmaster of the school, but we haven't actually seen him appear in the comic yet.

I disagree to an extent about Warren being last in the pecking order amongst the O5. Those characters seem to rotate in and out in terms of importance, with the exception of Cyclops, and Cyclops wasn't forced as the only important X-Man until after Morrison left. And, Iceman hasn't really received any meaningful stories until recently, after he was outed.

I understand that Warren could get some development as a support character for some other character's storyline. The problem is that he seems to be used as a support character for the usual suspects only, like Psylocke.

Quote Originally Posted by Retcon View Post
    Yeah he should get a shot at being a field leader when they go on missions. But permanent leader of his own team with there own Book im not sure about. He’s never been cast in that position yet.
    I've said this before, so I know that I will sound as like a broken record, but I think that Archangel would make for an interesting ongoing leader for the New X-Men kids after the AoXM GenNext series wraps up.
    Last edited by Thievery; 04-09-2019 at 08:22 AM.

Extraordinary Member

I like the idea that Warren would stay on as a mentor/teacher for the NextGen kids, especially when you consider that he's very much something as a cautionary tale for any young hero.

I wouldn't mind bringing back his children from Uncanny Avengers. It would tie back into his thing with Apocalypse, but in a much different way than we have seen. It would also probably break him.

Ultimate Member

I think that Warren's kids are best forgotten about or left in limbo as they seemed to be less Warren's actual kids and more just extensions of Apocalypse, not sure that there's much love if any between them really...so then just have Warren and Betsy be headliners of a book and go from there...

Extraordinary Member

I think that Warren's kids are best forgotten about or left in limbo as they seemed to be less Warren's actual kids and more just extensions of Apocalypse, not sure that there's much love if any between them really...so then just have Warren and Betsy be headliners of a book and go from there...
    Yeah, I know, that's why I want them back. It would be a genuinely heatbreaking storyline. I know it never will happen, but I want it.

Ultimate Member

It would only if Warren felt any real attachment to them, otherwise they'd be little more than another part of what Apocalypse did to him that he'd rather be free of...

I like the idea that Warren would stay on as a mentor/teacher for the NextGen kids, especially when you consider that he's very much something as a cautionary tale for any young hero.

I wouldn't mind bringing back his children from Uncanny Avengers. It would tie back into his thing with Apocalypse, but in a much different way than we have seen. It would also probably break him.
    I wouldn't mind seeing Archangel's children come back. We still haven't gotten to see what he thinks of them.
    Neither of these ideas will probably happen though, so I'm not getting my hopes up.

Yeah, I know, that's why I want them back. It would be a genuinely heatbreaking storyline. I know it never will happen, but I want it.
    Yeah, some heartbreaking stuff for sure. That's part of why I would want to see them back also.

It would only if Warren felt any real attachment to them, otherwise they'd be little more than another part of what Apocalypse did to him that he'd rather be free of...
    I don't know. Most people would probably have some feelings for their children. Imagine if you had a child that you didn't know about. I doubt if you wouldn't be interested in finding about them. And, if we are going to get more stories involving Archangel and Apocalypse, at least Warren's feelings for his kids would be a story we haven't gotten to see with him yet.