Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Any one read the Giant Men War of The Realms issue today? Is it worth picking up?
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

The Giant-men book was ok. But it felt like page were missing in a couple of places. I don't like how Tom was portrayed. And overall it feels rushed. Literally starts with Scott hiding out in a tree. That costume must be super insulated.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Any one read the Giant Men War of The Realms issue today? Is it worth picking up?
    Yes.

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I liked it. It’s a shame Hank isn’t here. He is THE Giant-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    I liked it. It’s a shame Hank isn’t here. He is THE Giant-Man.
    He would have to be significantly nerfed judging by past portrayals. Why wouldn't he create some kind of mcguffin device to kill the giants? I am definitely expecting josten to be the traitor. Because his ionic strength should have made these giants short work. Ice hounds, really? This is a story about giant underdogs not mission impossible. ��

It was fun but nothing that really grabbed me. I do hate once again Cassie is in peril during a big invasion and Scott has to save her. She's been through the Secret Invasion and Siege of Asgard!

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    It was fun but nothing that really grabbed me. I do hate once again Cassie is in peril during a big invasion and Scott has to save her. She's been through the Secret Invasion and Siege of Asgard!
    Seriously? I thought this was over when Spencer stopped writing Ant-Man .

Cassie was captured in Secret Empire, too (resulting in Scott getting blackmailed into betraying the resistance heroes). That really shouldn't be happening now that she's got her powers back as Stinger! Cassie not having her suit with her, which would mean she can't use the ant control and flying abilities, shouldn't matter, as she can use her old Stature abilities without it (as she did in Unstoppable Wasp #7).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Maybe Cassie does not need to be saved. Maybe she is running ops behind enemy lines.

I've seen no evidence that Cassie is in danger.

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    didn't she get beaten up by Grizzly during the Siege of Asgard?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I've seen no evidence that Cassie is in danger.
    I hope the twist is she's actually ok and holding down the fort in Florida or will save her dad before the mini ends.

BANNED

Marvel Premiere #48 Jun 1979
    "The Price of a Heart!"
    Scott Lang, the new Ant-Man, attempts to get Dr. Sondheim out of the clutches of the mutated Darren Cross.
    However, he underestimates Cross' enhanced abilities and is defeated.

His equipment disabled, Scott listens as Cross explains his heart condition and the implantation of a "nucleorganic pacemaker."
    The device backfired, not only slowly mutating him into a Neanderthal-like giant but
    also wearing out his heart, necessitating periodic transplants from unwilling donors.
    Learning he is to be next in line to be a "donor" Scott manages to fix his equipment and escape,
    busting back into the surgical theatre just as Dr. Sondheim finished another operation.

Ant-Man fights Cross, who suddenly falls dead; Dr. Sondheim tearfully explains that she couldn't let Cross keep killing people,
    so she put his original, nearly-worn heart back in. Ant-Man comforts her and tells her that a little girl his daughter Cassie needs her help.

After the successful operation on Cassie, Scott is prepared to surrender and go back to prison,

but Henry Pym who had watched most of the adventure from a discreet position awards Scott the Ant-Man costume.

Script by David Michelinie, pencils by John Byrne (breakdowns) and Bob Layton (finished art), inks by Bob Layton

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Marvel Premiere #48 Jun 1979
    "The Price of a Heart!"
    Scott Lang, the new Ant-Man, attempts to get Dr. Sondheim out of the clutches of the mutated Darren Cross.
    However, he underestimates Cross' enhanced abilities and is defeated.

His equipment disabled, Scott listens as Cross explains his heart condition and the implantation of a "nucleorganic pacemaker."
    The device backfired, not only slowly mutating him into a Neanderthal-like giant but
    also wearing out his heart, necessitating periodic transplants from unwilling donors.
    Learning he is to be next in line to be a "donor" Scott manages to fix his equipment and escape,
    busting back into the surgical theatre just as Dr. Sondheim finished another operation.

Ant-Man fights Cross, who suddenly falls dead; Dr. Sondheim tearfully explains that she couldn't let Cross keep killing people,
    so she put his original, nearly-worn heart back in. Ant-Man comforts her and tells her that a little girl his daughter Cassie needs her help.

After the successful operation on Cassie, Scott is prepared to surrender and go back to prison,

but Henry Pym who had watched most of the adventure from a discreet position awards Scott the Ant-Man costume.

Script by David Michelinie, pencils by John Byrne (breakdowns) and Bob Layton (finished art), inks by Bob Layton
    Love to see that art.

*Pink Hulk*