Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

They could both move on to new and better stories together without killing either off, and Warren's head was REALLY messed up when he said all of that so I'm not sure that Betsy would hold it against him for to long, especially if he were "better" by the time that she and the others got back, just no more dual persona's in his head and needing her to keep them in check or anything like that...

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngelSliver View Post

What makes you think that the writers were clashing with each other and editorial? Perhaps I'm not picking up on this because I am having a hard time figuring out which writer is writing which scenes.

If the X-Office is planning to kill Warren off, and the harsh language that Warren uses on Betsy is just a way for Psylocke to move on without having to mourn for Warren, well, that would be pretty lame. Especially as we have already seen something like this. Psylocke was supposed to lose feel her ability to feel emotion in Dark Angel Saga just so that she wouldn't feel sad that Warren was dead, and she could immediately move into a relationship with Fantomex.

Yeah, there is no need to kill off Warren just so Betsy can move on without him. I'm tired of Psylocke /Archangel, but killing Warren of isn't a way to move Psylocke into new stories. And like I said earlier in this post, we have already seen this story in Dark Angel Saga. Surely there is a better way for Warren and Betsy to move on to new stories without killing one of them.
    Kelly Thompson, Rosenberg, and Brisson are writing disassembled and you can tell when certain things clash, are inconsistent, and make no sense. When you have three people writing a single issue and meeting the demands of editorial to meet an end goal, things can get slightly chaotic. Its one of those things that take time and practice to pick up when reading it. Usually 2-3 times for myself.

The only reason I came up with the conclusion is that the "drama" between them felt tacked on. I started questioning how necessary was this scene really? Did we really need Archangel to be angry at Psylocke? Why was he quickly put in the role of the wild card after reverting back to Archangel? Will this be a part of his character moving forward after the event or if he were to die what purpose would it serve to the reader and those around him? Is this a way for them to cut certain ties from Betsy to push her forward with all the changes she has gone through? Will Archangel die or will he move on to an anti hero type role? Maybe even villanous? These are just questions that immedialy come forth when reading this series. After issue 3, Angel no longer appeared among the x-men members page despite joining them later on "somewhat". It could be just me reading a lot into it but its things I do think about. Not sure what role he will play into Age of X-Man if he has any.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Ultimate Member

They could easily just put the characters on the roster page that are currently having an important part in the books, Warren could have played his part in Uncanny for the moment so then no need to have him on the roster page, or because they're not sure totally which side he's on they don't include him, though I'd guess that it doesn't mean that he's going to die and since they weren't a couple they wouldn't need Warren and/or his death to push Betsy forward if they wanted to do that...

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    Kelly Thompson, Rosenberg, and Brisson are writing disassembled and you can tell when certain things clash, are inconsistent, and make no sense. When you have three people writing a single issue and meeting the demands of editorial to meet an end goal, things can get slightly chaotic. Its one of those things that take time and practice to pick up when reading it. Usually 2-3 times for myself.

The only reason I came up with the conclusion is that the "drama" between them felt tacked on. I started questioning how necessary was this scene really? Did we really need Archangel to be angry at Psylocke? Why was he quickly put in the role of the wild card after reverting back to Archangel? Will this be a part of his character moving forward after the event or if he were to die what purpose would it serve to the reader and those around him? Is this a way for them to cut certain ties from Betsy to push her forward with all the changes she has gone through? Will Archangel die or will he move on to an anti hero type role? Maybe even villanous? These are just questions that immedialy come forth when reading this series. After issue 3, Angel no longer appeared among the x-men members page despite joining them later on "somewhat". It could be just me reading a lot into it but its things I do think about. Not sure what role he will play into Age of X-Man if he has any.
    I've tried reading the issues a few times, and I'm still having a bit of a hard time trying to figure out which writer is writing which scenes. Maybe it's because of the slash page fight scenes.

If Archangel lives, and doesn't end up as part of Age of X-Man, I think that he could end up in some kind of antagonist role, but maybe not just an all out villain. Or at least I hope that he doesn't become a villain again. I'd rather see him as a good guy or antihero.

If Archangel does end up as part of Age of X-Man, it's hard to say what might happen. Nate may not trust Warren since Warren wouldn't rejoin his Horseman. Maybe Warren even ends up as one of the characters against Nate if he has ant memories of being made into one of Nate's Horseman. If Warren is against Nate, and the writers still want to do something with the Psylocke/Archangel romance, perhaps Warren ends up being an antagonist in the Xtremists team that Psylocke is involved with. If I remember the description of the comic correctly, then one of the themes of the comic will be dealing with love, and how it can be an enemy. You could get some last few miles out of Psylocke/Archangel that way.
    Or, if Archangel is in Age of X-Man, and is on Nate's side, perhaps he has a role as prison guard in Prisoner X.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    They could easily just put the characters on the roster page that are currently having an important part in the books, Warren could have played his part in Uncanny for the moment so then no need to have him on the roster page, or because they're not sure totally which side he's on they don't include him, though I'd guess that it doesn't mean that he's going to die and since they weren't a couple they wouldn't need Warren and/or his death to push Betsy forward if they wanted to do that...
    I'm guessing that Archangel isn't listed as a member of the X-Men because either the writers don't want the readers to be sure what side he is on, or Archangel or the X-Men or both, no longer view him as a member of the team.

Archangel could be used to push Psylocke's story forward because she is the one who reverted Warren to his Archangel personality. If Warren is killed because of that, or if he becomes a Punisher type of character who kills other characters, then Psylocke could blame herself for it. Psylocke and Archangel wouldn't need to be a couple for those stories to work.
    Last edited by Thievery; 01-13-2019 at 07:59 PM.

Ultimate Member

True they wouldn't however they've already done the storyline where her actions change him with the NuAngel storyline with the hippie version of Angel so not sure that they'd do that all over again, or hope that they wouldn't and I'd rather see Warren not as a Punisher type of character but free from his darker side, or at least the darker than a normal person's dark side, as for the upcoming event perhaps he's in it and on the baddies side but that he and Betsy are in the enemies that love each other role yeah...or there's so many maybe's, if Warren is even in the event or back with Scott and the others wondering where everyone went and is the how Scott gets files from Warren's company as we've seen in preview art, even though they spelled Warren's name wrong...

I just think that with the ease of which Nate turned Storm into a horseman or horsewoman or whatever that if he had wanted Warren to be with him again he would have, and it shows to me that it wasn't really Warren's choice to join him in the first place and so who knows perhaps he was still feeling the aftermath of what Nate did to him when he got mad at Betsy...still weird with Nate's name given that it's also my name, well a nickname anyway with my name being Nathan...

P.S.-Totally side note, later this year I'll become an uncle for the 7th time-I already have 5 nephews and 1 niece, with 1 great-niece-the daughter of my oldest nephew of whom I'm exactly 12 years to the day older than...

True they wouldn't however they've already done the storyline where her actions change him with the NuAngel storyline with the hippie version of Angel so not sure that they'd do that all over again, or hope that they wouldn't and I'd rather see Warren not as a Punisher type of character but free from his darker side, or at least the darker than a normal person's dark side, as for the upcoming event perhaps he's in it and on the baddies side but that he and Betsy are in the enemies that love each other role yeah...or there's so many maybe's, if Warren is even in the event or back with Scott and the others wondering where everyone went and is the how Scott gets files from Warren's company as we've seen in preview art, even though they spelled Warren's name wrong...

I just think that with the ease of which Nate turned Storm into a horseman or horsewoman or whatever that if he had wanted Warren to be with him again he would have, and it shows to me that it wasn't really Warren's choice to join him in the first place and so who knows perhaps he was still feeling the aftermath of what Nate did to him when he got mad at Betsy...still weird with Nate's name given that it's also my name, well a nickname anyway with my name being Nathan...

P.S.-Totally side note, later this year I'll become an uncle for the 7th time-I already have 5 nephews and 1 niece, with 1 great-niece-the daughter of my oldest nephew of whom I'm exactly 12 years to the day older than...
    Scott has Warren's files? Maybe I saw that and forgot about that. It could be that Scott is looking at Warren's files because he is one of the missing characters, he is trying to find him, or maybe Warren has just become a flat out villain again, and Cyclops wants to stop him. Or, maybe he just wants some of Angel's money.

I'm not saying or condoning another NuANngel story. I'm just saying that it's possible.

I wouldn't necessarily mind it if Archangel became a Punisher type antihero. I like it when Warren is slicing up other characters. I just don't like the never ending Angel/Archangel split personality thing. And, It would put him on the other side of the other X-Men's no kill policy. I think the X-Men's no kill policy is outdated, and I say this as someone who is against the death penalty in real life.

I still don't understand Archangel's crying about how the X-Men freeing him from Nate's control ruined what bit of peace he had in his life. If Archangel felt that he was better of with Nate, than he should have just rejoined the Horseman when he had the chance.

And congrats on becoming an uncle again, Nathan.
    Last edited by Thievery; 01-13-2019 at 08:34 PM.

Ultimate Member

Well that's my point, just end with the whole good/bad dual minds inside of Warren and he'd be fine, it'd be a new direction for him after the last few years, otherwise we'd be stuck in the rut of Betsy and/or somebody else trying to save/rescue him all over again, finally being his good old self could do wonders for Warren, besides if there's anybody that Betsy could talk to about being in different bodies who would know what she was talking about it'd be Warren imho...like I said I think that what Nate did to Warren was still somewhat in effect when he yelled at them and it was like he was on a drug, at first he may have craved it to some degree but over time his mind could become a bit clearer and he'd think differently...

In the previews for Uncanny #11 Scott is seen looking through files with Worthington stamped on them, well it's misspelled but that's who the files belonged to so...

Thanks about the uncle thing, here's hoping that they have a boy as they already have a daughter...though oddly in my family since my older sister's birth back in 73-the mother of my oldest nephew, there hadn't been a girl born until my niece 3 years ago, so 1973 to 2015 eight boys born including myself and my brothers and then my five nephews...

Well that's my point, just end with the whole good/bad dual minds inside of Warren and he'd be fine, it'd be a new direction for him after the last few years, otherwise we'd be stuck in the rut of Betsy and/or somebody else trying to save/rescue him all over again, finally being his good old self could do wonders for Warren, besides if there's anybody that Betsy could talk to about being in different bodies who would know what she was talking about it'd be Warren imho...like I said I think that what Nate did to Warren was still somewhat in effect when he yelled at them and it was like he was on a drug, at first he may have craved it to some degree but over time his mind could become a bit clearer and he'd think differently...

In the previews for Uncanny #11 Scott is seen looking through files with Worthington stamped on them, well it's misspelled but that's who the files belonged to so...

Thanks about the uncle thing, here's hoping that they have a boy as they already have a daughter...though oddly in my family since my older sister's birth back in 73-the mother of my oldest nephew, there hadn't been a girl born until my niece 3 years ago, so 1973 to 2015 eight boys born including myself and my brothers and then my five nephews...
    Thanks for pointing out where Cyclops is looking at Worthington files for me. Guess we need to see the dialogue in the previews to see why he is looking at Warren's files.

I've seen some preview art that seems to show that Kwannon is returning. If Archangel does survive Disassembled, would any one like to see Warren meat up with her again? It might be interesting to see what they think of each other. It might be interesting to see him come across someone who looks like his ex-girlfriend. I'm not saying that Archangel has to get togather with her in a Cyclops/Maddie kind of way, where it can be interpreted that Archangel only cared about Psylocke for her looks. I mean in way where Warren finds out that he loved the part of the Psylocke/Kwannon mixture that was mostly Kwannon. It's not like we know whether or not Warren and Psylocke are even still togather at this point.

And if Angel was in love with Kwannon instead of Psylocke, well, it could end up being painful for Archangel, seeing as Kwannon was supposed to be into Cyclops, if I remember correctly. Angel would have to deal with the idea that the woman that he loved never actually cared about him. Could be painful for him. And I think that Cyclops could end up with Kwannon. Might make things awkward between Scott and Angel.

Ultimate Member

No problem, yeah who knows how he got those files, if Warren's still alive and himself then it's easy how he got them...though Kwannon seems to be fighting Scott and Logan in that preview art but I don't see Warren being that superficial to have only loved Betsy in the Asian body because of her looks and Kwannon would then be someone that he doesn't even know really, if anything for Warren it'd be like some different person was possessing Betsy's body and hitting on him or trying to kill him, if anything I'd think that he'd be creeped out by it rather than anything else...

No problem, yeah who knows how he got those files, if Warren's still alive and himself then it's easy how he got them...though Kwannon seems to be fighting Scott and Logan in that preview art but I don't see Warren being that superficial to have only loved Betsy in the Asian body because of her looks and Kwannon would then be someone that he doesn't even know really, if anything for Warren it'd be like some different person was possessing Betsy's body and hitting on him or trying to kill him, if anything I'd think that he'd be creeped out by it rather than anything else...
    Well, if Angel is still alive and not in the AoXM reality, I don't know why he would need Warren's files. He could just talk to Angel himself to get whatever info that he needed.

I guess that I didn't explain my point on Kwannon clearly enough. I meant to say that it would be interesting if the parts of the merged Kwannon/Psylocke character that Angel was in love with was the Kwannon part of their mind. And that neither Kwannon nor Psylocke actually cared about him. Could cause Angel some pain. I never meant to suggest that Angel would try to get with Kwannon just for her looks. Sorry for the confusion. And, it's not like the story is likely to happen on panel, anyway.

As for Cyclops/Kwannon, well, it might seem unlikely, but Cyclops/Emma would have also seemed unlikely at first.

But, back to Archangel, we are close to finding out whether or not Archangel survives Disassembled. There are already some spoilers out, but I'm trying to avoid them so that I can make up my mind on the story on my own, and without having a preconceived notion on the comic.

Ultimate Member

Well if memory serves most if not all of his relationship with Betsy was after what was left of Kwannon left her and went to Revanche or whatever so I'd say that everything that's happened since then shows that Betsy is in love with Warren and he with her...Kwannon looks to want to kill Scott and Logan not help them...

As for why Scott would have some of Warren's files, he could have just asked Warren for information and rather than have a big long conversation he just gives him the files to read, once again here's hoping that they don't kill Warren off as I doubt that it'd be a big deal for most of the characters, though be a VERY cheap way to get Betsy to move on to somebody else...then again this will be the first time in like over a decade that Marvel will have all 5 of the originals plus Xavier alive at the same time, to me that'd be to good to pass up doing something with them more than going to somebody's funeral...

Now that we know Warren is alive and well, do you think he'll show up in any AoX mini?

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Now that we know Warren is alive and well, do you think he'll show up in any AoX mini?
    Yep. The question is where

Extraordinary Member

My guses is that Warren's Death Seed might negate something.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    My guses is that Warren's Death Seed might negate something.
    what death seed?