Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast
Results 346 to 360 of 454
  1. #346
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It is. Archangel should just be a codename, not a seperate persona
    I sort of use it as both, if that makes any sense.

    Ultimately, it is one of those situations where since everyone has their own theory and preference, many writers will end up doing different things because they genuinely believe that that is what is happening.

  2. #347
    Mighty Member Thievery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I think Archangel on that cover for Hickman's series?
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It is. Archangel should just be a codename, not a seperate persona
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I sort of use it as both, if that makes any sense.

    Ultimately, it is one of those situations where since everyone has their own theory and preference, many writers will end up doing different things because they genuinely believe that that is what is happening.
    Well, I know what I prefer for Warren, it's him being Archangel without the separate persona. And no Psylocke. And some follow up on the Sleeper Mutants from Bunn's Uncanny.

    But, with Hickman taking over and wanting to do new things, I think that the only rational thing to do is keep an open mind about whatever might happen to Warren. There's already plenty of angst over what Hickman might do some ones favorite characters, from what I've seen on this forum. I'll just read the stories first. Every writer deserves the chance to write their story without it being prejudged.

    Unless Hickman says that he plans for Warren to die again. Then I will come to this forum every day to whine about Warren being dead again. I will make the kind of shitty comments about Marvel that leave even the most bitter members of this forum stunned .

    But, to be serious again, every writer deserves to have their stories read before people judge them.

    Shit, if Hickman's stories are good enough, I'll even give in to my friend LoganAlpha30X33's never ending demand for his Archangel/Psylocke ship, and say that's a good idea again.

  3. #348
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    11,288

    Default

    Mwa ha ha ha...my fiendish scheme over one of my favorite ships is working...

    Anyway though I'm not as sold on Hickman as others here so I'm nervous and anxious about what will happen to Warren...

  4. #349
    Mighty Member Thievery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Mwa ha ha ha...my fiendish scheme over one of my favorite ships is working...

    Anyway though I'm not as sold on Hickman as others here so I'm nervous and anxious about what will happen to Warren...
    To be honest with you Logan, I was going to edit out the part about accepting the nostalgic Archangel/Psylocke ship out of my post. I just had to abruptly log out before I had the chance .

    As for the rest of it, it's just comics, so don't take them so seriously. If Warren were to die, or if he were to go back to having the feathered wings, or something else that I didn't like in the Hickman X-Men, I'd still give the comic a chance to win me over. If Hickman or a different writer that comes on board with Hickman wrote an Archangel that I didn't like, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. I'd just start buying something else, instead of buy something I didn't like.

    Like I said, it's just comics. If you don't like the Hickman X-Men, don't lose your shit over it. I know that I wont.

  5. #350
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    11,288

    Default

    If I don't like what he's doing with Warren and the others then I'll say something, it's just that he'll have to win me over rather than being a fan of his going into it...

  6. #351
    Mighty Member Thievery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    If I don't like what he's doing with Warren and the others then I'll say something, it's just that he'll have to win me over rather than being a fan of his going into it...
    Yeah, that was the point that I was trying to get across. Just read the comics first. Sorry if I did not articulate my posts very well. I have a big problem of typing explaining my thoughts they way that I would like to.

    We may have gone over this before, Logan, but At the risk of reviving an old topic again, how would Hickman need to write Archangel to make you happy, Logan. And you don't have to include Psylocke. We already know that you want that. We may have already talked about your hopes for Hickman's Warren, but I haven't been logged onto this forum in a while, because I've been busy, so I'm not sure if you've gone over this in a different thread, or talked about it in this one. I already have to log out again, so I don't have time to go looking for any previous answers from you.

  7. #352
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    11,288

    Default

    Basically that he was a capable character, not drowning I depression or self doubt, no dual personalities in his mind, and that he wouldn't just be a background character for starters...

  8. #353
    Mighty Member Thievery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Basically that he was a capable character, not drowning I depression or self doubt, no dual personalities in his mind, and that he wouldn't just be a background character for starters...
    Well, I'll agree with you on every thing you posted, except for the drowning in depression part. I know that everyone finds it morbid when I say this, but I really enjoy reading stories about Archangel's life is being made into a living hell. It doesn't matter if it's psychological torture, physical torture or a little bit of both. They both put a smile on my face.

    I don't think that Warren will start off as a background character. Archangel has appeared on many of the upcoming House of X/Powers of X covers, and the characters that were chosen for those covers were all said to have been picked for a reason. So Warren will have some sort of role starting off. So there seems to be no worries for you there. Just wait for the stories to be released to start worrying, if you don't like them.

    But, are there any particular things that you would like to see for Hickman's Archangel. I would like something new myself.

  9. #354
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    11,288

    Default

    Maybe Warren leading a team and shown as a capable leader that doesn't just follow orders, and yeah with Betsy as well...

  10. #355
    Mighty Member Thievery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Maybe Warren leading a team and shown as a capable leader that doesn't just follow orders, and yeah with Betsy as well...
    Well okay, what kind of team do you want him in charge of. I personally like him as a member of X-Force type kill squads.

    Or maybe we could get some sort of follow up as to what happened to the army of Sleeper Mutants that Archangel was in charge of. Since the idea seems to be that mutants are going back to being a persecuted minority with a small population over in Rosenburg's Uncanny, I'm not sure how likely that is.

    But, I'm also open to some new ideas. I still think that it might be interesting to read stories about an X-Force style killer version of Warren trying to lead the young X-Men characters. Sort of the way that he is in charge of the GenNext students over in Age of X-Man, only it would be the killer version of Archangel leading them.

  11. #356
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    11,288

    Default

    I'd get him away from the killer type X-Force, maybe make it a high action and drama team that spans the globe, more in the spy genre where the team has to infiltrate some high society function one week and slog through the jungle somewhere the next and such...

  12. #357
    Mighty Member Thievery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I'd get him away from the killer type X-Force, maybe make it a high action and drama team that spans the globe, more in the spy genre where the team has to infiltrate some high society function one week and slog through the jungle somewhere the next and such...
    Sorry for my late reply. I've been busy with other things and haven't been able to log in much recently.

    Why do you think that Warren would make for a good spy character. He's never really struck me as a spy, undercover type character.
    I'm not trying to criticize you or your idea, Logan. I'm just genuinely interested in why you think he would make a great spy. How would the story work.

  13. #358
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    11,288

    Default

    Because he has all of the tools and it would be a running joke of how better he is than James Bond, as he'd be just as rich and have just as many gadgets, plus wings, besides which just slap Warren in a tux, Betsy in a nice dress and both together would be fully capable spies, besides which Betsy could get passwords and codes without anyone noticing and Warren being able to fly could defeat pressure sensors in the floors and such, besides which I'm guessing that both already have plenty of connections that could be useful, and it would keep them away from being overshadowed by Scott and Jean and such...just keep up the witty banter between W and B, maybe with W using one of his wing blades to take out the guards before they even saw or heard him coming...

    Not really truly undercover spy stuff, just that he'd publicly be at some big ball to help raise money for some charity or something like that but in truth be there to steal back a list of spies or something or some such...

    In the end the two would be spy secret agents type...

  14. #359
    Mighty Member Thievery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Because he has all of the tools and it would be a running joke of how better he is than James Bond, as he'd be just as rich and have just as many gadgets, plus wings, besides which just slap Warren in a tux, Betsy in a nice dress and both together would be fully capable spies, besides which Betsy could get passwords and codes without anyone noticing and Warren being able to fly could defeat pressure sensors in the floors and such, besides which I'm guessing that both already have plenty of connections that could be useful, and it would keep them away from being overshadowed by Scott and Jean and such...just keep up the witty banter between W and B, maybe with W using one of his wing blades to take out the guards before they even saw or heard him coming...

    Not really truly undercover spy stuff, just that he'd publicly be at some big ball to help raise money for some charity or something like that but in truth be there to steal back a list of spies or something or some such...

    In the end the two would be spy secret agents type...
    Well, okay. But, I think that if Archangel/Psylocke were to be used as spy secret agent types they would need to be able to disguise themselves somehow. Even if Rosenberg's story of mutants existance being erased from every one's memory is kept, Psylocke and Angel are famous rich people and hearos. I cant picture how the two of them showing up at some fancy big ball without some one recognizing them. Seems to me that the bad guys would recognize them, and figure out that they are probably not there to socialize.

  15. #360
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    11,288

    Default

    But that would be the point, that's what the bad guys would think that they were there for, to socialize and such because that was already the world that they run around in, so they wouldn't be out of their element there, no one among the baddies would be any the wiser...and then just pair high society functions one arc with slogging through a jungle the next and Betsy giving Warren a sarcastic earful about how she wanted to go to the Bahamas or somewhere like that but he dragged her to some bloody jungle, or that he really knows how to show a lady a good time, or they'd go off to Siberia and Betsy could joke that at least she remembered pants this time...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •