Page 28 of 54 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    The Black Cat is the closest thing to a super heroine that Spidey has any chemistry with. He cannot seem to connect with any of the others.
    Blame that on the writers. Spider-Man has connected with a few heroines. The problem is most writers do not want to be bothered by it. Jessica Drew, Carol Danvers, and Jennifer Walters could connect with Spidey on a personal level. The last time Peter and Carol interacted was in 2012. The another great interaction that was a missed opportunity is Tigra and Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Blame that on the writers. Spider-Man has connected with a few heroines. The problem is most writers do not want to be bothered by it. Jessica Drew, Carol Danvers, and Jennifer Walters could connect with Spidey on a personal level. The last time Peter and Carol interacted was in 2012. The another great interaction that was a missed opportunity is Tigra and Spider-Man.
    The writers are just respecting Spider-Man's DNA.

Connecting (too much) with super-heroines would go against his every-man image. Bad enough with a model for a wife.

Ultimate Member

Some guys just have the worst luck...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    The writers are just respecting Spider-Man's DNA.

Connecting (too much) with super-heroines would go against his every-man image. Bad enough with a model for a wife.
    Relationships are about opening to doors to stories that would improve on the brand overall. Spider-Man's DNA is about increasing sales figures which leads to bigger profit margins. Interesting story direction improves sales growth..

Also, there is no such thing as a every-man or every-woman.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 07-19-2019 at 01:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Relationships are about opening to doors to stories that would improve on the brand overall. Spider-Man's DNA is about increasing sale figures. Interesting story direction improves sales growth..

Also, there is no such thing as a every-man or every-woman.
    Yeah since I join this forum I keep seeing everyone here use the term every-man but I always wonder if it’s a fan term or it’s legit. Cause Peter can’t represent the average male today and has he really?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

BANNED

Talking Happy 40th Anniversary 616 Felicia Hardy aka the Black Cat!!! 1979-2019

Amazing Spider-Man #194 Jul 1979
    First appearance of the Black Cat in "Never Let The Black Cat Cross Your Path!"
    One of the landmark issues of the Amazing Spider-Man series!

The dazzling debut of the Black Cat! The wall-crawler has spent the first 193 issues of his title chasing super-villains!

But tonight he's going to kiss one instead! Wow! Does the web-slinger stand a chance
    against the beauty and charm of Felicia Hardy? Not when the alluring cat has his tongue!

And maybe later his heart! A terrific issue!
    NOTES: The Black Cat is the creative highlight of the Wolfman-Pollard run on the Amazing Spider-Man title. Dave Cockrum designed the cat's costume.

Script by Marv Wolfman. Art by Keith Pollard (breakdowns) and Frank Giacoia (finishes).

https://www.cbr.com/sdcc-marvel-comi...der-man-panel/

Lowe teased that an incoming issue of the best-selling Black Cat series will feature a date between the heroine and Spider-Man's best friend The Human Torch.
    First Daredevil, now Johnny...

Should be fun! I suspect it will be a one-and-done, like Johnny's date with Silk.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post

Should be fun! I suspect it will be a one-and-done, like Johnny's date with Silk.
    I was thinking more Black Cat going out with Boomerang to swipe something from Johnny, like she did in Superior Foes :P

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post

Wouldn't be the first time, looking at that Spidey/Human Torch issue where Felicia had Johnny help her sneak in to steal something from Black Panther .

Also not the first time Johnny's dated a criminal...

(Does this violate the bro code? I think it kind of does).

Astonishing Member

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...ks-spider-man/ interview with writer of Black Cat series, i like this part

AiPT!: When it comes to Spider-Man’s romances, why do you think the Black Cat and Spider-Man dynamic works so well? Follow up, which is Peter’s one true love, Black Cat or MJ?

JM: MJ is the girl Peter should be with. I don’t think there’s any question there, they’re one of the great comic book couples.

But Felicia… Felicia is the girl he definitely, 100%, should not be with- and I think that’s much more interesting.

Hey speak for yourself, writer guy. Give me all of the wild bad girls
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...ks-spider-man/ interview with writer of Black Cat series, i like this part

AiPT!: When it comes to Spider-Man’s romances, why do you think the Black Cat and Spider-Man dynamic works so well? Follow up, which is Peter’s one true love, Black Cat or MJ?

JM: MJ is the girl Peter should be with. I don’t think there’s any question there, they’re one of the great comic book couples.

But Felicia… Felicia is the girl he definitely, 100%, should not be with- and I think that’s much more interesting.
    McKay seems to get Felicia pretty well, especially emphasizing that the Queenpin stuff is behind her and she's not a villain .

I hope the series gets to go on for a while, both so he can explore those ideas and our girl can get a good and lengthy comic run under her plate .

I'd be interested to see how he'd write Peter and Felicia's dynamic with that in mind.

Ultimate Member

I think that Peter goes well with MJ or Felicia...

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    Hey speak for yourself, writer guy. Give me all of the wild bad girls
    In his defense, he did say that the dynamic between Felicia and Peter was much more interesting, if only for the transgressive nature of such a relationship, in that she's the kind of girl he "shouldn't" be with.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Ultimate Member

I think that Peter and Felicia could work as a pair, just depends on who is writing the book...