Page 45 of 54 FirstFirst ... 35414243444546474849 ... LastLast

So they're adapting the DLC stories, but it also sounds like we'll be getting flashbacks to when Peter and Felicia first met/became a couple .

I won't say no to more Black Cat comics .

Two Black Cat comics in the same year? Is this Marvel spoiling us after Queenpin?

I'm okay with that.

Just hope we don't have to go through another Queenpin for her to get more comics in a few years lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Two Black Cat comics in the same year? Is this Marvel spoiling us after Queenpin?

I'm okay with that.

Just hope we don't have to go through another Queenpin for her to get more comics in a few years lol.
    It's less of a Black Cat comic and more of a new series doing it's own take on the DLC series, but close enough in my book .

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I'm okay with that.

Same. Would love to see the expansion on Felicia's character in the Insomniac Spider-Verse.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

From the sound of it, it seems like we're getting 5 issues JUST on the Black Cat DLC segment, which most likely means we'll be getting another 5 or so for the other two, and is a surprise given they crammed the entirety of the PS4 game into just 6 issues.

But that is exciting they're using the extra space to also flesh out things we didn't really see or hear about in the game, namely Peter and Felicia's past relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    From the sound of it, it seems like we're getting 5 issues JUST on the Black Cat DLC segment, which most likely means we'll be getting another 5 or so for the other two, and is a surprise given they crammed the entirety of the PS4 game into just 6 issues.

But that is exciting they're using the extra space to also flesh out things we didn't really see or hear about in the game, namely Peter and Felicia's past relationship.
    I don't know if The Heist needs five issues, so I'm wondering if they'll try and do the entire DLC in one mini.

Although I guess they could pad it out with flashbacks, new character details/POV, and they might adapt the Walter Hardy side-mission (just not Screwball).

I thought Felicia's self-reflection and subsequent payoff to Sonny Ocampo was really interesting from a character perspective. As was her reaction to learning of his involvement with Odessa.

Can't wait for her date next issue!

Spectacular Member

I really liked issue 5, definitely my favorite issue of the run so far. I feel like her inner monologues do a good job of showing that she's not completely selfish.

Honestly after the first issue I didn't think I would like her two goons, but they have really grown on me as well.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    I thought Felicia's self-reflection and subsequent payoff to Sonny Ocampo was really interesting from a character perspective. As was her reaction to learning of his involvement with Odessa.

Can't wait for her date next issue!
    Quote Originally Posted by Docz View Post
    I really liked issue 5, definitely my favorite issue of the run so far. I feel like her inner monologues do a good job of showing that she's not completely selfish.

Honestly after the first issue I didn't think I would like her two goons, but they have really grown on me as well.
    Agreed with you both, and it is a relief that her character development in Nick Spencer's ASM is still progressing.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I wonder if we'll get a official confirmation on whether Felicia really had a son or not. Her answer in the DLC was kinda vague, considering she said it was a 'misdirection', but didn't really confirm her having a son was a lie.

Personally, I think it'd be really interesting to have that be confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdman3000 View Post
    I wonder if we'll get a official confirmation on whether Felicia really had a son or not. Her answer in the DLC was kinda vague, considering she said it was a 'misdirection', but didn't really confirm her having a son was a lie.

Personally, I think it'd be really interesting to have that be confirmed.
    I imagine the comic will keep it true to the game in terms of being vague with leaning towards it not being exactly true.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I imagine the comic will keep it true to the game in terms of being vague with leaning towards it not being exactly true.
    Yeah, comic tie-ins should never do big reveals, that's a mistake YJ cartoon made, anything relevant about Ocean Master was revealed in the comic tie-in instead of the cartoon lol.

The comic should develop Felicia more though, the game has all of her traits, but kinda is missing what is "between" each trait if you know what I mean, it's so bad that it was pretty vague if Felicia actually cared about Peter or not in the first DLC, we needed to wait until the third one to confirm that yes, she does.

Yeah, comic tie-ins should never do big reveals, that's a mistake YJ cartoon made, anything relevant about Ocean Master was revealed in the comic tie-in instead of the cartoon lol.

The comic should develop Felicia more though, the game has all of her traits, but kinda is missing what is "between" each trait if you know what I mean, it's so bad that it was pretty vague if Felicia actually cared about Peter or not in the first DLC, we needed to wait until the third one to confirm that yes, she does.
    Yeah, one of my problems with the tie-in comic is the important stuff they left for the comic to address, but I guess it does make the tie-in more relevant and lets you fit in content that you just couldn't make room for in the series.

I'm kind of over Felicia playing and betraying Peter at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, one of my problems with the tie-in comic is the important stuff they left for the comic to address, but I guess it does make the tie-in more relevant and lets you fit in content that you just couldn't make room for in the series.

I'm kind of over Felicia playing and betraying Peter at this point.
    Tie-in comics are best when they're used to expand the narrative, rather than provide absolute necessary information. Which is what Hostile Takeover, Velocity, and sounds like this new do. Even City At War was at its best when it was showing the events of the game from new angles or perspectives, rather than when it was simply retelling the game's plot. That's why I also think we may end up getting all 3 DLCs as comics over the course of 15 issues, not only does it let them expand it more, but it also pads out the time until we get a official Spider-Man 2 announcement, since they aren't gonna jump on a real sequel story until they know what they can or can't do compared to the game.

And yeah, I'm hoping we can see more to show Felicia actually caring about Peter beyond the vague "You're hot and also easy to manipulate". Because even her showing up in DLC3 feels a little confusing regarding her intentions.