Page 43 of 47 FirstFirst ... 33394041424344454647 LastLast
Results 631 to 645 of 703
  1. #631
    Extraordinary Member Celgress's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,129

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Thanks. I was mostly making a bit of an attempt at a joke about reaching the Number of the Beast.
    LOL, no Mephisto love in this thread buddy. Such behavior is strictly prohibited

    But yeah in all serious congrats on your post count my friend.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

  2. #632
    Mighty Member Zeitgeist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Oz
    Posts
    1,326

    Default

    Question I'd like to put to y'all fellow fans:

    Comparisons to Catwoman always seem inevitable, no matter how unfounded they may or may not be. With that in mind, would you tweak Felicia's character to set her apart from Selina Kyle, and if so, what would you change? Would it be to do with her look, or her personality? Vocation? Etc
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

    ♪ღ♪░M░E░P░H░I░S░T░O░ W░A░S░ R░I░G░H░T░♪ღ♪

    *•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

  3. #633
    Mighty Member KangMiRae's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    The sea!
    Posts
    1,524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    Question I'd like to put to y'all fellow fans:

    Comparisons to Catwoman always seem inevitable, no matter how unfounded they may or may not be. With that in mind, would you tweak Felicia's character to set her apart from Selina Kyle, and if so, what would you change? Would it be to do with her look, or her personality? Vocation? Etc
    I'd leave her be. I personally think Catwoman is kinda lame, but Felicia's more exciting than her. I also think Felicia has had better costumes than Selina's.
    Admiral of a fleet of ships—relationships!
    Comicbooks are nothing to me without ships and romance!

  4. #634
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    20,405

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    Question I'd like to put to y'all fellow fans:

    Comparisons to Catwoman always seem inevitable, no matter how unfounded they may or may not be. With that in mind, would you tweak Felicia's character to set her apart from Selina Kyle, and if so, what would you change? Would it be to do with her look, or her personality? Vocation? Etc
    I'd personally go back to her having a detective agency like she did for a while or have her be on a Heroes for Hire/Defenders team again. Since, she is/was a thief her expertise might be helpful.

  5. #635
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    43,863

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    Question I'd like to put to y'all fellow fans:

    Comparisons to Catwoman always seem inevitable, no matter how unfounded they may or may not be. With that in mind, would you tweak Felicia's character to set her apart from Selina Kyle, and if so, what would you change? Would it be to do with her look, or her personality? Vocation? Etc
    This is a hard question for me to answer because I think some of the traits that are similar to Selina are so inherently a part of Felicia's character that tweaking or removing them would make her into somebody she's not.

    Like, it's hard for me to imagine Felicia as anything but a sexy cat burglar in black leather who has the hots for a hero. Those are important elements of the character in my opinion (even the black leather part :P).

    I guess you could make her a PI again (even though that's now pretty much Jessica Jones' thing) although for the most part I think people would find that lacking compared to seeing Felicia in her niche, which is pulling heists.

    Visually I think they're very distinctive though.

  6. #636
    Mighty Member Zeitgeist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Oz
    Posts
    1,326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    I'd leave her be. I personally think Catwoman is kinda lame, but Felicia's more exciting than her. I also think Felicia has had better costumes than Selina's.
    Wouldn't disagree at all, though I do like the costume redesign by... can't think of his name right now, on the tip of my tongue - the one with the black leather and goggles in any case.

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I'd personally go back to her having a detective agency like she did for a while or have her be on a Heroes for Hire/Defenders team again. Since, she is/was a thief her expertise might be helpful.
    I wouldn't mind it, honestly. Though that's kind of Jessica Jones' turf, she didn't exactly come straight to mind.

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This is a hard question for me to answer because I think some of the traits that are similar to Selina are so inherently a part of Felicia's character that tweaking or removing them would make her into somebody she's not.

    Like, it's hard for me to imagine Felicia as anything but a sexy cat burglar in black leather who has the hots for a hero. Those are important elements of the character in my opinion (even the black leather part :P).

    I guess you could make her a PI again (even though that's now pretty much Jessica Jones' thing) although for the most part I think people would find that lacking compared to seeing Felicia in her niche, which is pulling heists.

    Visually I think they're very distinctive though.
    Yeah, even if you stopped her being a thief it's not like you could get rid of the cat motif, so there's always going to be a comparison. The platinum blonde and white fur definitely helps.

    I think her bad luck powers help a lot also, when they're in use. They seem to come and go depending on who's writing.
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

    ♪ღ♪░M░E░P░H░I░S░T░O░ W░A░S░ R░I░G░H░T░♪ღ♪

    *•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

  7. #637
    Mighty Member KangMiRae's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    The sea!
    Posts
    1,524

    Default

    F e l i c i a

    b u t t

    Black Cat #7 cover by Campbell
    Admiral of a fleet of ships—relationships!
    Comicbooks are nothing to me without ships and romance!

  8. #638
    Incredible Member Jman27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    802

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    F e l i c i a

    b u t t

    Black Cat #7 cover by Campbell
    In the words of Aku extra THICC
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

  9. #639
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Emma Frost. They're both blondes who are foils and romantic rivals to famous Marvel redheads and Emma's diamond motif would fit well with a cat burglar.

    If not Emma, then maybe Silver Sable.
    Emma was merged with Wolverine (creepy) in Diamond Patch.

    I considered Silver Sable, but she's also related with Spider-Man, so the most logical thing would be someone related with Moon Knight. For Silver Sable, I considered the woman named Chloe Tran, who is a member of the Knights Templar.

    Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Also, I think Black Cat warping with Invisible Woman would be cool. She’d be the perfect cat burglar, never to be caught!
    Sue Richards, the Invisible Woman, was already merged with her own husband, Reed Richards. (Geez, how could Valeria and Franklin be born like this?).

    Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    You could combine her with Elektra and call her Nine Lives or something because of Elektra's resurrection, or combine her with Doc Ock and get Octopussy lol
    Elektra was merged with Bullseye (creepy).
    "Octopussy"? Not funny, pal. Check out Spider-Ham's world.

    Maybe Stained Glass Scarlet is the best choice, after all.

  10. #640
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    43,863

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    Wouldn't disagree at all, though I do like the costume redesign by... can't think of his name right now, on the tip of my tongue - the one with the black leather and goggles in any case.
    Darwyn Cooke. It's a popular look although one that's not universally beloved among Catwoman fans.
    I wouldn't mind it, honestly. Though that's kind of Jessica Jones' turf, she didn't exactly come straight to mind.
    There are actually a lot of female PI's in the Marvel universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    F e l i c i a

    b u t t

    Black Cat #7 cover by Campbell
    Definitely showing off that booty .

  11. #641
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    11,340

    Default

    Felicia looks great, but who's the lady in red...

  12. #642
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    43,863

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Felicia looks great, but who's the lady in red...
    Odessa Drake, leader of the Thieves Guild.

  13. #643
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    11,340

    Default

    Cool, thanks, Campbell sure can draw the ladies...

  14. #644
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    20,405

    Default

    It's not exactly an original idea, but I could see Felicia as part of a team whose goals revolve around fighting against corporations and individuals whose actions are technically legal (or so they say) but who have harmed people less fortunate than they. Members would be Hobie Brown (the original Prowler) and Cardiac.

  15. #645
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Tigra already got warped with Wendigo in Secret Warps: Weapon Hex Annual, and the resulting "Wentigra" was a cannibalistic murderer.
    I would rather see Tigra as a reoccurring guest in Spider-Man's world as Peter's ally...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •