Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    from
    The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Deluxe Edition Vol. 2 No. 1
    (December 1985):

Astonishing! thanks for sharing MajorHoy

BANNED

Marvel Premiere #47 Apr 1979
    First Scott Lang as Ant-Man in "To Steal An Ant-Man!"
    As Scott, dressed as Ant-Man, fights several Cross security guards, he thinks about how he got into this predicament.
    Recently paroled after serving time for burglary, he reveled in both his new job at Stark International

and once again being a father to his daughter Cassie. Unfortunately, she developed a rare heart ailment,
    draining Scott's financial resources and making him contemplate a return to crime.
    He learns of Erica Sondheim's experimental approach to heart surgery; seeking her out,
    he sees her being abducted by several men, including an unseen figure with a rather oversize hand.
    Tracing them to Cross Technical Enterprises, he despairs of being able to break into such a secure complex.
    In a quest to get some quick money, he burglarizes, by coincidence, the home
    of Henry Pym -- finding, instead of cash or jewels, Pym's old Ant-Man costume.

Inspired to try it out, Scott quickly masters the shrinking technology and the cybernetic helmet enabling him to talk to ants.
    Breaking into CTE, he finds Dr. Sondheim finishing a surgical operation.
    Back in the present, the fledgling hero has despatched the last of his foes

when he is confronted with the giant mutated form of Darren Cross.

Script by David Michelinie, pencils by John Byrne (breakdowns) and Bob Layton (finished art), inks by Bob Layton

Extraordinary Member

Scott needs a Burn Notice type series. Back in Miami, co-parenting Cassie with a good relationship with his ex and Blake. PI license and working freelance on insurance recovery...basically stealing back stolen items for a day job.....and turning around and helping the little guy who is getting taken advantage of. Unlike the last series...he tends to keep Ant Man out of the limelight. Have Darla Deering as his GF but have her on the road a lot due to her career.

Could even do some Cassie stories....go old school and have her on the cover painting over the logo with her name and telling the readers she is taking over for X number of issues.
    Last edited by Chris0013; 04-28-2019 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Scott needs a Burn Notice type series. Back in Miami, co-parenting Cassie with a good relationship with his ex and Blake. PI license and working freelance on insurance recovery...basically stealing back stolen items for a day job.....
    that could work. but i'm not picky. kind of have to get Mary Morgenstern involved, if he's staying in Miami. i think he works best when he's treating the Ant-Man identity as an occupation. he's really not the stalk the streets looking for evil-doers type (like Daredevil).

Unlike the last series...he tends to keep Ant Man out of the limelight. Have Darla Deering as his GF but have her on the road a lot due to her career.
    i don't know how i feel about Darla. but her being part of the story isn't a deal breaker for me. i just see him dating a much younger woman as an obvious trap. but there isn't a comic book version of movie-Hope. so Darla will have to do. personally, i would have chosen Roz Backus from the Spider-man: Breakout book. she was closer to his age and had experience with the wrong side of the law (and mutual enemy Crossfire).

he basically never took his costume off in the last series. and, when he did, he kept the helmet on. i would like to see more of Janice as an antagonist. she was fun. wouldn't mind seeing more of Power Broker either. i don't know what ultimately became of him.

Could even do some Cassie stories....go old school and have her on the cover painting over the logo with her name and telling the readers she is taking over for X number of issues.
    i've grown to the point where i'm cool with him taking over Cassie's training as a superheroine. i could see him teaching her the unexpected stuff like bypassing security systems and whatnot. i don't know how old she is. but i guess she could be an intern at whatever business Scott forms. it's kind of her fate to do this stuff full-time.

mild end-game spoiler but Scott...spoilers:
    the little kid version is played by the child actor from Brightburn (the horror version of Superman).
    end of spoilers thought that was neat.

on another note, i hope that we one day get to see a snippet of Scott's childhood. We've seen Hank Pym's formative years. i see it as somewhat essential to really "know" a character. or, as an alternative, it'd be interesting to meet or see a flashback to him interacting with one of his parents. i'm pretty sure that his mother is deceased because of a marvel comics presents story that involved a family heirloom. but (so far) all i know about his family is that his dad is named bob, he has a sister named Ruth, and had a dog when he was a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    that could work. but i'm not picky. kind of have to get Mary Morgenstern involved, if he's staying in Miami. i think he works best when he's treating the Ant-Man identity as an occupation. he's really not the stalk the streets looking for evil-doers type (like Daredevil).

i don't know how i feel about Darla. but her being part of the story isn't a deal breaker for me. i just see him dating a much younger woman as an obvious trap. but there isn't a comic book version of movie-Hope. so Darla will have to do. personally, i would have chosen Roz Backus from the Spider-man: Breakout book. she was closer to his age and had experience with the wrong side of the law (and mutual enemy Crossfire).

he basically never took his costume off in the last series. and, when he did, he kept the helmet on. i would like to see more of Janice as an antagonist. she was fun. wouldn't mind seeing more of Power Broker either. i don't know what ultimately became of him.

i've grown to the point where i'm cool with him taking over Cassie's training as a superheroine. i could see him teaching her the unexpected stuff like bypassing security systems and whatnot. i don't know how old she is. but i guess she could be an intern at whatever business Scott forms. it's kind of her fate to do this stuff full-time.
    She's 16. The most recent mention was in Mark Waid's Ant-Man and the Wasp mini, in which Scott explicitly said that Nadia and Cassie are the same age.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    She's 16. The most recent mention was in Mark Waid's Ant-Man and the Wasp mini, in which Scott explicitly said that Nadia and Cassie are the same age.

IIRC...that is right....that start of his series in Miami she was 15 and AM & W he was coming back for her birthday. Which also gives us a baseline for the sliding timeline as I recall her age in her first appearance was given as well

works for me. i just think that she might be ready to join the family business. how old was Penny when she started working with Inspector Gadget?

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post

Astonishing! thanks for sharing MajorHoy
    whenever i see a byrne drawing of Scott, i think of William Katt (Greatest American Hero).

Extraordinary Member

My thoughts are that he should be in a more stable place. Good job, house, good relationships with Cassie, Peggy and even Blake. This sort of turns around how he has been in the last few years. And not out stalking the streets for evil doers...but that he becomes known as someone people can turn to when there is no other choice. That is why I mentioned Burn Notice. Make him sort of the Michael Weston of the Marvel U.

works for me. i just think that she might be ready to join the family business. how old was Penny when she started working with Inspector Gadget?
    About 12... but she didn't have his permission. Penny and her dog Brains were always saving Gadget from behind the scenes, without his knowledge.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    About 12... but she didn't have his permission. Penny and her dog Brains were always saving Gadget from behind the scenes, without his knowledge.
    then Cassie's ready (despite being way more reckless than Penny). I just think that his company could use a snarky intern.

My thoughts are that he should be in a more stable place. Good job, house, good relationships with Cassie, Peggy and even Blake. This sort of turns around how he has been in the last few years. And not out stalking the streets for evil doers...but that he becomes known as someone people can turn to when there is no other choice. That is why I mentioned Burn Notice. Make him sort of the Michael Weston of the Marvel U.
    ok, I see what you mean now. it's kind of what Bucky Barnes just got done doing in his book. so instead of 'Fiona' it's the now somewhat more supportive ex-wife and her new husband? sorry, it's been awhile since I watched regularly. I didn't see any of the last season.

Scott finally bringing Ant-Man to the Ultimate Alliance.

Surprised that they went with Scott even though Wasp looks like Janet.