Page 6 of 54 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

The logical answer then would have been to have Peter and MJ apart and have Felicia and Peter actually be given a chance...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    The logical answer then would have been to have Peter and MJ apart and have Felicia and Peter actually be given a chance...
    Don't know why Marvel didn't do that. Were they afraid fans would think Felicia was a rebound? Would fans of hers even care, once they saw the writers actually giving her a real chance. They could have waited a year in real time and then go for it. But I think that Marvel didn't really want the possibility of Peter (or them) finding himself in another serious relationship after MJ.

To me they're are only three women in Peter's life that fans would accept: MJ, Felicia, and Gwen (I know she's dead but hey it's Marvel)

MJ was a no go for Marvel, Gwen is dead (RIP?), and then Felicia.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Flashback View Post
    That's what i'm miffed about, they could have made Felicia the main love interest after the whole ordeal but no, she only showed up a few times. I hate that now that Peters back with MJ of course they use Felicia again, just to flame the other relationship. She's going to fall back into the role she had before.
    Some writers may not have been that interested in Felicia as a love interest, there are other factors to consider than just fan wish fulfilment. Slott didn't use MJ or Felicia as interests and barely ever focused on Peter's romantic pursuits unless he was inspired (Mockingbird), or when he was propping up Otto (Anna Marie)

Frankly, I think Felicia and Peter are better off as friends with a prior romantic history than an ongoing love story that really hasn't been in play for decades, and doesn't really need to be to maintain Felicia's popularity with fans. I like to think she can grow beyond Peter...MJ couldn't (and fans didn't want her to), but Felicia can. Though the Queenpin gimmick was a poorattempt at growing beyond Peter, it did give Felicia exposure in more books.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 01-20-2019 at 03:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Some writers may not have been that interested in Felicia as a love interest, there are other factors to consider than just fan wish fulfilment. Slott didn't use MJ or Felicia and barely ever focused on Peter's romantic pursuits unless he was inspired (Mockingbird), or when he was propping up Otto (Anna Marie)

Frankly, I think Felicia and Peter are better off as friends with a prior romantic history than an ongoing love story that really hasn't been in play for decades, and doesn't really need to be to maintain Felicia's popularity with fans. I like to think she can grow beyond Peter...MJ couldn't (and fans didn't want her to), but Felicia can. Though the Queenpin gimmick was a poorattempt at growing beyond Peter, it did give Felicia exposure in more books.
    I do too and hope that writers can walk that fine line without making Felicia "that girl" in the future.

MJ couldn't (and fans didn't want her to), but Felicia can.
    Ditto again, but only time will tell I guess.
    Last edited by Flashback; 01-20-2019 at 04:05 AM.

Ultimate Member

I think that Peter and Felicia could work very well together if done right, play off them adjusting to their different worlds so to speak, maybe after no longer being the Queenpin Felicia would have been broke and Peter close to it so they'd room together and go from there, I doubt that Felicia's popularity stems from whether or not she's dating Peter...or something that Peter would still have some money and then have Felicia want only a business relationship at first but it would become more as time went on...or something along those lines...

I have a lot of issues with how Felicia was depicted post-OMD, but making her and Peter an item again was not going to fix that.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashback View Post
    I know that people hated her as a Queenpin, but to me at least, she was finally moving away from her role of teasing Peter or sleeping with him, and then having her move on, only for the cycle to continue.
    That had already been accomplished toward the end of Civil War when she had her confrontation with Rhino. That story left her in the perfect place to launch her off into her own stories independent of Peter.

Instead she was brought back to engage in a relationship that felt like a fourteen-year-old's fantasy, and which would find itself being heavily criticized on social media if it were happening right now.

BANNED

Talking Happy Birthday Keith Pollard!!!

Amazing Spider-Man #194 Rejected Cover

Recreation by Keith Pollard

Black Cat Commission

by Keith Pollard

Panel from Amazing Spider-Man #194.

Art by Keith Pollard and Frank Giacoia
    http://greatlakescomicconvention.com/pollard.html
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/keith-pollard/4040-4300/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    That had already been accomplished toward the end of Civil War when she had her confrontation with Rhino. That story left her in the perfect place to launch her off into her own stories independent of Peter.

Instead she was brought back to engage in a relationship that felt like a fourteen-year-old's fantasy, and which would find itself being heavily criticized on social media if it were happening right now.
    It would have been better to use Lily Hollister in her role as "Queen Cat" as the "Queenpin". (At least the name is more suitable).

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post

I remember that story. That was beautiful character work that the "Spidey Brain Trust" then proceeded to crap all over in Brand New Day, setting the stage for the savaging she got in Superior Spider-Man and onward.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    It would have been better to use Lily Hollister in her role as "Queen Cat" as the "Queenpin". (At least the name is more suitable).
    I thought Lily was trying to turn a new leaf as of AXIS: Hobgoblin . . . then again, she could've regained her memory of who she used to be and decided to strike out solo.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Ultimate Member

Yeah Felicia could have been split off, perhaps that's a bit of what the Queenpin thing was...though if it was it was done badly...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by agent z View Post
    a new year, a new appreciation thread for everyone's favorite comic book cat burglar (that isn't selina kyle).

first appearance: the amazing spider-man #194 (july 1979)

created by: marv wolfman and dave cockrum
    Keith Pollard!

BANNED

Ottley's Felicia

Ottley's Felicia

Cute illustration .

Ottley's Felicia

very fitting, lol
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."