Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    You know something funny? I just thought about the idea of all Spider-Families somehow meeting into some crazy Spider-Verse's adventure. I can't stop thinking about the effect it could have the perspective of how Spider-Man's legacy could be in different realities.

+ MC2's Spider-Family and RYV's Spider-Family would get along quite well, as their worlds are very similar. Annie and Mayday have already a very strong bond, considering how Annie's counterpart of May died in her reality.

+ I wonder what kind of impact could have House of M's Spider-Family on MC2 and RYV's Spider-Families. A world where Spider-Man ended up with Gwen Stacy, not Mary Jane; and they had a son of their own. There are other realities where Peter and Gwen had kids?

+ Not sure, but I think there was a couple of realities where Spider-Man and the Black Cat had their own family. What effect would have this Spider-Cat Family on the others?

What do you think of this?
    Could throw in the Earth X version where Mayday became Venom and was estranged from her father because of it, though they did repair their relationship later on in the story.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I always thought that Chelicera from the last arc was going to turn out to be Mayday's RYV counterpart that Sinister got from Oscorp. I wish Houser had been given the chance to explore that storyline. Not that Spider-Girls was at all bad, but that seemed like it'd be a fascinating story.

Of course, having Mayday cross over into tha story would also be really compelling - although it would need explaining why the Spider-Fam didn't recognise Mayday as Chelicera (or vice versa) having seen both of them unmasked.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonmukluk View Post
    I always thought that Chelicera from the last arc was going to turn out to be Mayday's RYV counterpart that Sinister got from Oscorp. I wish Houser had been given the chance to explore that storyline. Not that Spider-Girls was at all bad, but that seemed like it'd be a fascinating story.

Of course, having Mayday cross over into tha story would also be really compelling - although it would need explaining why the Spider-Fam didn't recognise Mayday as Chelicera (or vice versa) having seen both of them unmasked.
    In RYV baby May miscarried. This was addressed in Houser's run on RYV. The major problem with Spider-Verse is that the Peter there is Post-OMD the one who neverarried and as such as per Quesada and others MJ never got pregnant (because OMIT blah-blah-blah). So him meeting Mayday has none of the emotional punch it would have had you done it with Pre-OMD Peter and MJ. So the entire character dynamic there never landed. Spider-Girls gave you that, where you have a version of Peter and MJ who are close to Pre-OMD Peter and MJ (but not them) and so they endured the Clone Saga and suffered the aftermath and sometime during a version of the JMS era had Annie.

As for the crossover idea, of Spider-Offspring from different mothers...it would be hard to do that story in a way that makes sense without it coming across as skeevy, or jokey. You know Peter has so much action across the multiverse and it basically becomes about shipping over whose mom can beat up whose mom.

I do find it interesting that Mary Jane's children with Peter have so far been the only ones to stand out. The one exception is Ashley Barton's Peter's grand-daughter from the OLM-verse who has attracted attention and notice. But nobody knows who her grandma is.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    In RYV baby May miscarried. This was addressed in Houser's run on RYV.
    Yeah, but Mayday was 'miscarried' in the MC2 as well, though, but she'd actually been kidnapped. Ad it felt like Houser was dropping hints - Logan noting that Chelicera smelled similar but not identical to Annie, the fact she only howed up after Sinister got access to Norman's secret labs, not to mention her unmasked self looking a lot like her MC2 counterpart (and Annie wondering about who she actually is). The fact they acknowledged May's existence seems to be evidence for the idea, not less.

Otherwise the reveal that she's a nobody is kind of an anticlimax. I figure if Spider-Geddon and Spider-Girls hadn't come up, they'd have revealed her true identity.

Out today in the UK is Astonishing Spider-Man vol 7 #24. It includes ASM #794, Spider-Man/Deadpool #32 and RYV #23 (despite the solicit, it does not contain Venom #161). With that, Renew Your Vows has completed it's UK reprint run.
    https://www.facebook.com/MarvelColle...1382681207054/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    In RYV baby May miscarried. This was addressed in Houser's run on RYV. The major problem with Spider-Verse is that the Peter there is Post-OMD the one who neverarried and as such as per Quesada and others MJ never got pregnant (because OMIT blah-blah-blah). So him meeting Mayday has none of the emotional punch it would have had you done it with Pre-OMD Peter and MJ. So the entire character dynamic there never landed. Spider-Girls gave you that, where you have a version of Peter and MJ who are close to Pre-OMD Peter and MJ (but not them) and so they endured the Clone Saga and suffered the aftermath and sometime during a version of the JMS era had Annie.

As for the crossover idea, of Spider-Offspring from different mothers...it would be hard to do that story in a way that makes sense without it coming across as skeevy, or jokey. You know Peter has so much action across the multiverse and it basically becomes about shipping over whose mom can beat up whose mom.

I do find it interesting that Mary Jane's children with Peter have so far been the only ones to stand out. The one exception is Ashley Barton's Peter's grand-daughter from the OLM-verse who has attracted attention and notice. But nobody knows who her grandma is.
    That’s because it was the only one that could possibly happen in canon. Gwen and Peter could’ve had had children but that would’ve been weird even if Gabriel and Sarah were his.

BANNED

Nick Roche is coming to EKNComicFest, and he's bringing over back issues of RYV with him, he'll also be doing head sketches

https://twitter.com/NickRoche/status...F%3Fpage%3D776

BANNED

A list of the best and worst comic book moms...MJ takes the top spot.

https://www.superherohype.com/comics...lS3HGblY2Ue.99

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    A list of the best and worst comic book moms...MJ takes the top spot.

https://www.superherohype.com/comics...lS3HGblY2Ue.99
    And yet there are still those who say MJ shouldn't get her own powers after RYV. I approve of her spot on the list and I also approve of her DC counterpart's position on the opposite list given recent events lol.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

A little off topic but I thought it relevant to share since we all like it when favourite comic leads get involved in the family buisness...Archie are revisiting the "married life" realities where Archie married Betty and Veronica. There'd been a previous series about their married lives which culminated in Archie's death, but these will be the universes that featured in the 2009 anniversary issues, and Archie has been married for over a decade and has had children

The series will be six issues

https://www.newsarama.com/45245-arch...citations.html

For those who are interested. Chapter Five of my Marvel/DC crossover story "Convergence Point" which features Peter, MJ, and young Annie as a loving family has been posted -

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1319924...vergence-Point

If so inclined, enjoy.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Take another look. It's Marvel Comics #1001.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Awesome news and yet I wonder if the other Spider families will have their own story in Marvel 1000 series ?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Take another look. It's Marvel Comics #1001.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Awesome news and yet I wonder if the other Spider families will have their own story in Marvel 1000 series ?
    Either way, it's very awesome, and I'm looking forward to it. And yes, the other incarnations of Peter Parker's Spider-Fam deserve love, too. Also, speaking of Spider-Families, will we be seeing Jessica and Gerry Drew, or Julia and Rachel Carpenter, or even Miguel and Gabriel II from the last issues of Peter David's Spider-Man 2099 relaunch?
    The spider is always on the hunt.