Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Here's hoping...and for no more dual personalities in his head anymore...

Well, would any one like to make any guesses as to what Warren and his stories may be like in the new era of X-Men comics before he appears.

My guess is that he could end up being used the way that he was in the Astonishing Annual. At least I believe that the story was in the Astonishing Annual.

Basically Warren gave into his Archangel/Death personality, and ended up killing the villain and all the people that the villain had possessed. X pretty much stated that Warren was correct to do so.

If my memory is correct, the other X-Men seemed to have their minds tampered with except for Warren. That or X did tamper with Warren's mind to make him forget. The story was a little vague. He may or may not have remembered. There was a theory going around in Archangel's old thread that X was using Warren as his killer and then tampering with his mind. Does any one think that may be possible going forward? I don't know how Charles will be written in Hickman's X-Men, but if he is the type of bastard that X was, he may use Warren in a similar manner. Warren could be someone that Charles uses to kill people.
    Last edited by Thievery; 07-23-2019 at 07:52 PM.

Ultimate Member

Though if some of the new revelations are true about mutants and humans there would be no need to have an assassin for Xavier, he'd just have to wait humanity out, and not sure if Hickman is going to continue what others have done or go his own way...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Though if some of the new revelations are true about mutants and humans there would be no need to have an assassin for Xavier, he'd just have to wait humanity out, and not sure if Hickman is going to continue what others have done or go his own way...
    Waiting gets you nowhere. Omega mutants need to be protected at all cost. They are natural resources presumably powering Krakoa and making everything Xavier is doing possible. Having Warren work as muscle to protect the Omegas make sense

It was just a guess that I came with for a possible Archangel idea for a story, Logan my friend.
    The Professor will be funding the Krakoa project himself. Plus, I believe that Emma will be funding the Marauders team. So that would seam to eliminate the idea of Warren's business or wealth playing a role in any of his stories in the up coming books. That would seam to be his other obvious role to help the X-Men.

If you have an idea of your own I would still like to hear it. I like this kind of discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Waiting gets you nowhere. Omega mutants need to be protected at all cost. They are natural resources presumably powering Krakoa and making everything Xavier is doing possible. Having Warren work as muscle to protect the Omegas make sense
    After reading the issue, I'm not sure if the Charles would need Archangel as his muscle. It appears that the Professor will have plenty of mutants to act as his Muscle. Unless he maybe decides that he would like a more trustworthy ally to act as an assassin. Or maybe he would just want to use someone that the other X-Men would be less suspicious of than the villains who will be in the story.

Ultimate Member

I just meant that if humans only had like 20 years left then Xavier could just put mutants in suspended animation or something until humans are dead...as for Warren who knows maybe he'll help Xavier coordinate everything...or something...

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    After reading the issue, I'm not sure if the Charles would need Archangel as his muscle. It appears that the Professor will have plenty of mutants to act as his Muscle. Unless he maybe decides that he would like a more trustworthy ally to act as an assassin. Or maybe he would just want to use someone that the other X-Men would be less suspicious of than the villains who will be in the story.
    I dont think you can never need too much. Warren is one of his oldest students and he already has his hooks into him. I cant see him letting go bc he's been able to ge more mutants under his watch

I just meant that if humans only had like 20 years left then Xavier could just put mutants in suspended animation or something until humans are dead...as for Warren who knows maybe he'll help Xavier coordinate everything...or something...
    why would he put them in suspended animation for 20 years? Alot can happen in 20 years and they can wake up to a dystopian future (as we've seen many times before). The mutants are sitting ducks ready to be eliminated if they are all asleep. Tech and medicine make fast breakthroughs in the MU so that humanity may get extended life. Plus there are still mutant children being born and activated whom need protecting. Lets say you suggest is true. Archangel would be useful in eliminating any threats that would try to kill suspended mutants

Ultimate Member

Not if they are in suspended animation wherever Krakoa or whatever that plant thing was...then they'd be safe and sound...

Not if they are in suspended animation wherever Krakoa or whatever that plant thing was...then they'd be safe and sound...
    For how long? Its quite naive to think that no one would be able to breach Krakoa in 20 years, especially if its inhabitants are sleeping. Heck humanity can recreate the Terrigen crisis and saturate the air with poisonous gas so that when mutants do wake up, they are all killed. That was literally a plotpoint from not too long ago. With mutants in stasis, they are powerless to prevent this

Ultimate Member

Just hide the entry points and such and no human would be able to find them, and then just leave a few mutants out in the world to monitor things as they develop and not every mutant would just be woken up and then shoved out into the world anyway...

Hide the entry points? You act land whats to prevent humanity from saturating the atmosphere with gas, killing the existing mutants and the ones that emerge from stasis?

Ultimate Member

When they would emerge from stasis they would be inside Krakoa, therefore they'd be safe and then send a probe or something to check out the air quality and such, therefore none of them would die and humans can't get through the entry points anyway...

When they would emerge from stasis they would be inside Krakoa, therefore they'd be safe and then send a probe or something to check out the air quality and such, therefore none of them would die and humans can't get through the entry points anyway...
    Krakoa exists within the same atmosphere; its not within its own bubble. The only thing protecting a human would be the pods they were in, and they'd be vulnerable once they got out.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont think you can never need too much. Warren is one of his oldest students and he already has his hooks into him. I cant see him letting go bc he's been able to ge more mutants under his watch
    The Professor has plenty of villains on Krakoa. If he wants someone dead, Mystique, Sabretooth or one of the other villains would might make better sense to use as an assassin. That or X-Force. That seems to be part of X-Force's mission statement. Really, that's what I was picturing Charles using Warren as when I first made the suggestion. An assassin.

Just hide the entry points and such and no human would be able to find them, and then just leave a few mutants out in the world to monitor things as they develop and not every mutant would just be woken up and then shoved out into the world anyway...
    I read the story as humans only having twenty years as the dominant species on earth. Not that they would be extinct in twenty years. So that would give them plenty of time to kill mutants again.

I don't see how the mutants would be able to hide the entry points indefinitely. Their are plenty of super intelligent villains in the Marvel Universe who could come up with a way to enter Krakoa given enough time.
    And there is also Reed Richards and Tony Stark. Mystique and Toad stole their technology from Damage Control. I'm sure that they will want to get it back, and they are more than capable of breaching Krakoa. I'm not saying that they would kill the mutants once they got into Krakoa, but they could leave behind an entry way for anti-mutant humans to take advantage of.