Page 31 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Then Felicia loses her appeal as the girl that mother doesn't approve of.
    There's other reasons people like Felicia.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    There's other reasons people like Felicia.
    Sure. But that doesn't change that Felicia is the "bad girl". And all I'm seeing is people wanting Felicia to be less of the "bad girl" type, to make her not so toxic for Peter. And, speaking very frankly, that cuts the core out of Felicia's appeal.

But shippers gonna ship.

Sure. But that doesn't change that Felicia is the "bad girl". And all I'm seeing is people wanting Felicia to be less of the "bad girl" type, to make her not so toxic for Peter. And, speaking very frankly, that cuts the core out of Felicia's appeal.

But shippers gonna ship.
    She would hardly be the first character who changed after getting into a relationship with Peter. Hell, she already became less of a bad girl before OMD.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    She would hardly be the first character who changed after getting into a relationship with Peter. Hell, she already became less of a bad girl before OMD.
    And we saw what Marvel thought of that AFTER OMD.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/sdcc-marvel-comi...der-man-panel/

First Daredevil, now Johnny...

Should be fun! I suspect it will be a one-and-done, like Johnny's date with Silk.
    Wouldn't be cool to see Felicia date Clint Barton(Hawkeye)? That would be fun to see as well as a Team-up with Nightcrawler...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I think that Peter goes well with MJ or Felicia...
    I think that it should go beyond MJ or Felicia, such as the following:

Jessica Drew
    Carol Danvers
    Silver Sable
    Tigra
    Black Widow
    Psylocke
    Jennifer Walters

Relationship are about bringing out the best sides of the character.These heroines would work well for Peter because they are just as flawed as The Black Cat. I would love to see Tigra play a major role in Felicia's world as well as Spider-Man as a Police Officer.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 07-25-2019 at 11:45 PM.

But shippers gonna ship.
    Way off the mark here. It's a matter of wanting to see the character grow beyond the initial archetype, which we've seen the character revert to enough. There's a reason why many fans of the character had been waiting for her to get her memories back, as the point before OMD/BND was where she was at her most well-rounded, with most dimension. "Bad girl" isn't a personality, it's a cipher. A woman can be so many other things beyond initially being a thrill-seeker or having a destructive streak, especially if you bother to psychologically explore into what may have been the catalyst for those tendencies. We've already seen Felicia be nurturing, caring, heroic, and so on, which are very much removed from "bad girl".

Beyond that, I see a bit of hypocrisy in this position of keeping the character deep in this pocket. You seem fine with a character like Mary Jane having grown out from her party girl persona, but won't give the same grace to another? Shippers really do gonna ship.
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

I don't even think it has anything to do with the "bad girl" type per se, moreso her personal nervousness to be completely honest about herself. Even the period from once she started dating Flash to pre-OMD, its clear just how much she's grown, just when it comes to displaying her affections for Peter, she was still very standoffish about how she really felt.

That Sensational issue that focused on her during Civil War may be the perfect example of her dynamic and situation, where she realizes closing herself off has pushed people like Peter away, and opening herself up (to the Rhino of all people) helps her come to terms with what exactly she wants.

That's what makes her so compelling as a character and love interest, we as the audience may know how much she genuinely loves him, but due to her personality, it comes off as much more shallow, ie: "I only care about Spider, not Peter, etc.", allowing future stories to take that as an obstacle that remains, or an obstacle to overcome.

Ultimate Member

I see her as more naughty than really bad, sure she's a thief but she still has standards and lines that she won't cross and we know that she really does love Peter, or is fully capable of it...and after all Mary Jane isn't exactly a saint either...

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    Way off the mark here. It's a matter of wanting to see the character grow beyond the initial archetype, which we've seen the character revert to enough. There's a reason why many fans of the character had been waiting for her to get her memories back, as the point before OMD/BND was where she was at her most well-rounded, with most dimension. "Bad girl" isn't a personality, it's a cipher. A woman can be so many other things beyond initially being a thrill-seeker or having a destructive streak, especially if you bother to psychologically explore into what may have been the catalyst for those tendencies. We've already seen Felicia be nurturing, caring, heroic, and so on, which are very much removed from "bad girl".

Beyond that, I see a bit of hypocrisy in this position of keeping the character deep in this pocket. You seem fine with a character like Mary Jane having grown out from her party girl persona, but won't give the same grace to another? Shippers really do gonna ship.
    I didn't want to say it, but thanks for confirming what you basically want is for Felicia to essentially become Mary Jane.

I see her as more naughty than really bad, sure she's a thief but she still has standards and lines that she won't cross and we know that she really does love Peter, or is fully capable of it...and after all Mary Jane isn't exactly a saint either...
    You need to stop saying this. Mary Jane wasn't a thief. And she never murdered (or even tried to murder) anyone.

I didn't want to say it, but thanks for confirming what you basically want is for Felicia to essentially become Mary Jane.
    That’s funny, because it sounds like what you basically want is for Felicia to essentially be more bad, toxic or villainous than she is.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    That’s funny, because it sounds like what you basically want is for Felicia to essentially be more bad, toxic or villainous than she is.
    I think Felicia works best as temptation. Something like The Queenpin was an awful idea, IMO.

Astonishing Member

https://terrigen-cdn-dev.marvel.com/...hday_final.jpg

check out Felicia on top of the Marvel Birthdaycake next to Marvel Girl

Ultimate Member

You need to stop saying this. Mary Jane wasn't a thief. And she never murdered (or even tried to murder) anyone.
    I never said that she was any of those things, only that MJ isn't exactly as sweet and innocent as some want to make her out to be...

I never said that she was any of those things, only that MJ isn't exactly as sweet and innocent as some want to make her out to be...
    What exactly are you trying to say here?