Page 46 of 54 FirstFirst ... 36424344454647484950 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, one of my problems with the tie-in comic is the important stuff they left for the comic to address, but I guess it does make the tie-in more relevant and lets you fit in content that you just couldn't make room for in the series.
    The problem is that, a TV series should avoid the headache that is having to read/watch something else to understand the plot as a whole, so if a tie-in were to exist, they should have other adventures, but be skippable, they should only be important enough to show more of that world while not being necessary to understand what's going on, and the whole Ocean Master thing happening in the comics with barely any explanation on the show? Yeah...

I'm kind of over Felicia playing and betraying Peter at this point.
    Well, Felicia usualy only gets the "playing Spidey" part of her character with not much of the development she gets afterwards in other media, I'm sick of it at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    And yeah, I'm hoping we can see more to show Felicia actually caring about Peter beyond the vague "You're hot and also easy to manipulate". Because even her showing up in DLC3 feels a little confusing regarding her intentions.
    Well, DLC3 does show that she cares about him, because she does go find Hammerhead's weakness, give it to Spidey, and expose herself to the world as still being alive (Since after she saves Spidey, you can see in the tweets that people saw her), considering that she pretended to die to have the money and not be hunted, she took a big risk by revealing she was still alive, hell, she even apologized to Spidey, though her tone of voice makes it vague if she really means it, but hey, it's somethin'.

Tie-in comics are best when they're used to expand the narrative, rather than provide absolute necessary information. Which is what Hostile Takeover, Velocity, and sounds like this new do. Even City At War was at its best when it was showing the events of the game from new angles or perspectives, rather than when it was simply retelling the game's plot. That's why I also think we may end up getting all 3 DLCs as comics over the course of 15 issues, not only does it let them expand it more, but it also pads out the time until we get a official Spider-Man 2 announcement, since they aren't gonna jump on a real sequel story until they know what they can or can't do compared to the game.
    Didn't Velocity just introduce Quentin Beck? That seems pretty darn major.

But yeah, I think one of the DLC's that definitely could use some expanding/POV change is Turf Wars considering how underdeveloped Yuri's arc was right up until her character shift at the end. It's too bad they can't write out jetpack/robot Hammerhead...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    The problem is that, a TV series should avoid the headache that is having to read/watch something else to understand the plot as a whole, so if a tie-in were to exist, they should have other adventures, but be skippable, they should only be important enough to show more of that world while not being necessary to understand what's going on, and the whole Ocean Master thing happening in the comics with barely any explanation on the show? Yeah...
    It probably all depends on what the creators think is a priority and what they think is absolutely necessary to showcase in the time allotted. Is it important to show Clark trying to bond with Conner on his own terms? Yeah, but maybe you just can't fit it in with all the other stuff going on in the plot. But I'm not necessarily advocating for that, mind you.

I think when you look at how they handled him, Ocean Master was definitely not a priority on that show.
    Well, Felicia usualy only gets the "playing Spidey" part of her character with not much of the development she gets afterwards in other media, I'm sick of it at this point.
    Yeah, for a "late period" Felicia, she did seem a tad lacking in the character development department.

I really think Erica Lindbeck, as amazing as she was in that game, needed more material to show off Felicia's many layers.
    Well, DLC3 does show that she cares about him, because she does go find Hammerhead's weakness, give it to Spidey, and expose herself to the world as still being alive (Since after she saves Spidey, you can see in the tweets that people saw her), considering that she pretended to die to have the money and not be hunted, she took a big risk by revealing she was still alive, hell, she even apologized to Spidey, though her tone of voice makes it vague if she really means it, but hey, it's somethin'.
    I'll never forget that she said she loved him right as she was planning to disappear for good...through a means of somehow surviving an explosion she somehow knew about before Peter told her.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Technically she doesn't go to find Hammerhead's weakness, she just gives him the drive they stole at the end of DLC1, which has the information to shut down the suit. And that's why I think it seems kind of confusing, since while she does show up to save him and give him the drive, she still keeps that distant tone. You could probably read it as her caring about him, but knowing she can't be the kind of person he wants her to be, so keeps that distance, or you can see it as her doing this so Spidey can stop Hammerhead so she doesn't have to go into hiding anymore, just another long con like she did in DLC1. That's why I think she'd be a bit more compelling if we got to hear more from her and not keep it as vague.

Didn't Velocity just introduce Quentin Beck? That seems pretty darn major.
    True, but to be fair, Mysterio is already canon to the PS4 universe, with him being mentioned a few times, and the "cameo" at the Halloween party. So it's not like this is his true introduction.

Yeah, for a "late period" Felicia, she did seem a tad lacking in the character development department.

I really think Erica Lindbeck, as amazing as she was in that game, needed more material to show off Felicia's many layers.

I'll never forget that she said she loved him right as she was planning to disappear for good...through a means of somehow surviving an explosion she somehow knew about before Peter told her.
    Lindbeck is perfect in the role and brings her up so much. She captures the seductive and vulnerable tone so well.

I assumed that she knew that Hammerhead was gonna go after her after stealing the final drive and so was always planning to disappear. The bombs at her apartment just turned out to be the perfect and easy opportunity. And her whole role in the DLC is basically being manipulative, which is why it becomes a bit harder to determine if anything she says is really sincere or not.

Technically she doesn't go to find Hammerhead's weakness, she just gives him the drive they stole at the end of DLC1, which has the information to shut down the suit. And that's why I think it seems kind of confusing, since while she does show up to save him and give him the drive, she still keeps that distant tone. You could probably read it as her caring about him, but knowing she can't be the kind of person he wants her to be, so keeps that distance, or you can see it as her doing this so Spidey can stop Hammerhead so she doesn't have to go into hiding anymore, just another long con like she did in DLC1. That's why I think she'd be a bit more compelling if we got to hear more from her and not keep it as vague.
    Give me some playable Black Cat DLC that lets us get into her head .
    True, but to be fair, Mysterio is already canon to the PS4 universe, with him being mentioned a few times, and the "cameo" at the Halloween party. So it's not like this is his true introduction.
    Yeah, but isn't Velocity set after the main story? So...either Beck isn't Mysterio in this universe or Spider-Man's never figured out who he is ?
    Lindbeck is perfect in the role and brings her up so much. She captures the seductive and vulnerable tone so well.
    And she's not just using a Catwoman voice like Grey Griffin did.
    I assumed that she knew that Hammerhead was gonna go after her after stealing the final drive and so was always planning to disappear. The bombs at her apartment just turned out to be the perfect and easy opportunity. And her whole role in the DLC is basically being manipulative, which is why it becomes a bit harder to determine if anything she says is really sincere or not.
    That's plausible.

But yeah, I think one of the DLC's that definitely could use some expanding/POV change is Turf Wars considering how underdeveloped Yuri's arc was right up until her character shift at the end. It's too bad they can't write out jetpack/robot Hammerhead...
    Silver Hammerhead was so lame, specialy since for a guy who had a robot body, he didn't bother to get a stupid helmet lol.

It probably all depends on what the creators think is a priority and what they think is absolutely necessary to showcase in the time allotted. Is it important to show Clark trying to bond with Conner on his own terms? Yeah, but maybe you just can't fit it in with all the other stuff going on in the plot. But I'm not necessarily advocating for that, mind you.

I think when you look at how they handled him, Ocean Master was definitely not a priority on that show.
    Thing is that Ocean Master isn't some of the random mooks that the Light hires, he was one of the leaders, but he gets nothing, and if you pay attention, it's because of him that Light managed to get Starro for their Starro-Tech, so he was a pretty big deal off-screen, and him not getting any development on the cartoon despite having this importance? Yeah, lame, and then season 3 just had him being one shot by Lady Shiva, by that point it's just disrespect; I don't care about the character, but I rolled my eyes at how poorly used he was.

Yeah, it's a shame.

Well, she said it in a pretty casual way, which makes it vague if she really meant it, or was just saying love, but in a way that actualy just means "I like that personality trait".

And DLC1 showed that she's pretty good at playing everyone, so knowing that the bomb was there isn't far fetched if she knows how Hammerhead usually plays, it is far fetched that she knew exactly where it was and how it would be triggered though, unless she had some device telling her that, it's almost supernatural to predict it so accurately lol.

The data drives she stole only contained the data needed to have the wealth of the Maggia, Hammerhead having Sable tech was only shown at the very end of the DLC, so they couldn't have stolen anything about that armor, the drive she steals from Hammerhead is even specifically pointed out to be his data drive that can get the Maggia's wealth, so Felicia was investigating him and stealing info off-screen in between DLCs, and considering that she had no reason to ever mess with Hammerhead since she was playing dead, yeah, she put herself on risk for Spidey, that can point out that she actually does care.

Also she didn't get any info on Project Olympus, it was actually medical records about the plate in his head.

Give me some playable Black Cat DLC that lets us get into her head .
    We all know a playable Felicia would be mostly used to get pictures of her ass

Yeah, but isn't Velocity set after the main story? So...either Beck isn't Mysterio in this universe or Spider-Man's never figured out who he is ?
    Yeah it's possible this Mysterio was more competent when keeping his secret identity, someone else being Mysterio is possible, specially since we have two others in the comics, but it's more plausible that Spidey just didn't figure it out.

So I just realized that Spider-Man the animated series from Fox basically had the closest thing to a Mass Effect/Metal Gear crossover we'll ever see by having Jennifer Hale (Commander Shepard) voice Felicia Hardy and David Hayter (Solid Snake) voice Captain America.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    So I just realized that Spider-Man the animated series from Fox basically had the closest thing to a Mass Effect/Metal Gear crossover we'll ever see by having Jennifer Hale (Commander Shepard) voice Felicia Hardy and David Hayter (Solid Snake) voice Captain America.
    Jennifer Hale was also in Metal Gear Solid as Dr. Naomi Hunter, if I recall right, alongside David Hayter as Solid Snake.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Looks straight out of the game .

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Not exposing any cleavage compared to video game Black Cat 2099, but still just as sexy .
    "Taimanin Asagi" taught me that exposed cleavages are not necessary.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    "Taimanin Asagi" taught me that exposed cleavages are not necessary.
    Nice reference.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Haha, thanks.

Then again, that opinion is still kind of subjective. Felicia's "armored" costume from the PS4 game. No cleavage, still hot like a Taimanin bodysuit.

Queenpin's cleavage-less costume? Turn-off. Especially the cat-eyes on her shoulders. Tsk.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

The Queenpin costume isn't so bad once you remove the eyes.

That costume is always going to be tainted by the status quo it was used for.

The whip tail was also too Catwoman in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    Haha, thanks.

Then again, that opinion is still kind of subjective. Felicia's "armored" costume from the PS4 game. No cleavage, still hot like a Taimanin bodysuit.

Queenpin's cleavage-less costume? Turn-off. Especially the cat-eyes on her shoulders. Tsk.
    You're welcome.

Agreed.

That costume is always going to be tainted by the status quo it was used for.

The whip tail was also too Catwoman in my opinion.
    Also a very good point. If it wasn't for that, it would probably be somewhat better-received.