Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Again, my point wasnt that the X-men should trust Apocalypse or have no reason to be wary of him. Its that if they repeatedly can trust Mystique and work with her as an ally despite her constantly betraying them, then them teaming up with him isnt that farfetched

Ultimate Member

And Rogue and Gambit would be VERY distrustful of Apocalypse and then of course Betsy wouldn't trust him given her history with Warren and all and Rictor's history with Cable the whole team should not trust him at all...

We dont know the context behind any of this and it may not even be the same Apocalypse but rather Genesis instead

Ultimate Member

I still find it hard to believe that Betsy, Rogue, and Gambit would work with Apocalypse on a regular basis and then actually expect him not to betray them at some time, and if they do some stupid thing of that they're keeping an eye on him or something like that we know that they will fail and he'll get something by them...and not sure but hasn't someone said that it's Apocalypse or something along those lines...

P.S.-I got a new nephew today as my little brother and his wife welcomed their second child just after noon, he joins his big sister...
    Last edited by LoganAlpha30X33; 07-31-2019 at 08:07 PM.

Well it seems to me that there are plenty of villains living on Krakoa that the X-Men shouldn't trust. So when they are betrayed by one of them, it wont be a surprise no matter who it is.

I kept going back to Apocalypse, because this is the Angel/Archangel thread, I wanted to keep this thread at least somewhat on topic about Archangel, and the guy that he would be least willing to trust is original Apocalypse.

But, the reason that I really wanted to stop by this thread today was to ask about one of the posters/pictures about HoX/PoX that had Warren on it. It's the one that lists Warren's first appearance as Uncanny X-Men volume 3, even though he first appeared in first issue of Uncanny volume one. Has the suggestion that he first appeared in issue 3 been confirmed somewhere as a typo? Or is this really meant to end up becoming a retcon.

I didnt realize Warren used to wield a gun

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

As the avenging angel. If you do a google search of "the avenging angel x-men" you will find comic panels of him in the costume and even one with him wielding the gun. You will also find the scene where he meets Cyclops.

Me too. The first time I ever saw this pre-X-Men version of Angel was in the Marvel Saga series from the mid-80's.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 08-10-2019 at 11:02 PM. Reason: Made a correction.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Also, it sounds like Apocalypse isn't going to be the villain here and that he'll be on an X-Men team. Never thought I would write that sentense.

How is Warren supposed to react to that?
    Does he? Apocalypse is always straightforward about his quest for power and mutant domination. He doesnt pretend to be good or try to get in the good graces of the heroes as some plot to take them down or use them for his benefit. He is one of the most transparent villian out there. He's not known for backstabbing. In X-Cutioner's Song, Warren is the one that vouched for Apocalypse, in spite of his hate for him, when Apocalypse offered to help them, Warren trusted that he could save Xavier. The X-men followed him and guess what? Apocalypse didnt betray them
    Given what happened in House of X #2, I'm more interested in how Moira feels about Apocalypse. And I'm more interested in knowing whether or not she trusted Apocalypse to cure Xavier in X-Cutioner's Song.

Also kind of interested in what she Thinks of Warren having become one of Apocalypse's Horseman. She was definitely holding some info back.
    Edit: Could have been good or bad info, depending on how the story plays out.

We dont know the context behind any of this and it may not even be the same Apocalypse but rather Genesis instead
    After House of X #2, I hope that it is the real Apocalypse and not Genesis.
    Last edited by Thievery; 08-09-2019 at 06:22 AM.

I meant to reply to this cover in my last post and accidentally left it out. I noticed that the NuAngel design is present among the various versions of Angel/Archangel's designs over the decade. Does anyone else think that means that NuAngel really was just another version of Warren's split personalities, and that NuAngel wasn't a completely different character from Warren? Or, could I just be reading to much into this.

While I like cover, every one of Angel's faces on the cover seem to make Angel look look like a teanager. At least to me they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    I meant to reply to this cover in my last post and accidentally left it out. I noticed that the NuAngel design is present among the various versions of Angel/Archangel's designs over the decade. Does anyone else think that means that NuAngel really was just another version of Warren's split personalities, and that NuAngel wasn't a completely different character from Warren? Or, could I just be reading to much into this.

While I like cover, every one of Angel's faces on the cover seem to make Angel look look like a teanager. At least to me they do.
    I think you are. This is just to represent all the various looks that Angel had and that was one of them

I think you are. This is just to represent all the various looks that Angel had and that was one of them
    Damn, that kinda sucks, for me at least. That means that NuAgnel could always pop up again. I really couldn't stand that guy. Maybe because I like the version of Archangel that is willing to kill, and the NuAngel was kind of a campy, comedy bozo. Well for whatever reason, that guy really sucked, in my opinion. Sorry NuAngel fans.

Not that I ever want to see the guy again, but has it ever been shown whatever happened to NuAngel? Or is he being swept under the rug never to be heard from again.

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    Damn, that kinda sucks, for me at least. That means that NuAgnel could always pop up again. I really couldn't stand that guy. Maybe because I like the version of Archangel that is willing to kill, and the NuAngel was kind of a campy, comedy bozo. Well for whatever reason, that guy really sucked, in my opinion. Sorry NuAngel fans.

Not that I ever want to see the guy again, but has it ever been shown whatever happened to NuAngel? Or is he being swept under the rug never to be heard from again.
    Why would he show up? His the blank persona that Warren's body took after he died. Warren is back and alive. I see no reason why Hippy should ever be a factor again

He was last seen in Bunn's Apocaypse Wars story. All aspects of Warren were left fully integrated into one being

Ultimate Member

Sadly until some other writer wants to change things like Kyle and Yost did when they changed that his feathered wings were just techno ones to look like feathers and his metal wings came back, only saying that Warren is a character that writers mess with a lot...sadly...

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate